IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

So who else is EXAIted about this?

Jeez, take it easy. Let's just be happy that we're both overjoyed by the prospect of listening to the album.

Unfortunately my general joviality doesn't translate on forums, but typically when I say something like "fuck you watmm etc." it's meant in jest and not to be taken seriously (as was the case here).

But i do really dislike this new quote format.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

I wonder if it will sound at all like the japan benefit stuff, or completely different.

I would be pretty happy with Japan benefit style tracks*u*

More like 6852 plz!

Ts1a... not so much :(

I wonder if the two discs will have as different a sound from each other as from one of their albums to the next.

I had this exact thought/hope!

Didn't thought of it that way but it could be really great. Not necessarily that much differences but at least changes in the atmosphere. Bicephal Ae album !

And yeah I've been listening to Ts1a again yesterday - it's really great, and would match the average EXAI track length so why not ? I would rather go with 10mn of beat fuckery tracks than 10mn of drone waves. Or a mix of the 2.

So who else is EXAIted about this?

Jeez, take it easy. Let's just be happy that we're both overjoyed by the prospect of listening to the album.

Unfortunately my general joviality doesn't translate on forums, but typically when I say something like "fuck you watmm etc." it's meant in jest and not to be taken seriously (as was the case here).

But i do really dislike this new quote format.

The quotes look like the mountains in Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past.

One of the discs will be one hour of Autechre ambient.

and the other will be 10 formerly unreleased mixes of Perlence!

my wish is 2 discs featuring Perlence subrange 6-37 and Perlence subrange 3-38 each exactly 60:16 in length

don't know if this has been posted yet, the autechre.ws website has been updated http://www.autechre.ws/exai/

any secret samples in there? I guess they havent done that before just getting my hopes up

Edited by Awepittance

Guest the anonymous forumite

A double album sure is good news. But let's keep in mind that in the history of double albums, the general rule is that they could have been half the length once you strip off all the fillers. Think Drucks, think Use Your Ilusion, and hell, think Oversteps, 17 tracks too.

Just name a few all-good double albums and I'll shut up.

Edited by the anonymous forumite

hm yeah ae might be convinced that all their recent good stuff is coherent enough for an album... whereas last time around they did the EP, and before that with Quaristice too...

well the artwork doesn't hint towards it in any way, but it could well be that both discs are contrasting each other in stark ways....

my new fav word: juxtaposition.

now the unlikely fandream:

as mentioned above, Brown doing one disc, Booth doing the other. I would like that. you play them in parallel, they will blow your mind if you shuffle the playing order etc...

you play them in parallel, they will blow your mind if you shuffle the playing order etc...

Or if you play, say, sides A and E at the same time...

A double album sure is good news. But let's keep in mind that in the history of double albums, the general rule is that they could have been half the length once you strip off all the fillers. Think Drucks, think Use Your Ilusion, and hell, think Oversteps, 17 tracks too.

Have to disagree. Double albums are sometimes really great - thinking of The Wall, Tales From Topographic Oceans, or even The Orb's Adventure Beyond The Ultraworld...

Let's not consider the fact that it's a double album, but the number of tracks. Drukqs was 30 tracks long and had some fillers indeed. This is 17 tracks long only and since it's Autechre I can't think of it as being boring, or uninteresting. Hope I won't be proved wrong !

Guest Balance

Lifeforms