IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

Pretty cool, relatively simplistic like the 2010 stuff but not so wimpy and noodly. Sounds like they might be using the Elektron stuff again. I like the Cubik reference.

I have to admit I am pretty fucking relieved, LOL :mu-ziq:

reminds me a lot of dial from the Gantz Graf EP.......... . .

in terms of stupid in your face beat fuckery..

Edited by Guest

i think their audience doesnt judge them as harshly as aphex's audience. granted, usually the same people :-)

If you take a cross section of all the work theyve put out, i'd say it is much more consistent quality-wise than Aphex's output. methink this justifies our excitement despite any previews or text

lol

lol

spl9 kind of reminds me of their phoenecia remix, in any case it sounds awesome

I hear some quari, but also some untilted influence. I think it rocks. The audio qual sounds kind of lofi in this though and also mixed in with the track before it. Can't wait for full album. Gets amazing near the middle and end also. !

Edited by coax

better memory than i have, holy shit what an excellent potential xmas present. Only really wtf part of the track is those bell sounds that come in and go away inexplicably.

it sounds like they've potentially moved into doing modular synth stuff, the dely/gantz graffy effect sounds very much like a bucket brigade modular synth CV controlled thing to me

Edited by Awepittance

At first I was like, where's the confirmation that this is legit? And then I listened to it, and was like, oh, hai Sean!

Horrible sound quality but exciting as fuck.

lol, CV controlled by a prototype of a certain fav+ Swedish synth manufacturer's latest groovebox maybe?

they hired a guy I know in february 2012 supposedly for the analog four, so they could've had a prototype for at least a few months. i'll ask him next time i see him. ;)