IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

Who cares how they make the tracks, it's the end result I care about, not the process.

i completely hate this argument. What the fuck is it? Do you have no curiosity as a human?

I really don 't mind about the stuff they use to make entire albums too, like if I didn 't like an album after I knew they used Fruity Loops for making it. But I do like to know about what they use to make them. I would really like to know about the entire process also.

They probably announced and put it on pre-order it so early to get a sense of how many vinyls to press.

what gets me is that there is no release writeup or any description on bleep last i checked. just pics, and the price tag or w/e

i will still buy it

i didnt mean to imply that autechre dont make an effort or have artistic sense. i see what they do as live jam style and i think their audience doesnt judge them as harshly as aphex's audience. granted, usually the same people :-)

Edited by marf

i think their audience doesnt judge them as harshly as aphex's audience. granted, usually the same people :-)

If you take a cross section of all the work theyve put out, i'd say it is much more consistent quality-wise than Aphex's output. methink this justifies our excitement despite any previews or text

is the "Predict new ae album cover" merged in here? What the fuck?

looks like it, obviously the 'chre boys contacted joyrex and said they were offended by it so instead of deleting it (which would have looked too suspicious) he buried it in here. clever play

Nice to hear but i have nothing similar...if you ask about that. Every track I make is quite different from the last one. (maybe that's the reason i've made 30 tracks in the last 5 yrs)

I apologize for the off-topic.

I really like "e
xample1"! - do you have any more?
Edited by xox

i think their audience doesnt judge them as harshly as aphex's audience. granted, usually the same people :-)

If you take a cross section of all the work theyve put out, i'd say it is much more consistent quality-wise than Aphex's output. methink this justifies our excitement despite any previews or text

+1

Guest Balance

I've never got in to Aphex, I d/l chosen lords yesterday but didn't like it that much.

Ablerto Balsalm is great and some of the ones of the first saw, but I don't like any of his other ones.

I feel like I'm missing out :(

Guest Balance

Oh yeah the second tuss one was good for a few listens.

I can listen to most of autechre's stuff over and over, but aphex doesn't have this depth for me.

lol

Do you happen to know the timing where the track is at?
Here at possibly 1:05:22, when that Kevin Drumm / Lasse Marhaug floating box disappears. I'm loving this, whether it's 'spl9' or not.

[edit]Too late, and better link from the anonymous forumite.

Edited by Miblo