IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

Guest Balance

So it's b 11 at the bottom of the artwork?

Thought there'd be 2 bs for boothy and broon.

I tried to make the other pieces fall on top of each other like tetris on ms paint but I don't know how to do anything like that.

If you look at the top and bottom left the pieces look like they could fit.

I dug around a little bit and looks like promos went out with the year-end push. And lo and behold, seems like a review mix is out there! This looks like a snippet of vekoS!!!

http://soundcloud.com/p_sisson/p-sisson-vekos

Astounding! This has me really excited for the album now. Could be the best yet. I applaud Ae's further explorations into brutalist techno hauntological architecture-du-son finessed arse-dribblings

breeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuw

breeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeuuuuuuww

preeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

it's definitely autocrhrey

That track up there better be fake. sounds like a dying cat.

You basically described all of AE's output post-EP7...

*runs*

I was going to donate but now I'm not going to donate

for reasons other than your post that are outside of my control but you should still feel really bad

Edited by baph

*runs*

Normally this would result in my blocking the users posts, but that's impossible in this case :(

fuck tdr. i'm using this for the album cover:

aedayone.jpg

actually, if whoever made this could replace the "day one" with "exai", that would be awesome.

Edited by digit

*runs*

At first I was very offended, but then I realized you kinda defended post-Amber Ae.. still seething, though.

The awful thing about any potential samples leaked is that after Oversteps I'm scared that they are actually genuine because after what they've been putting out since Oversteps, it's hard to tell. After krYlon, O=0, who knows how far they'll push their lifeless, jaded, insipid limp noodling. I don't particularly trust them to care enough, they probably never had a certain self imposed high standard anyway, they just released whatever, and whatever now happens to be shit.

Oversteps/Move of Ten killed my enthusiasm for Autechre and the announcement of this album has brought me back. With 2 hours worth, I'm hoping for at least 10 minutes of Notwo/Outh9X/paralel Suns-style dark ambient, or at least some rich variety in their music. So I can actually distinguish one track from the next, and there are surprises, contrasts and things usually associated with outstanding distinctive music.

I don't think I want to hear this album, I'm happier just looking at the artwork and track titles and imagining.

The awful thing about any potential samples leaked is that after Oversteps I'm scared that they are actually genuine because after what they've been putting out since Oversteps, it's hard to tell. After krYlon, O=0, who knows how far they'll push their lifeless, jaded, insipid limp noodling. I don't particularly trust them to care enough, they probably never had a certain self imposed high standard anyway, they just released whatever, and whatever now happens to be shit.

Oversteps/Move of Ten killed my enthusiasm for Autechre and the announcement of this album has brought me back. With 2 hours worth, I'm hoping for at least 10 minutes of Notwo/Outh9X/paralel Suns-style dark ambient, or at least some rich variety in their music. So I can actually distinguish one track from the next, and there are surprises, contrasts and things usually associated with outstanding distinctive music.

I don't think I want to hear this album, I'm happier just looking at the artwork and track titles and imagining.

i remember when the first genuine leak of oversteps appeared, it was earlier that evening when a Berlin radio station had played two songs off the album and everyone were shitting themselves over the stream... then some random dude here posted a link to a single .m4a file, saying this is the real thing... i know i was the first to listen to it, by opening the download buffer file with VLC, and to readily claim that it was genuine. and honestly, i knew and posted this during the first minute of r-ess. guess i can tap my own shoulder for that right?.. anyway, many of those who listened to the leak dismissed it as being fake later, but really.. there were certain familiar sound design characteristics, in that case, some LFO stuff in the synth line and the hi-hats, which were definitely Booth/Brownian.

i also think r-ess is one of the better tracks on the album, and am not a big fan of it. so uhhh.... if you read this blabbering, i guess i'm trying to say that Exai might be proper lush or something.