IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

Yep, I have to admit I also check here knowing that the info on whether it's leaked or not will reach here earlier than other places... Here and xlt is typically good. That said, I have always paid for ae releases and pre-ordered on day one so I don't feel bad about checking the leaks.

saying it's leaked is also fine

Providing a link to a site whose main purpose is to inform people that something has leaked ahead of an official release is CLEARLY a piracy facilitator

If you can't understand the difference between "saying something has leaked" and "publicly providing a link that allows people to download the album" then you might want to consult a neurosurgeon, as your brain has clearly ceased to function.

did you read what i quoted from joyrex ?

the site joyrex censored doesn't provide (or even allow) any download links, only information whether a particular record had leaked or not, exactly the same thing which he claims is allowed on watmm, if this is not a contradiction then i don't know what is.

That was EXACTLY my point, especially given the site does nothing else than encapsulate a 2 second google search.

(FWIW, I posted the original link he censored).

saying it's leaked is also fine

Providing a link to a site whose main purpose is to inform people that something has leaked ahead of an official release is CLEARLY a piracy facilitator

If you can't understand the difference between "saying something has leaked" and "publicly providing a link that allows people to download the album" then you might want to consult a neurosurgeon, as your brain has clearly ceased to function.

did you read what i quoted from joyrex ?

the site joyrex censored doesn't provide (or even allow) any download links, only information whether a particular record had leaked or not, exactly the same thing which he claims is allowed on watmm, if this is not a contradiction then i don't know what is.

That was EXACTLY my point, especially given the site does nothing else than encapsulate a 2 second google search.

(FWIW, I posted the original link he censored).

So the question we have to ask ourselves is...

Has it leaked?

:wink:

lol I was quite drunk when i was watmming last night. My apologies eugene!

But if it encapsulates a google search, it could very well provide a link for downloading the album (from a blog for example).

Anyhow, let's just use a bit of common sense on this and not get into the semantics of things.

They should release a few previews every week until the album comes out. Just short 30-sec. ones. Please.

No, they should just wait, otherwise you already know what the whole album is like before you've even heard the two hours.

with my lame, dry sense of humour, I was looking up what a picture of "a leak" looked like, thinking I'd post it here in an embedded link saying "it leaked!"

top result? "french gymnast springs a leak". poor lady is pissing everywhere in the middle of her routine.

with my lame, dry sense of humour, I was looking up what a picture of "a leak" looked like, thinking I'd post it here in an embedded link saying "it leaked!"

top result? "french gymnast springs a leak". poor lady is pissing everywhere in the middle of her routine.

that's pretty fucking watmm®

Guest pixelives

Every new Ae album experience is such a complete gesture and has to be listened to in it entirety at least a few times in a row that I really wouldn't want to listen to 30 second snippets beforehand. I bet they'll surprise early release the digital by a few weeks at least.