IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

Guest Brian Sweeney Fitzgerald
fucking love this

even if it ends up fake i love the guy who did it and will buy his stuff

this is awesome

Woah, how did I miss this!?

Love the track... sounds very Untilted to me, which is prolly my fav album... so now my excitement is off the charts! Oversteps was nice, but after that and MoT I'm ready to get back to some of the harder stuff.

Guest CurlyAngryman

Wow. That track was hard as fuck, no matter who made it. Srsly. I hope the rest of the album is a blaring noise-fest as well.

... Or it could be a faek

the guy who did the mix is Rephlex's web designer

...he obviously has the best job ever. And plenty of spare time on his hands to put together awesome podcasts.

zole!

Guest disoriental express
If rest of the album turn out like this and if this is what they have been doing for the last 3 yrs I'll be very disappointed.

Just listening ts1a, OverMoves, and Q and there's a lot more going on in every single track... A LOT MORE. OMG ts1a!

Usually I can smell the genius of Ae instantly even if i don't like a track at first but not that much here. It sound like Ae but something wrong. Maybe it's me...

I think i'd give it another listen at a later date and see if your opinion has changed. Because it completely blew my head open in the most delightful way.

Is that a reference to something someone said or are you just having an argument with yourself ? :unsure:

Yeah I was referring the the post directly above mine that xox was quoted in. ts1a was lumped in with Oversteps and MoT.

It's not easy to write philosophical thoughts in non-native language so I hope you'll have an understanding...;)

I thought for a bit and now I realize that when I said there's something wrong about the track I guess I thought about discrepancy between the will behind the track and its execution. I understand the will but the result sounds as insufficient, as semi-product and that's not what I'm used to with Autechre.
The tonal palette is calling Quaristice on my mind but directly transformed into a live act ... live act that could be expected in this period, although we did not hear such.
I don't know, the track is not sufficiently developed, and it's in conflict. Under the conflict here I primarily think of canceling/suppression in releasing of kinetic-energy as creative pan-image of intellectual achievement of the will, and they are capable of full realization of this energy and as the evidence I'm calling Untitled album and the track from Quristice LA.08.08.2008 live recording that begins at about 21st min. Why would they hold on them selfs? A few twists and it could be a masterpiece!
Percussive sounds and their syntax are almost copies of Quaristice / VER / .ep era but the refinement is not even close (that's obvious even with this low quality).
So what's the only thing this track has over the other, what's new? The only thing new is that intellectual-kinetic momentum, energy, almost beethovenian (this is the rarest thing in the art world in general, and the most valuable in the music in which can only manifest as pure). What bothers me is the assumption that other things need to be suppressed so this energy can be apparent. I do not agree with that and especially Autechre don't have to hold on to that, what this track is called into a question.

Yes, maybe i just think too much.;)