Autechre - Exai

zlemflolia

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TBA is a piss-take of a name for an album don't you think? :cat:

not if you know that it stands for The Bullwallet Album

Of course!

Nice! Hadn't realized it has been a few years now since the last couple came out. Here's hoping they're still tracking in a Move of Ten/Oversteps sort of direction.

In some interview about a year ago, Sean Booth said he had been programming for a while. I'm gonna assume this means AE BEATS.

woopita psshh whoop psshh WAP WAP PSHSSH BAM

If they actually did release the infamous woom pish woom pish track from the Oversteps tour that gave people headaches and shit-filled pants, I'd cry-cum

I would utterly debase myself if it meant getting a soundboard of the Oversteps tour. Shit was the rawest, most brutal shit. Amazing.

Guest bitroast

The machine gun bass hit track that was played in the middle of the Melbourne set (and other sets, I'm guessing?). Like, the dark scary unreal version of LCC.

I would like to hear an album in the style of the oversteps tour. In the style of 6852. etc. Big, fat, massive synths spacey space idm.

Obviously, at this point i think i can say I'll be happy with new Autechre regardless of what it is they're releasing, but I'd still kill to hear oversteps set space style idm^^

I would like to hear an album in the style of the oversteps tour. In the style of 6852. etc. Big, fat, massive synths spacey space idm.

The Oversteps tour has tons of tracks in the style of 6852? What the fuck am I doing not downloading sets then?

Any recommendations?

Ohhh you nub, I'm so jelly.

The only sets you need are as follows:

Glasgow 2005

LA 2008

Domino Tour AB (Not sure why it's named as such but that's the best recording of the Oversteps tour, just google it I guess)

Vancouver 1998

Toronto 2001

Some people like Hemsby 2007 too as it's a kind of amalgam of Untilted and Quari tours, but I'm less fussed.

Congrats, you're about to discover a whole new side to AE.

Guest bitroast

the melbourne set is the only recording i can listen to from oversteps^^

the oversteps set, i found, was a lot more alien / other worldly / spacier than the untilted set. i absolutely kills me there's no soundboard / studio recording of this stuff.

Guest bitroast

although the added commentary to the melbourne set (listening now) is still amazing enough to make me laugh out loud, and really does add something else to the recording.

eg. "it never stops moving!" "i want to know. i want to know!?" "it's like throwing sound at one another!" plus other moments of screaming/laughing ego loss.

As much as i love Autechre, i only listens to their live sets via soundboard recordings (Toronto, Vancouver, Glasgow 2005), the Melbourne one seems well recorded for an audience set but it still sounds way too muddy for something as complex as Autechre. At least for me, i hope they'll change their mind on recorded gigs...

Yeah I agree, the crowd recorded ones are interesting to listen to but I dont tend to keep them and relisten as the quality is to poor.

Ohhh you nub, I'm so jelly.

The only sets you need are as follows:

Glasgow 2005

LA 2008

Domino Tour AB (Not sure why it's named as such but that's the best recording of the Oversteps tour, just google it I guess)

Vancouver 1998

Toronto 2001

Some people like Hemsby 2007 too as it's a kind of amalgam of Untilted and Quari tours, but I'm less fussed.

Congrats, you're about to discover a whole new side to AE.

Oh and dont forget Felx-vienna 96 and Osciallte-Birmingham 93 for some old school Autechre!!

In some interview about a year ago, Sean Booth said he had been programming for a while. I'm gonna assume this means AE BEATS.

But what it raelly means is AE IPHONE APP

Gantz Graf - the MMORPG.

Archived