Guest W32MyDoom

Just saw Django Unchained. It was the same movie as Inglorious except more racist and bloody. Also some dude brought his nine yr old daughter and promptly left AFTER they showed Foxx's balls. Parenting at it's finest.

John Dies at the End - 7.5/10 - imagine a mashup of David Cronenberg's Naked Lunch and Videodrome with the humor of Evil Dead 2 and Phantasm 3 and you kind of have what this movie was. Not bad at all, very ambitious and over the top. It involves a fake hallucinogen called 'soy sauce'. If you like weird movies (that aren't pretentious or foreign art house jerk off material since watmm already has an ample amount of coverage in that department) go see it.

Edited by Awepittance

There Will Be Blood - 7.5/10

I tend to watch some things without knowing beforehand what they're about, this being one. Not what I expected but I did enjoy it. Seemed a bit disjointed at parts and I couldn't stop thinking it would turn into some kind of cult film. Worth watching though.

Probably me being retarded but it finished late last night. Who was the man that came into the bowling alley at the end before "I've finished"?

sound of my voice 6.5/10 really enjoyable film about two jounalists investigating a cult. Too bad the lazy ending left one with a bad taste in the mouth.

shame 5/10 mildly satisfying, but rarely dares to be gritty and in depth enough about its subject matter (and to a certain degree its characters) to properly hit home.

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard
The Sound Of My Voice - LOL this movie was fucking weird man, it was interesting for a while but then realized it was just a waste of time. And that ending what the am i soppose to take from it, lol. kind of a wate of time/10

sound of my voice 6.5/10 really enjoyable film about two jounalists investigating a cult. Too bad the lazy ending left one with a bad taste in the mouth.

this is my favourite film of the year i think. the ending makes it more interesting to me. also they are planning a sequel

killing them softly - shit

That's disappointing. I'm hoping you're wrong!

I've heard really good and really bad things so I think it's a love or hate thing.

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

i curated a impromptu double feature, which worked pretty well together. both involved actors and madness. both on netflix instant.

sunset boulevard

first viewing. i now live just off sunset so thought this would be interesting. it wasn't interesting for that reason but it was....marvelous!

withnail & i

second viewing but after long break. I remembered it being funny but it was so much more. some absolutely classic lines

quick semi=related question, Ive been offered a free month re-subscription to netflix....anyone else take up on this? Are the X-Files still streaming? They damn well better be.

If anyone could PM me this information, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Edited by Smettingham Rutherford IV

quick semi=related question, Ive been offered a free month re-subscription to netflix....anyone else take up on this? Are the X-Files still streaming? They damn well better be.

If anyone could PM me this information, I'd greatly appreciate it.

X-Files is streaming via Amazon Prime, so I imagine Netflix still has it too.

Amazon prime is useful as fuck for me

Edited by baph

End of Watch - The intentions of the filmmakers were to manipulate the viewers into crying and you can pretty much see it all coming since scene one and it becomes evident by the last scene of the movie. I don't like this kind of filmmaking because it doesn't really care about the story or the movie, it cares more about manipulating the viewers emotions by trowing a generic script and generic characters. You feel manipulated in the end and not in a good way, and once the credits start rolling you realize the movie was shit and boring. 0/10

The Watch - 3/10 - Ben Stiller cashes another massive paycheck. Terrible film

Killer Joe 8.5/10 - Matthew Mcconaughey plays a very convincing psychopath. Highly recommended. Directed by the guy who did Exorcist and Bug.

Berberian Sound Studio - Probably my favorite film of the year. The ending left me with a feeling of blah (kind of like with the ending of Sound of my Voice) but i enjoyed the ride and the main character's transformation was extremely interesting and very well done. 10/10

PS - The women in this movie were extremely beautiful, a shallow observation i know but their beauty was much more classy and natural than the modern "hollywood movie star beauty', it was a breath of fresh air.

@ Jimmy. I'm glad to hear that. A sequel to Sound Of My Voice would be brilliant. I felt the film had so much going for it and suddenly it just fucking ends somewhere around halfway its potential length with so many loose ends.

about the end of Sound of my Voice:

no loose ends, the little girl is a plant to convince any nay sayers in the cult to believe that Maggie is really from the future. Hence the scenes where the little girl is being taken care of by an outside cult member and the cop knows that they use he as a way to convince potential members. The little girl is taught the hand shake and wanted to see Maggie, so she knew in advance who Maggie was.