Guest Mirezzi

to the wonder - easily one of the worst films ever made but Its so completely boring and useless you cant even think of much to say about it. guess you could say it looks like a 2 hour long perfume advert but the cinematography isnt even good enough for that, most of its just disorientating shaky cam type shit . guess it was meant to be poetic or something but really ahhahahahah its not. Sort of seemed like they knew they made a really bad movie so they cut it all up and talked over it just to finish the fuckin thing, then threw in at least 5 scenes of a french woman dancing around in a field just to tie things up. The only positive thing about this movie is that they somehow managed to make a movie starring ben affleck that only has ben affleck in it for less than 5 minutes. I can dig that. But other than that anyone who claims they liked anything about this movie is lying - 0.00000000 / 10

Where did you see it?

i'm talking more about his "performance" in interviews like this:

[youtubehd]gAK3aUq25fo[/youtubehd]

everything about him strikes me as fraudulent, like he's got something to prove to a producer or executive or daddy. i've always felt this away about jon favreau as well. they make big careerist moves and don't strike me as artists in any way.

Maybe it's the coke, but Tarantino seems like he's struggling to contain his contempt for some of the other directors here. With good reason, I suppose.

Guest Shit Attack

to the wonder - easily one of the worst films ever made but Its so completely boring and useless you cant even think of much to say about it. guess you could say it looks like a 2 hour long perfume advert but the cinematography isnt even good enough for that, most of its just disorientating shaky cam type shit . guess it was meant to be poetic or something but really ahhahahahah its not. Sort of seemed like they knew they made a really bad movie so they cut it all up and talked over it just to finish the fuckin thing, then threw in at least 5 scenes of a french woman dancing around in a field just to tie things up. The only positive thing about this movie is that they somehow managed to make a movie starring ben affleck that only has ben affleck in it for less than 5 minutes. I can dig that. But other than that anyone who claims they liked anything about this movie is lying - 0.00000000 / 10

Where did you see it?

at the cinema. it came out last week or the week before i think . did you see it ? i even thought the trailer looked ok but the movie was seriously bad, like when a comedy programme makes a parody of an art film . It does kind of stick in your mind in a weird way tho but man what a totally embarrasing piece of shit.

besides Ang Lee i don't think anyone is on QT's artistic level in that panel discussion. Ang Lee seems like a guy with actual humility thougj, QT seems like he's emotionally immature, like a child star who never quite aged like a normal human being. It's part of his charm though

Where did you see it?

at the cinema. it came out last week or the week before i think . did you see it ? i even thought the trailer looked ok but the movie was seriously bad, like when a comedy programme makes a parody of an art film . It does kind of stick in your mind in a weird way tho but man what a totally embarrasing piece of shit.

I can tell you're not a Malick fan...would you have known of his past work before going in to see it?

I saw it earlier today...kind'a liked it... definitely over-stays its welcome, but its not allllll that bad...can defo understand why people would dislike it... but yea, it is what it is, a Malick film, every frame has his watermark on it (usally in the form of a sun-flare)

Its sort of a poor'er second part to 'Tree of Life' with less action (dare i use that word) - carries on the same sort of vibe

but no, i thought it was 'nice' and i didn't leave disappointed, so yea...that's that.

the hobbit - 7/10 - it did manage to suck me in into its world and i found myself pausing to wiki some of the lore, but there were so many "oh ffs, hollywood" moments that brought the film down. basically i think it just needed more dwarf songs and more of those ridiculously comic actions scenes like the one in goblintown and less corny heroism and characterless baddies. and gollum easily stole the show again.

yeah I like Ang Lee a lot more after seeing him interviewed (hated him after Hulk and haven't yet seen Pi). But he comes across as a very soulful and cool dude. Loved his noshing on an in-n-out burger after the oscars, lol.

Guest Shit Attack

Where did you see it?

I can tell you're not a Malick fan...would you have known of his past work before going in to see it?

I saw it earlier today...kind'a liked it... definitely over-stays its welcome, but its not allllll that bad...can defo understand why people would dislike it... but yea, it is what it is, a Malick film, every frame has his watermark on it (usally in the form of a sun-flare)

Its sort of a poor'er second part to 'Tree of Life' with less action (dare i use that word) - carries on the same sort of vibe

but no, i thought it was 'nice' and i didn't leave disappointed, so yea...that's that.

I dont dislike malick only seen badlands + the new world and liked them both well enough . I dont think either of those films had much in common with his new shit tho, other than some of the nature photography type stuff ( been a long time since watching them). From what I remember both those films also had characters and dialogue and crazy stuff like that in them , it wasnt just constant voice over and jump cuts every 3 seconds, seriously what was up with the constant jumpy editing ? other than to cover up the fact that absolutely nothing interesting ever happened.

also If youre gonna have constant voice over at least let us know who we're listening to in order to care about what theyre saying. This movie just started and it was like BOOM french woman talking poetically about something or other , but why should i care if i dont know who they are ? even after watching it for 2 hours i still didnt know who they were, other than that they enjoy dancing around in fields and supermarkets for some reason . And the shit they were saying was like hallmark card type stuff. Then its Priest guy talking about jesus for a couple of minutes , then blonde chick who appears for 5 minutes only to be substituted for french chick again. Its almost like they use recognisable actors so that youll just accept the shit theyre saying, without actually having to know who theyre meant to be. altho I actually thought the shit with the priest was way more interesting than the main story, that could have been an interesting movie. but seriously this movie was so bad its kind of amazing they even released it, it was awful .

6nnLQPR.jpg

ben affleck goes to rescue a bunch of argumentative consolate workers in iran during a crisis under the pretex of being a film producer. nice use of shaky cam and medium wide close-up because this is intense you know?

6 out 10 hostages

Guest Shit Attack

what kind of music was there?

slow building lush orchestral shit for the maximum devestating emotional punch of course

the lord of the rings had rather trying musical accompanyment ... I don't imagine that Peter Jackson has somehow become less of a cheesewhizaphile ...

shame really... i'll still watch the hobbit for the cG cumshots and the like ..

They put Michael Haneke into the screenwriters 2012 round table.

Talk about being in the wrong room.

"SCHINDLER'S LIST is SCHLAGEN!"

I love when Haneke speaks about the tension build of the shower scene in Schindler's List and how gratuitous it was.

Guest Mirezzi

Thanks, Cody. I fast forwarded through every one of those useless idiots until Haneke was speaking. Jesus, what a shitshow of fucking non-talent.