ssnXNjN.jpg

the face on the cover is basically how these 2 spend the entire film. everyone keeps blaming it's failure and abysmal plot (and acting) on m night shamaylananananalyana'ya but the story was actually written by will smith- so focus your malice and criticism on him

0/10

What? No, The story was written by Gary Whitta and M Night Shallamalladingdong. It's quite funny... Gary Whitta was a regular on a podcast I used to listen to and during the production and post production of the film he would constantly talk about his upcoming film. After it was released he never mentioned it again.

But yeah, it was fucking terrible.

no. the story was written by will smith. the screenplay was written by whitta and shallamallaballahbomb

qrA7gD8.png

also check the video on this post where smith talks about writing the story

Ah, sorry about that! :)

only lovers left alive - really fucking stupid, two emo hipster vampires go on about how the world is fucked and reminisce about all the cool people they used to know+about 60 minutes of typical jarmusch nothingness.

Jim Jarmusch has picked two of the most righteous pious actors in the history of acting to star in the two lead roles of that film. Could'nt be arsed watching two actors performing or looking like religious deities for that amount of time.

Watched the Story of Yonosuke - at times can feel a bit Forrest Gump and made me cringe in the sentimentality of it all but done with a japanese slow offbeat biting description of turning into adulthood in late 80s Japan. Loved the samba, the lead character makes me want to adore food (which I do), he just eats and eats takes his time, exists then eats some more. Japanese directors like Akira Kurosawa fill their film with the consumptuon of food all the time. Really lets you concentrate on the character doesn't it?

NQvwbC9.jpg

engaging in unprotected sex with drug addicted hookers could result in hiv infection: tough and hard lesson to learn especially when you're a shit kicking yahoo like ron woodroof. lots of lifetime tv moments happen after that before an inevitable conclusion

fuckin Snowpiercer is terrible, and the Weinstein are trying to cut it for an American audience??? Good luck with that, the only cool part of the film is when they are looking out the window at all of the frozen land. Otherwise this is one of the worst films I have seen in a long time. 12 Monkeys on a Train and there is even a character named Gilliam in it, unfortunately played by John Hurt, for shame for shame......at least this makes Tideland look like an achievement in cinema. 4/10

220px-Stray_Cat_Rock-_Sex_Hunter_FilmPos

the girls from stray cat rock sex hunter are comprised of the gang 'the alleycats' whose typical m.o. is stealing (from perverts), general nuisance and cat fights; all acts regarded as incredibly humorous by the male gang 'eagles'. this movie is a slight mess, mostly because it favors exploring the political side of the gangs and their "interracial" relationships with japanese guys that (may or maynot) be black. great music though (that's where the rock part comes into effect)

3a4mKFa.jpg

plodding in at a snail speed is this cronenberg wannabe film about a scientist observing a girl. that's it. it takes both characters about 15 minutes to scratch their nostrils and about 10minutes to react to the itch. what's impressive is the art direction, music and sound design- which must've kept the entire crew busy while they waited for the actors to figure out what they were going to do after they had scratched that itch

Edited by Nebraska

fuckin Snowpiercer is terrible, and the Weinstein are trying to cut it for an American audience??? Good luck with that, the only cool part of the film is when they are looking out the window at all of the frozen land. Otherwise this is one of the worst films I have seen in a long time. 12 Monkeys on a Train and there is even a character named Gilliam in it, unfortunately played by John Hurt, for shame for shame......at least this makes Tideland look like an achievement in cinema. 4/10

12 Monkeys on a train... that's a really good description. I should add that to my description of Snowpiercer which goes like Hunger Games meets Charlie and the Chocolate Factory meets Under Siege 2

I enjoyed your comparison as well Squee, and Tideland does not deserve that amazing of a rating Hoggy.

Just got back from Noah and I really enjoyed it, the heavy handedness of it was a little annoying but the re imagining of the bible tales made the film for me. So much division will be caused by this film, just like most of his other films. BIG UP WATCHERS! 8/10

Noah - 8/10 Aronofsky pretty much delivered, he could have cut 30 min towards the end, and their clothes looked WAY too tailored for biblical times, looked like Waterworld costumes. Overall enjoyable and a fresh look at biblical mythology.

Lost in Translation - never seen it before, A+ movie. LoL @ Squarepusher track in the film too

I thought it was nice! good use of it imo.

yeah yeah the film had a good music selection throughout! I just laughed because I never imagined this Tommib track to be the soundtrack to a situation like the one from scene its used in!

This probably only makes sense to German people:

Stromberg: Der Film - This is the movie-version of the German "ripoff" of Ricky Gervais' The Office, the amazing thing is that it is superior to the original because it employed great actors to play more realistic characters, and Stromberg (the boss) is some kind of mix between Hitler and Larry David. Super hilarious show that I loved (I've seen The Office and I hate most German comedy, but this time they got it right), and the movie was pretty solid too. A little more over the top than the series, unrealistic, but the storyline was great and some scenes were brilliance, so it shall be forgiven.

buffalo 66

i feel like a dickhead for never watching this until now. a couple of dodgy bits but overall really gurd

9/10

The Aviator

Second viewing, just as enjoyable as the first, great performances, albeit a bit too long in places, it still manages to zip by and keep one entertained. Hughes is the ultimate character. Feels like it's underrated. DiCaprio's performance of a man losing his mind is pretty spot on.

Mammaries/10