Gravity - Bullock's acting and just the fact that it was her pissed me off for a good portion of the movie until i got used to it. In the main though, I did some skimming through the exposition and emotes and stuck to the action, this is probably what got me through it. no real reason to watch this film, especially if you don't like illogical bits some that defy physics and some logic, not to mention other stuff which i can't be bothered remembering but i'm sure that if i saw it again the tedious specifics would come to me/10

i did wonder where she ended up, my brother thought that it was africa cause of the landscape, which of course led to speculation about her getting all the way only to now have to fend of wild animals. Not to mention nasties that might have been in that water. We were also annoyed that a craft started to sink that would have been designed to land in a choppy sea.

The space feel made this movie for me, I thought it was really done well. I didn't like all the drama, but I kinda liked the experience as a whole.

i also liked the music very much

Watched Lost Highway a few days ago. Probably the best Lynch movie imho tbh idk. Or... It was good. Nice. Thick, solid, tight.

Yeah, Lost Highway and Mulholland Drive are definitely his two masterpieces. If someone was to ask me if I wanted to watch either of those two movies right now, I would do pull off my pants and scream, "YES!"

Gravity - Bullock's acting and just the fact that it was her pissed me off for a good portion of the movie until i got used to it. In the main though, I did some skimming through the exposition and emotes and stuck to the action, this is probably what got me through it. no real reason to watch this film, especially if you don't like illogical bits some that defy physics and some logic, not to mention other stuff which i can't be bothered remembering but i'm sure that if i saw it again the tedious specifics would come to me/10

i did wonder where she ended up, my brother thought that it was africa cause of the landscape, which of course led to speculation about her getting all the way only to now have to fend of wild animals. Not to mention nasties that might have been in that water. We were also annoyed that a craft started to sink that would have been designed to land in a choppy sea.

The space feel made this movie for me, I thought it was really done well. I didn't like all the drama, but I kinda liked the experience as a whole.

i also liked the music very much

I liked the space feel and the directing. The plot did nothing for me, but them space feels. omg.

I also agree completely with Squee's above post and would very much like to join him in the unpanting.

Edited by Gocab

Some of the drama was a little on the nose but Gravity was an oscar season Hollywood movie done correctly. Very correctly. Alfonso Cuaron is a wizard.

The space milf booty shorts factor increased watchability 10 fold I tells you

Watched Lost Highway a few days ago. Probably the best Lynch movie imho tbh idk. Or... It was good. Nice. Thick, solid, tight.

Yeah, Lost Highway and Mulholland Drive are definitely his two masterpieces. If someone was to ask me if I wanted to watch either of those two movies right now, I would do pull off my pants and scream, "YES!"

I love Wild at Heart

Having a nice movie marathon these two/three days:

Hunger Games 1 & 2 - Enjoyed this more then everybody around me. Don't get all the hype as well, but whatever, 8/10

Tron (1982) - turned it off after an hour, was really bored with it (first time watching it, shame but it's too smooth and outdated)/10

Vibrations (aka Cyberstorm) - Lol, watched this after I aborted Tron and I've watched this in one go, such a horrible cliché movie with guest appearance by Fierce Ruling Diva. Finally watched this because of the videoclip of Orgue Electronique's remix of Henry Saiz - Our Discovery.

In Bruges - I'd like to give this a high rating but I was annoyed as hell by Colin Farrel's performance. Besides that, great movie. Should I watch Seven Psychopaths now?

Moon - Too bad I've watched Oblivion before this one... should've been the other way around. Moon 8/10, Oblivion before seeing Moon 8/10, Oblivion after seeing Moon 6/10.

A Bronx Tale - OK 90's flick with some proper stereotypes all over the place.

Wolf Of Wall Street - Best movie I saw in the last year or so. 9/10

Now continuing with My Neighbour Totoro, some Tarkovsky movies, Logan's Run and trying to watch the Mad Max trilogy.

grizzly man. really interesting docco, probably one of my favourites based on how interesting the subject matter was alone. herzog's interjections were a source of a lot of comedy amongst my friends and I. he's just so sure about the world being this bleak, chaotic sphere where love is a trick the mind plays but he's still a great director who has a lot of interesting tricks up his sleeve.

oh' yes, another masterpiece by herzog. it is amazing some of the brutally honest moments that r brought to screen for this. i laughed ..i wept. rhubears r cute on the outside but not when yr on the inside

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

Hobbit - An Unexpected Journey

3 3 hour films? oh god. the songs! the awful cgi of dwarves running. did i mention the songs? james nesbitt looking like anthony kedis. tim from the office. lots of golem. was anyone asking for more golem? and the fucking hawks again. IF YOU ARE ON AN EPIC LONG JOURNEY AND CAN SUMMON GIANT HAWKS - WHY ARE YOU WALKING? if they flew it could be 1 film

Also why did benedict cumberbatch in the credits for smaug? smaug was barely seen (an eye only) and he didnt talk, so cumberbatch did what? opened his eye with motion capture balls on his face?

Edited by Jimmy McMessageboard

People like that cuntlybunch for some reason and would credit him for the warmth they derive from sitting on a seat after he has used it if they could find a way to. "oh my gawd he breathed in my direction, oh my gawd, cough cough and tears from the light headed joy derived from asphyxiation.

Think he done the voice for someone else too, the ghost of Sauron or some shit, one of the bad guy ghost things anyway. Was that in the first one?

Think he done the voice for someone else too, the ghost of Sauron or some shit, one of the bad guy ghost things anyway. Was that in the first one?

yep he voiced the necromancer. did he speak in the first one? probably

anyway last night I watched the next one:

Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug

Same crap different day. Actually this one was better, there were no songs for start and most of it was fun.

Yeah desolation was better. Still problems but no singing and fucking around was a plus. Love story not so plus. Steven Fry totally unfit for purpose. Really didn't like him in the role. Seemed just like steven fry being steven fry rather than acting the part that he was paid money to play, someone else would have been better. Got more used to martin freeman, but i still don't like his acting/him.

yep he voiced the necromancer. did he speak in the first one? probably

Yeah, he mumbled something that was played backwards.

Yeah desolation was better. Still problems but no singing and fucking around was a plus. Love story not so plus. Steven Fry totally unfit for purpose. Really didn't like him in the role. Seemed just like steven fry being steven fry rather than acting the part that he was paid money to play, someone else would have been better. Got more used to martin freeman, but i still don't like his acting/him.

i liked stephen fry. I thought the guy that voiced the goblin king was completely wrong though.

Enemy

2nd Viewing, starting to look at background set design and subtle stuff I didn't look at the first time. I think this film is a masterpiece.

Hunger Games: Catching Fire ----- 7.3/10

I like sequels where it follows on from where the last one left off so i was happy with the crossover here. I like Hunger Games but i still have the feeling it's too close to the Battle Royale format, but thats the books problem. Very good movie which engages and gets you involved with the non-lead actors. No more lead actors in films pls.