watmm will keep the fire for zaphod

:loggins:

Edit:

Has anyone actually seen Inherent Vice yet? Was playing a month or so ago in LA, but I was required to exhaust my semi annual theatrical quota (of one) on Interstellar.

I am complicit.

Watched Inherent Vice last night. Really liked it (torrent crew), but it could do with an edit down to 2hrs-ish. Some great literary characters are done full cinematic justice.....partcularly the scenes with Sportello & Bigfoot....J Phoenix could've gone OTT with Sportello, but imho he fuckin nails it. I thought The Master & There WIll Be Blood were sooooo fuckin over-rated, but this is a much much better piece of work. If Anderson did Pychon's Vineland,,,,,,now that'd be rrrrrockin.

You and the night. 8/10

Tom at the farm. 7/10

Bob Le flambeur. 8/10

Leon Morin priest. 10/10

Have you seen Le Cercle Rouge or The Army of Shadows? Granted Melville's a bit more crash-bang-wallop, but Le Cercle Rouge is one of the best French films of all time.

spoilers ahead.

you liked it eugene? i really do wonder how...

i mean, manipulative unrealistic piece of shit no?

manipulative how?

unrealistic - i don't think so, this drive for perfection exists. and if the school and the teacher had such reputation - the students would bear with it. i think it's also based on director's own experiences.

the only criticism i have is that it goes a bit overboard with the editing at some points.

Edited by eugene

i was just having a go at you eugene ¯\(シ)/¯

manipulative unrealistic like the movie about the guy on the boat lost in the sea, people who wrote it never drove a boat... things like that... but on Whiplash it's all done in the name of fun while in the former it's all for cries...

Edited by THIS IS MICHAEL JACKSON

80000.200.jpg

great documentary about poliziotteschi. basically: a bunch of talking heads telling you how great their life was in the 70s and you realizing you'll never have such a good time because things suck now and movies are crap

Rec 3 - A right old load of hairy ball hang, the closest I have come since Gozu where I felt the director was taking the piss. 0.34234 out of 5.

lol, they really were down about the beat. edit, not trying to redeem this film in any way. I will avoid it's bollocks.

I wonder if the fictional conservatory being called shaffer conservatory was a nod to paul shaffer, renowned terrible musician of the late show fame. I wonder if they realise how apt their choice of name had been in the context of their picture.

American Sniper - THE most 1-sided account of war i've ever seen, shame on you Clint

Inherent Vice - 9/10......& i was stoned thru most of it for added chutzpah. Anderson's best film by quite some margin. Did i already write that?

American Sniper - THE most 1-sided account of war i've ever seen, shame on you Clint

Inherent Vice - 9/10......& i was stoned thru most of it for added chutzpah. Anderson's best film by quite some margin. Did i already write that?

Ooh er, someones been torrenting.

fuckin right, BT Infinity doing its job.....and thanks to torrents i've seen films that would never have crossed my radar otherwise

adding to that, the freakyflicks forum is an outstanding source for obscure, quality filems & criterion re-releases

torrrenting screeners... :facepalm:

:catfallen:

if you plan on watching stuff on your pc they do the job sufficiently b4 any b-ray releases get out.....for higher-def special fx-laden stuff less so

and FUCK dropping £10 on cinema entry PLUS drinks/munch (another tenner) when i've paid through the nose for records/cd's/dvd's down thru the years

if you plan on watching stuff on your pc they do the job sufficiently b4 any b-ray releases get out.....for higher-def special fx-laden stuff less so

and FUCK dropping £10 on cinema entry PLUS drinks/munch (another tenner) when i've paid through the nose for records/cd's/dvd's down thru the years

ohnoes, no screeners, no dvd rips, they don't do the job for me... maybe some comedy and drama movies with forgettable cinematography... and yes i watch on the pc, plugged with an hdmi cable to a 22" screen... what indeed does the job while bluray isn't out are WEB-DL's... i wait till bluray and if it doesn't have bluray edition i look for dvd iso format...

but yes fuck dropping money for watching movies in the theater...

Edited by THIS IS MICHAEL JACKSON