nah, I think you're readin too much into it. Or maybey I'm not readin enough into it?

Anyway, equipped with the correct (not mile high) expectations, I can't see why one would not be adeqautely entertained in a cosy non comittal fashion by rogen's antics in the same way you'd enjoy leslie nielsen or cheve chase etc. across your screen

also, individuals attempting to decipher what i meant was part of the gag of the last post, given that it was just a really odd word. Of course by this post i'm saving you the trouble or embarrassment, so perhaps you should at least praise me for that /looks at stress fear Mt. Gox.

equating rogan to nielsen you obviously realise not only invalidates your point, but puts you on a watch list amongst the keep reality beautiful community.

That's a late contender for post of the year. *wipes away tear from japs eye*

someone help me identify a movie, pls.

what I can remember:

- it was vampire-themed. I believe it involved a Dracula-esque figure but it didn't play like the original Bram Stoker story.

- it was non-English, or at the very least involved non-English speaking

- there was a striking scene in which a vampire, possibly Drac, crawls out of a window and spidermans his way down the wall. I remember it being a tall rectangular parapet or something high above the ground, and iirc one of the other characters witnessed this from a higher-up window. there was snow, it might have been during a snowstorm. something was billowing, either Drac's cape or a drapery or something on the parapet.

- there was a scene in a village outside/near the castle in which Drac lived. a group of travelers were warned against going onwards to the castle. they were inside a farmhouse or something discussing this at a table. something bad happened suddenly, like someone freaking out.

- there was a scene in which a neurotic couple indulged in perverse amorous relations in the snow

- this movie could not have been very old, not older than the 90s I think

I saw this 10+ years ago during an SBS special run on vampire/Dracula movies. it was during this time that I also first saw Herzog's Nosferatu, which I also found very striking stylistically and which I had later identified and acquired. but this other one has been eluding me. it's possible that I may be remembering several movies mashed together, but I don't think so.

that did cross my mind and there's a slight draw towards attempting it again. it did seem like a pisstake of early 90s hollywood

that comes even more obvious when you watch the end of the movie.

This made me chuckle:

Before any actors came on board it was just Flynn and her husband, reading the script to each other. "And I'd be like, I think that sounds awful, but I don't know if that is because we're such awful actors."

http://www.theguardian.com/books/2014/oct/03/gone-girl-phenomenon-gillian-flynn

welp i finally popped my high frame rate cherry with hobbit 3: war of five hours. what a fucking abomination. movie would've been horrible to begin with but the hfr shit was just sooooo bad.

soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo very bad

jMuYM6h.jpg

documentary about nas' illmatic album. tbh, i really enjoyed the history of nas' parents (how they met etc and that nas' father played trumpet on one of the album songs) and about queensbridge projects. the rest seemed like they were reaching a lil' bit and could've been over in just a few minutes, but of course we gotta get into how they're teaching a hiphop class @ havard and part of the course is studying illmatic...

the-texas-chainsaw-massacre-movie-poster

my girlfriend had never watched this so decided to indulge her. still holds up remarkably well as a classic date-night film

documentary about nas' illmatic album. tbh, i really enjoyed the history of nas' parents (how they met etc and that nas' father played trumpet on one of the album songs) and about queensbridge projects. the rest seemed like they were reaching a lil' bit and could've been over in just a few minutes, but of course we gotta get into how they're teaching a hiphop class @ havard and part of the course is studying illmatic...

there should be a class dedicated entirely to studying method man's solo track on 36 chambers

Edited by jellyrajah

The look of the Hobbit movies is weird. So much glow and bloom. And the CGi is all over the fucking place. Every now and then it looks really terrible and then there are scenes that look gorgeous.

Anyway, I watched the new one and it was ok.

7/10

A field in England - 10/10

how come everyone on watmm seems to love this but everytime i check imdb/RT the rating's gone down? does it have an IdMz soundtrack or something? it looks sort of interesting but i dunno.

Edited by data

A field in England - 10/10

how come everyone on watmm seems to love this but everytime i check imdb/RT the rating's gone down? does it have an IdMz soundtrack or something? it looks sort of interesting but i dunno.

yes, it's an aphex snare rush in video!