lol live action Marvel movies, now that's something I give an UNWATCHABLE label

looking forward to this one though:

Ant-Man_film_Comic-Con_logo_2012.jpg

trololol

Edited by vincentvc

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

i like the fact that it just went for it. no half hearted attempt at a scott pilgrim film. loved the comics too so maybe that helped. comics were better but film didnt piss on it

good to see some people not hating on Scott Pilgrim, I thought it was amusing as well and a good visual translation of a comic

there's (way) worse movies to hate on.. :)

Not seen Scott Pilgrim yet.

HOWEVER, that Iron Man 3 trailer looks brill, though I regret watching it. I was a bit meh after Iron Man 2, despite loving Iron Man 1 and Avengers. Fucking trailers though man, it's just Spoilerville Tennessee.

Not seen any Skyfall trailers though and looking forward to that shit!

OBEL OUT

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

i didnt give a shit for skyfall till i saw the trailer. then i wanted to watch it instead of whatever i had gone to the cinema to see.

Cabaret - 8/10

i always get a surreal feeling when i see what an actor/actress looked like in their prime. Liza Minnelli was a pretty hot piece in this film, much to my surprise. The main guy from Logan's run did an OK job in this, he just seems mostly flat. The whole bisexual angle was a nice twist to see in a pre-nazi era film about Germany, but i guess that probably came from the musical/book too. The only thing i didn't understand about it was some of the historical anachronisms, where they had Hitler youth looking children with Nazi arm bands in 1931. I don't think this is historically accurate, from what i understand it was a much more slow climb into things like the hitler youth and nazis donning nazi uniforms in the streets. I could be wrong though, just an observation

Guest Frankie5fingers

iron man 2 sucked balls. the first one was all right and enjoyable (despite the flaws with canon, but i understood that) and it had The Dude! but 2 was like a slap in the face. especially with the fact that they just decided to switch out Terrance for Cheadle. like, what the fuck was that about? did they just think people wouldn't notice? and the whole 2 Iron Man, or 2 Iron Men...or...whatever, fight was stupid. all it was was look at this cool CGI. a child could have written a better movie. its really a shame too cause 2 had a great bad guy, but barely showed him off.

and 3 looks stupid too. "wow, theres another iron man!?" its the same as in 1 and 2. the big enemy Iron man faces at the end is himself.

Edited by Frankie5fingers

I think Marvel is wasting a huge opportunity here by not just doing buddy movies with other people from the Avengers until the next Avengers movie. I mean why the fuck not have Iron Man team up with Hulk at some point of Thor and Hulk go out on a spaceship, i mean throw reality out the window.

Guest Frankie5fingers

I think Marvel is wasting a huge opportunity here by not just doing buddy movies with other people from the Avengers until the next Avengers movie. I mean why the fuck not have Iron Man team up with Hulk at some point of Thor and Hulk go out on a spaceship, i mean throw reality out the window.

that i would like to see. HULK IN SPACE SPACE SPACE SPACE! lol Edited by Frankie5fingers

2 was like a slap in the face. especially with the fact that they just decided to switch out Terrance for Cheadle.

Terrence Howard was apparantly a little bitch and wanted a huge raise in order to be in the sequel. Favreau said no.

Guest Frankie5fingers

2 was like a slap in the face. especially with the fact that they just decided to switch out Terrance for Cheadle.

Terrence Howard was apparantly a little bitch and wanted a huge raise in order to be in the sequel. Favreau said no.

killing him off would have been more acceptable then just pretending like it didn't happen.

even though i thought both Iron Man movies sort of sucked, i liked how they dealt with the change of actor in part two where he wants into the court room and you only see him from the back and says to Tony Stark "yes it's me, i'm here" and the camera pans around and you see it's don cheadle

Guest Frankie5fingers

even though i thought both Iron Man movies sort of sucked, i liked how they dealt with the change of actor in part two where he wants into the court room and you only see him from the back and says to Tony Stark "yes it's me, i'm here" and the camera pans around and you see it's don cheadle

i guess, but still it was a little startling. honestly though they should have picked cheadle at the very start. hes a better actor.

I did enjoy watching Scott Pilgrim with my sis at the time but the whole video game aspect of Scott Pilgrim has been done better (i.e. less retarded) elsewhere imo. I'm thinking of that one Community episode with Giancarlo Esposito...

I'm just going to be disgusting with salsa and say that I spent most of Scott Pilgrim trying not to let Brie Larson give me a raging one, and I failed, because Brie Larson always gives me a raging one.

And she sang that Metric song better than Metric.

I am a creepy old man.

scott pilgrim was filled with hotties. it was kinda awesome

esp that asian chick, these days I've got yellow fever pretty bad, need to get some tips from the lump-master himself!

Edited by dr lopez

Just saw Evil Dead 1981 after seeing the 2013 trailer for the remake they are doing of it.

Not bad considering its time period. Really looking forward to the remake now.

The overgrown kid aesthetic was not a positive. I just have a thing for Brie. I honestly feel creepy about it.

I'm way too old for that shit. She just charms the pants off of me oh so literally.

Guest Frankie5fingers

he'll forever be George Michael to me.

same. i don't think there was anything that i liked him in other than Arrested Development. he can be funny sometimes but hes just not believable in these movies hes been doing.