Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

The Lost World - Jurassic Park 2

Heard it was better than original but it was a poor rehashing of the same story. The pacing was terrible too. there was what felt like an ending when they left the island, but it felt too early to be the ending and then there was the godzilla bit at the end and by that point i didnt really care what happened. and the fact that they totally ignored the fact that someone had eaten the ship crew but obv it couldnt have been trex so...? I still think jeff goldblum is brilliant, but lost soem respect for him over his decision to return to this francise.

oh and the gymnastics part! i liked that bit

Edited by Jimmy McMessageboard

Total recall 2012 6/10

Nice to watch the cool visuals, but a very hollow story line. At least in the original it had purpose as to the ending where he saved the entire planet of Mars. This new one, something just blew up... Great.

The Lost World - Jurassic Park 2

Heard it was better than original but it was a poor rehashing of the same story. The pacing was terrible too. there was what felt like an ending when they left the island, but it felt too early to be the ending and then there was the godzilla bit at the end and by that point i didnt really care what happened. and the fact that they totally ignored the fact that someone had eaten the ship crew but obv it couldnt have been trex so...? I still think jeff goldblum is brilliant, but lost soem respect for him over his decision to return to this francise.

oh and the gymnastics part! i liked that bit

one of the strangest things for me about Lost World is that Goldblum is the main character returning from part 1 except his rapid fire style of talking and strange personality has totally evaporated with no explanation. It's like he's all the sudden the normal guy or protagonist we're supposed to relate to. It feels so odd to me. We're they trying to say the events in Jurassic Park shell shocked him into having a totally different affect and personality or did they just want us to forget what his character was like in part 1?

Edited by Awepittance

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

having a black daughter confused him into submission

love the av tauboo. still my favorite movie.

The Cabin in the Woods - ~7, saw it as halloween movie with some friends. i had no expectations at all, i knew it was hyped at the time it came out but i didn't know why. hilarious moments in an alternate reality kinda thing, do note i was hella baked. fun times.

berberian sound studio 7

le voie lactee 7.5

hired hand 8

the offence 7

deadly affair 7.5

aurinkotuuli 6

ruusujen aika 7

Edited by tidbit

V/H/S - Very stupid The last segment directed by someone called radio silence was entertaining enough, but the rest of the films are some of the worst shit I've ever had the displeasure of watching, and is definitely worth skipping if you're ever tempted to watch this. 2/10.

short circuit (1986) - still love it easy 7

psychomania (1971) - visuals 10/10, script and acting - wtf dudes

the comedy - maybe if i didn't love tim&eric so much i wouldn't have liked this but it was pretty ok

drugstore cowboy - 7/10

artur christmas - 7/10

the amazing spiderman - best super hero costume ever!!! movie was ok 7/10

dark horse - twas ok i guess...

savages - what a pile of senseless crap - 6,8/10

universal soldier day of reckoing - lol oh yes i did it, wasn't disappointed at all, nice violence 6,5/10

excision - kept me entertained, mtv gore, pointless nonetheless... 6/10

a cat in paris - meh, forgettable... 5,5/10

a fantastic fear of everything - bleh...

the watch - pretty lame...

stolen - lol action movies...

girl walks into a bar - lol facepalm

cockneys vs zombies - turn it off after 30m...

th e day - goddamn shitty film director wanna be...

Edited by THIS IS MICHAEL JACKSON

the watch - hands down one of the worst movies of the year. amazingly miscast (when exctly did jonah hill turned into repo man era emilio estevez? why is the geek from it crowd here? since when is vince vaugh funny? why is ben stiller stil in the movie business?), unfunny and boring. and with plotholes so obvious you'd wonder if anyone even saw the movie before they released it. and it cost 68 million dollars.

YUhyE.jpg

not exactly a film; more a "how to" guide to beating home video games on the atari vcs, atari 5200, colecovision and vectrex console systems and narrated by lunkhead ginger philip m. wiswell (america's foremost video game expert). the ost is made up of sounds that would've turned early warp releases into liquid

wI3q7.jpg

vinyan2b.jpg

Vinyan

This movie has amazing apocalypse now-esque sets filmed in the jungles of thailand and burma. Loved the overall tone and thought the actors did a fairly decent job. Unfortunately the second half of the movie descended into a cliched lord of the files wankfest...

coulda been great/10

Angels & Demons: I really like the movie, despite it being totally incoherent with real scientific facts and shit and blah... One of my personal favorites, totally superior to The DaVinci Code 9/10

Angels & Demons: I really like the movie, despite it being totally incoherent with real scientific facts and shit and blah... One of my personal favorites, totally superior to The DaVinci Code 9/10

lol