6 hours ago, iococoi said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Had to put in a spoiler tag. Don't want to reveal anything about this movie

7 hours ago, Danny O Flannagin said:

Agreed, that movie fucking rocks

giphy.gif

I'm finishing up my "spooktober" here pretty soon, one movie every day this month. This year these have all been first watches for me. Here the list so far:

Halloween 3: Season of the Witch

The Stepfather (1987)

The Frighteners

What Lies Beneath

Maniac Cop

Return of the Living Dead 3

Tower of Terror (the Disney one with Kirsten Dunst)

Hocus Pocus 2

The Glass House

Idle Hands

976-EVIL

The Mist

Urban Legends: Final Cut

Tales From The Darkside: The Movie

Curtains

Practical Magic

Stephen King's The Shining (the 90s miniseries)

The Video Dead

TerrorVision

My Bloody Valentine (1981)

The Brain

Crawl

The Craft

Ticks

Possessor

The Curve (also known to some as Dead Man's Curve)

Barbarian

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YELLOW said:

I'm finishing up my "spooktober" here pretty soon, one movie every day this month. This year these have all been first watches for me. Here the list so far:

The Stepfather (1987)

Maniac Cop

The Video Dead

Crawl

The Craft

approved!

51ORe7xBI2L._SY445_.jpg

this film is teetering on mentally insane levels of absurdity if it wasn't so adolescent in it's juvenile humor. very reminiscent of black wave films from (the former) yugoslavia but without the political subtext and plenty of "yip tease" for your soul. out of ten

Edited by Nebraska

18 hours ago, YELLOW said:

Halloween 3: Season of the Witch

The Stepfather (1987)

The Frighteners

What Lies Beneath

Maniac Cop

Return of the Living Dead 3

Tower of Terror (the Disney one with Kirsten Dunst)

Hocus Pocus 2

The Glass House

Idle Hands

976-EVIL

The Mist

Urban Legends: Final Cut

Tales From The Darkside: The Movie

Curtains

Practical Magic

Stephen King's The Shining (the 90s miniseries)

The Video Dead

TerrorVision

My Bloody Valentine (1981)

The Brain

Crawl

The Craft

Ticks

Possessor

The Curve (also known to some as Dead Man's Curve)

Barbarian

Halloween 3 is best Halloween ? 

7 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

watching this tonight

Memories_1995_poster.png

loved this (especially the 2nd memory) out of ten

Memories is great! The second one is the one with the guy who picks up the wrong chemical, right?

On 10/25/2022 at 1:37 PM, Squee said:

Barbarian - yes!!!/10

@Nebraska you might like it. Don’t read ANYTHING about it. 

watched it last night after not reading ANYTHING about it and enjoyed it out of ten

Spoiler

at first i thought it was going to be a serious horror and not b-movie-esque. i didn't buy how an airbnb was in such a hood in the D (when that girl to her meeting and tells another person where she's staying that person answers "you've got to be kidding!". i didn't like how writer didn't address that. or how that "house" was untouched whilst everything around was a trap bando

the low hangers on that crazy woman could be attributed to meth addiction which was my own personal take on the situation- especially considering the milk fetish

1 hour ago, Nebraska said:

watched it last night after not reading ANYTHING about it and enjoyed it out of ten

Hide contents

at first i thought it was going to be a serious horror and not b-movie-esque. i didn't buy how an airbnb was in such a hood in the D (when that girl to her meeting and tells another person where she's staying that person answers "you've got to be kidding!". i didn't like how writer didn't address that. or how that "house" was untouched whilst everything around was a trap bando

the low hangers on that crazy woman could be attributed to meth addiction which was my own personal take on the situation- especially considering the milk fetish

Spoiler

Same here. I thought I knew what it was about after 10 minutes but that she would end being the fucked up one... and then it turned into total schlock. Beautiful schlock! The cineatography was way better than it had any right to be.

And this shot... LOVED IT!

Spoiler

1039630978_Screenshot2022-11-01at18_57_02.png

@Squee

Spoiler

yes. cinematography and camera work overall was really good. that's what made me think it was going to be serious. ending shot (with the credit sequence) was my favorite shot, but the scene you picked was my wife's. she also - for some reason- likes that skarsgård brother. i don't. immediately we started this and she saw him she was like "oh great, skarsgård is in this". inside my soul i'm screaming "fuck this guy". nothing personal to skarsgård either. just me having issues i guess. plus he wrecked pretty quick after his freak-out sleeping ?

Edited by Nebraska