Triangle of sadness. Excellent Comedy, about how all humans suck basically. 

Being There; 70's Peter Sellers. Kind of a proto forest Gump idea. Not as amped up as it would be if made today. 

I was mostly curious as Ive been reading about Seller's and what an awful human being he was.  Plus I got a great MKV player that will play anything you throw at it. Great box.

NEUMI ATOM 4K with a great SD card is amazing. 

Edited by marf
  • Like 1
  • Burger 1

The Peter Sellers story is insane. He disowned his son at 7 for saying he liked mummy more. Asked the child to stop using the surname sellers. Wrote all of his children out of his will. He had people spy on his wives on film sets. His last wife drank herself to do death after getting married to a heart surgeon, and divorcing but insisted on being called Mrs Sellers in her final days. (ripe age of 39) None of his biological children got his money. And they suffered. His last wife's daughter from another father got it all. 

Seller's was going to change that will but died of heart failure too soon. His biological son died 26 years later to the day of the same heart issue. He had a tough life. Seller's suffered from a horrible father but a doting mother. So, Some weird combo there created a horrible narcissist. 

It's always confounded me why people can be so cruel to their children. Witnessing it first hand in my own family. Just don't get it. 

Edited by marf
  • Like 2

Knives Out - Glass Onion

Feel-good mystery that doesn't leave room for a any questions. But it was highly entertaining and it kept you guessing what was going on.

Absolutely fine!

• Like 4

MV5BY2IxOTZkNGQtYmUxOC00NmRlLThjYmItNjg0

full title of this is crocodile jones: the son of indiana dundee and (i'm sure) it's a parody in tagalog with no subs. according to this film, young indiana dundee begins his life as a baker. and the 'temple of doom' rip off sequence takes place in the desert. not an indian castle in the jungle. not sure why but i appreciated the changes. the filmmakers also went on to make sheman: mistress of the universe (haven't watched that). that looks crazy imo

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Burger 1

Went to a movie theatre for the third time in the past 3 years-ish (had a very rushed date night - 2nd date in 3 years as well - and had the MIL watch the baby) and saw The Menu. 
spacer.png

My wife picked it out and neither of us had heard anything about it prior to seeing it. I liked it. Fun date movie for sure. It was a satirical dark comedy / thriller that somehow borders on slasher territory. All of the performances were fantastic. I normally don’t care for Anya TJ but this is one of the first things I’ve seen where she does more than stare blankly and pucker. Fines is phenomenal as usual (as is Nick Hoult) although at times he seems to be recycling his character from red dragon,  which isn’t exactly a bad thing. There are a few big logical leaps the audience has to make to stay with the story and the whole narrative falls short of what it sets out to achieve but it’s all salvaged by the performances. Definitely has a healthy serving of social commentary and some clever jabs at the 1% and snobbish foodie culture. The script would also make a very fun stage play, for what it’s worth. 

Overall a fun flick / 10

… and to my relief, our baby survived the afternoon with the MIL.

Edited by J3FF3R00
  • Like 1

watched "Come and See" yesterday. wtf. i knew kinda what to expect since i had some briefing about that special german unit made up of psychopaths released form prisons who were murderers, rapist, pedos etc.. but it's something else to see it portrayed in this way.. it's a bit surreal and disorienting.  tells a part of the tale of SS units that burned 628 villages (and their inhabitants) in what is now belarus. if memory serves, this ss unit is also one of the units that shot jews by the thousands before the nazi's started killing them w/gas etc. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bro.

Bro.Bro.  Bro. Bro.

Bro.Bro.

Bro.Bro.Bro.Bro.

Bro.

Bro. Bro. Bro. Bro. Bro. Bro. Bro. Bro.

Jesus fucking Christ.

Also, god damn that white naked boy with dreads was annoying.

• Haha 1

On 12/31/2022 at 7:48 AM, J3FF3R00 said:

Went to a movie theatre for the third time in the past 3 years-ish (had a very rushed date night - 2nd date in 3 years as well - and had the MIL watch the baby) and saw The Menu. 
spacer.png

My wife picked it out and neither of us had heard anything about it prior to seeing it. I liked it. Fun date movie for sure. It was a satirical dark comedy / thriller that somehow borders on slasher territory. All of the performances were fantastic. I normally don’t care for Anya TJ but this is one of the first things I’ve seen where she does more than stare blankly and pucker. Fines is phenomenal as usual (as is Nick Hoult) although at times he seems to be recycling his character from red dragon,  which isn’t exactly a bad thing. There are a few big logical leaps the audience has to make to stay with the story and the whole narrative falls short of what it sets out to achieve but it’s all salvaged by the performances. Definitely has a healthy serving of social commentary and some clever jabs at the 1% and snobbish foodie culture. The script would also make a very fun stage play, for what it’s worth. 

Overall a fun flick / 10

… and to my relief, our baby survived the afternoon with the MIL.

All I kept thinking was “this should have starred Tucci”

803932D4-78A7-40E1-BB30-CA04C13A2717.webp

• Big Brain 1

26 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

New 4K Criterion edition , but you need a UHD player, who even bought those, and where’s the 4K transfer of Brazil? 

19366218-FECB-4FB3-AE21-476698C635B8.jpeg

the 3 movie boxset that contains this movie that looks extremely awesome and I have not even heard of it until now: 

Three Fantastic Journeys by Karel Zeman

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, o00o said:

the 3 movie boxset that contains this movie that looks extremely awesome and I have not even heard of it until now: 

Three Fantastic Journeys by Karel Zeman

Criterion must be run by Boomers, because they are totally stuck in the past. Their digital releases are anemic, no Videodrome, Naked Lunch, WALL•E, or any Terry Gilliam releases in 4K. 

1 hour ago, Rubin Farr said:

New 4K Criterion edition , but you need a UHD player, who even bought those, and where’s the 4K transfer of Brazil? 

19366218-FECB-4FB3-AE21-476698C635B8.jpeg

Couldn't you watch this on an xbox or a ps5?

Started watching Black Phone on the plane but was way through when we landed. Entertaining, disturbing, definitely not high art. Still, the main kids in it definitely carry the film and are good enough to have me want to continue watching. Surprised to see Ethan Hawke in such a disturbing character role. I can’t imagine being an actor and grounding that kinda thing. 

2 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

do those consoles have Criterion releases in 4K?

UHD players!

• Thanks 1

First watch tonight for this one. It remains kinda obscure despite the names attached to it, but it’s on HBO right now. The “trivia” says that Aphex played at the party scene at the end, how true do we think that is…

• Like 3
  • Farnsworth 1