IGNORED

Post Your Most Recent Artwork

Joyrex

• 2 weeks later...

Somehow in the midst of moving recently I managed to produce something I like.

Dropping The Subterranean Bi-folding Laundry Door On The Glass Picture Frame That Is Your Third Eye.

spacer.png

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://gallery.bridgesmathart.org/exhibitions/2022-bridges-conference

I had an origami piece in my first juried art exhibition, the Bridges mathematical art conference which was in Helsinki last week. I wasn't able to attend in-person though; hopefully next year it will be closer to home.

• Like 3

heh.thumb.jpg.9ee658dfb2c3d575ad04cc1c374cd9d5.jpg

for this one i had a piece of masonite that size and i decided i wanted to do a poster of this digital image but i didn't want to cut the sheet of mdf so i just repeated the image going down. i slapped a little paint on it here and there, put up some wood supports on the back, and there's an angled bit of wood support on the top so it can hang on any screw in the wall. the original photo is some art handlers holding an old famous artists work and i thought the original was already overboard with all the masks, gloves, handlers, ornate frame, and so i thought what if i made them look ridiculous by putting in the dogs playing poker rotated the wrong way like they are so concerned with safety and stuff that they may not even have the energy to see if the painting is right side up. there's a crack in the poster so i put some gold spraypaint in it. so maybe i could say it's an artwork about art rather than an artwork itself. the original digital collage has been run through some smoothing that makes it look weird if you look close.

Edited by rek
  • Like 1
  • Big Brain 1

4 hours ago, bronchuseven said:

http://gallery.bridgesmathart.org/exhibitions/2022-bridges-conference

I had an origami piece in my first juried art exhibition, the Bridges mathematical art conference which was in Helsinki last week. I wasn't able to attend in-person though; hopefully next year it will be closer to home.

that's awesome!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, prdctvsm said:

yes

I just started out drawing a few months ago. And something that confuses me about drawing from life is, do you move your head or only your eyes when drawing a picture?  When i look at something i want to draw i dont know where to stop or start the frame if you know what i mean. Should i just ignore the stuff in the corner of my eyes and step back and take in a bigger picture if i want to include it?

Edited by Wunderbar

9 minutes ago, Wunderbar said:

do you move your head or only your eyes when drawing a picture? 

move what you have to

10 minutes ago, Wunderbar said:

i dont know where to stop or start the frame

every drawing is an estimation, so let the dimension/confines of yr sketchpad/device help you compose the picture. images have definable edges & are still - but reality continues, moves.

12 minutes ago, Wunderbar said:

Should i just ignore the stuff in the corner of my eyes and step back and take in a bigger picture if i want to include it?

it's up to u; try out both including & excluding peripherals to see if they work in making a picture. find yr own expression through trying out different approaches. learn from yr mistakes so that u can incorporate, choreograph them - so they're no longer mistakes

• Like 2