IGNORED

Warp just posted this on Facebook....

futureimage

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can play this stream in VLC, can't you?

rtmp://edge02.mixlr.com:443/live/production/5454ee19250fdd72657eb56da1ddf3b2

I'm no expert but it seems to me that recording through a soundcard is always lossy?

Why would it be lossy?

In VLC it just won't open. No idea why,

Your input can't be opened:

VLC is unable to open the MRL

Doesn't matter, you record!;D

The problem is that those will always get the lossless audio output from the system or software. It will have to save it as lossless or it'll have to transcode it back with a drop in quality. 8 hour FLAC files are a pain to distribute. If you dump it straight from the stream you're effectively just writing the bits to the files exactly as they are broadcasted.

I'm not sure why your VLC is not able to play that stream. Maybe a firewall problem or an outdated VLC?

This seems to work as well:

http://www.streamtransport.com/

It looks a bit silly so not sure if this is stable enough to record an 8 hour long stream.

Guest RandySicko

LOl at people being disappointed it isn't more music when 2 hours of new music just came out.

lol at people being excited over a supposed 18 hours of old music.

Would rather of had a tour announcement.

LOl at people being disappointed it isn't more music when 2 hours of new music just came out.

A tour would be cooler sure, but I feel like this board get so entitled sometimes. I mean, shit, we just got arguably the best Ae record in a decade, a DOUBLE album no less, and people are pissed about getting hours of insight into their favorite group's influences instead of an EP or tour?

Sure I'd love an EP and tour too, but let's be thankful for what we have and not get greedy. Just think about AFX and BOC fans, we're fucking LUCKY! We picked the right act to follow, that after 22 years has released a tremendous body of solid work. I'll admit I've only been an Ae fan for 12 years, not since the beginning, but I'm happy to appreciate what I have. More than most groups can deliver, a lot more.

Guest RandySicko

I know it comes off as bitter and ungrateful, but I just never got radio broadcast marathons - however integral to the ae substratum they are claimed to be. I mean.. I love the music these guys make, I just don't love them enough to want to listen to almost a full days worth of the music they love in one sitting.

With all this facebook and sticker crap, it just seems really cheesy too. If it were something like their disengage shows, that would be something to be excited about because they felt like they had more purpose than just a selling strategy or whatever.

Just my opinion though.. I am envious of the people who enjoy these things and wish I could too.

The problem is that those will always get the lossless audio output from the system or software. It will have to save it as lossless or it'll have to transcode it back with a drop in quality. 8 hour FLAC files are a pain to distribute. If you dump it straight from the stream you're effectively just writing the bits to the files exactly as they are broadcasted.

I'm not sure why your VLC is not able to play that stream. Maybe a firewall problem or an outdated VLC?

This seems to work as well:

http://www.streamtransport.com/

It looks a bit silly so not sure if this is stable enough to record an 8 hour long stream.

I'm so happy that you're investigating it man (and are aware of the shortcomings and problems of transcoding the stream). I'm guessing it was someone from XLT then that was able to source the last few streams as we all seem unsure on the best way to rip it at source. Crosses fingers we'll get there by Saturday !

I'm super excited. I absolutely love their mixes and I listen to the oversteps 12 hour and fact mixes very regularly still.

Guest RandySicko

Yeah I forgot about that fact mix... it is pretty sick. Love when that metal song freakin erupts onto the scene

in the last broadcast if i remember correctly they played 2 very extended 'jam' versions of tracks off Draft and Confield. We'll get at least 1 unreleased/new/exclusive AE track this time. They dropped the Coil - Panic remix for the first time in the Untilted set as well

Guest Aserinsky

Quick question, the Mixlr broadcasts will probably be higher quality than 96kbps right? I thought most places (Mixcloud for example) have now moved on to streaming in VBR AAC (or at the very least 128kbps like Soundcloud and Bandcamp). 96kbps seems an incredibly low bit rate to stream something on a site like Mixlr that seems to pride itself on high quality streaming.

I dunno about mixlr but the older autechre.ws (quaristice / untilted) streams were 96k mono, which quality-wise is tantamount to 192k stereo, only mono. The lads seem to have a thing for monaural. Hopefully someone will get a good streamrip of these, wish they'd just let you download the bloody things.

http://warp.net/records/autechre/autechre-radio-exai

Autechre will be broadcasting a pair of extended radio shows this Saturday and Sunday via Mixlr, ahead of the full release of ‘Exai’ next week.

In addition Exai 2XCD & 4XLP orders via Autechre.ws (or Bleep) receive two TDR-designed vinyl stickers (see image on right), up to and including the end of the second broadcast. Existing orders from these sites will also receive the stickers.

The upcoming broadcasts follow their 2010 ‘Oversteps’ radio show that brought together over 180,000 listeners from 114 different countries.

So this confirms they are different shows.

Archived