IGNORED

Warp just posted this on Facebook....

futureimage

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New stickers! Fuck yeah!

Turns out I'm psychic, if you ever lose something I will locate it for a small donation.

They did one for Untilted, and another for Quaristice.

Cheers found it!

You have got some fun listening ahead of you.

They did a few long sets for XLtronic as well, can't remember when. 2005?

technically if they have a mixlr account the broadcast is saved and you can download it from the site

Oh yeah there's an archive feature. No option to download though. I'm also guessing it's optional to put them in the archive so maybe they'll decide not to.

Apparently 96kb/s is for free users, premium users will stream at 128kb/s. :)

Guest jasondonervan

Going by this page, if you're a premium user you get downloads 'enabled'. Does this mean you would be able to download a stream after it has finished broadcasting?

I'm hoping it will be a live transmission of Kiosk followed by Bull Wallet the next day.

I really love these broadcasts but I basically have never listened to any of them beyond the initial stream. It's just them playing some songs that they like in a big winamp playlist, right? Hardly anything to ejaculate over.

I really love these broadcasts but I basically have never listened to any of them beyond the initial stream. It's just them playing some songs that they like in a big winamp playlist, right? Hardly anything to ejaculate over.

If I'm not mistaken, in one of the previous broadcasts they did they played extended versions of Uviol and VL AL 5

Guest theSun

it's worth it for extended mashups of ae tracks. i wish they would only do ae/gescom bits.

they need to make their own vlr-style mix

If I'm not mistaken, in one of the previous broadcasts they did they played extended versions of Uviol and VL AL 5

I remember that and also extended Liccflii which felt like on loop forever. And not really playlist type, there was also some mixing from time to time.

If you dump it straight from the stream you're effectively just writing the bits to the files exactly as they are broadcasted.

Good man here. Yes to the import of properly streamripping these. Actually, I'd love to take a crack at it myself, but I will be traveling. Don't let us down nerds!

Yeah, worth a listen to extract the extended mixes, but beyond that, it's just a playlist, right?

There were some mashups as well, one with Hexagon Sun, a disco one...Sounded great :music:

Yeah, worth a listen to extract the extended mixes, but beyond that, it's just a playlist, right?

Yeah but what a fucking playlist - I've discovered some flipping amazing tracks from their sets.

They did one for Untilted, and another for Quaristice.

Cheers found it!

You have got some fun listening ahead of you.

They did a few long sets for XLtronic as well, can't remember when. 2005?

According to the file name it was 10.04.2005 (not sure if that means 10th April or 4th October)

If you dump it straight from the stream you're effectively just writing the bits to the files exactly as they are broadcasted.

Good man here. Yes to the import of properly streamripping these. Actually, I'd love to take a crack at it myself, but I will be traveling. Don't let us down nerds!

The quaristice 12-hr set was easy enough to capture with streamripper for winamp, however it didn't work for the oversteps one on mixlr. I also vaguely recall some sort of virtual listening room that would kick people out for no particular reason. Godspeed and recks on to anyone with the skills to make it happen!

Guest jasondonervan

For who is planning to record. I was preparing my recording setup and the Mixlr site makes it a little harder to record since it's an RTMP stream. I don't want to be the only one recording this since I plan on getting drugged and may mess something up so here's how to record the stream:

1. Open the stream page (http://mixlr.com/autechre/me)

2. We'll need to retrieve the RTMP stream url. You can do this easily with the javascript console of your browser (developer tools in Chrome or Firebug in Firefox.) While you're on the stream page and while the player is playing music, put this in the javascript console and press enter:

player.audio._iO.serverURL+"/"+player.audio._iO.url

It should return a stream URL looking like: rtmp://edge02.mixlr.com:443/live/production/5454ee19250fdd72657eb56da1ddf3b2

3. Use a program to capture this stream without converting. I'll probably use RTMPDump:

$ rtmpdump -r "rtmp://edge02.mixlr.com:443/live/production/5454ee19250fdd72657eb56da1ddf3b2" -V -o output.flv

Or with VLC using "Convert / save" with "Dump raw input" checked. It's a bit hard to see if data is coming in correctly but you can see it downloading at the statistics window.

It should dump it to an flv container which should contain an MP3 stream of 96kb/s.

Tested, works great here. I'm running Audio Hijack on one machine, but I'll have this method running on another. Is CTRL+C the best way to close the dump down manually while using rtmpdump?

Archived