IGNORED

Warp just posted this on Facebook....

futureimage

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sean Booth solo album imo

Sean Booth on his own would probably go totaly overboard with beats like never before, think I'd prefer to hear a Rob Brown solo album. He seems the more subdued guy, would be fun to see what he'd do on his own.

Sean Booth on his own would probably go totaly overboard with beats like never before, think I'd prefer to hear a Rob Brown solo album. He seems the more subdued guy, would be fun to see what he'd do on his own.

I'm all for Sean Booth, but solo stuff isn't possible ever i think. Remember how he had to withdraw his announced solo track for Mark Fell radioshow, because it was supposed to be known as Gescom effort.

I'm all for Sean Booth, but solo stuff isn't possible ever i think. Remember how he had to withdraw his announced solo track for Mark Fell radioshow, because it was supposed to be known as Gescom effort.

Exai is secretly their Speakerboxxx/The Love Below

That's my theory, too. Hence tracks on massively different templates, Bladelores etc

i've had that thought about exai alone... now with this new art it would be fun to imagine exai was all sean and rob's album is to come, or vice versa... that would really be something unprecedented in popular music that i'm aware of... solo double albums by members of an active group

Guest disoriental express

I've been feeling something like this might be the case recently as well. But I don't believe it's an even split between discs (i.e. Sean did disc 1, Rob did disc 2). I think they're more mixed up than that, but I definitely agree that it kind of sounds like 2 different records combined.

The main divide I perceive is the complexity of the beats or just complexity itself. Some tracks are very 'simple' or 'approachable' compared to others (cloudline, deco Loc, recks on, jatavee C, T ess xi, tuinorizn, bladelores).

Exai seems to have more and more in common with quaristice to me the more I listen to it, not only in the divide between the overall sound of some songs compared to others, but in how they feel overall.

Of course, this is all conjecture. Bottom line: Exai is great no matter how you slice it. That's all that really matters I guess. :mcgriff:

Guest Rulohead32

Wait, did you realize that in the new cover there's a square that is bigger than the other ones? It's in the third horizontal line, at the center, it surpasses a bit the grid.

2 possible things: it's the key / it's bad done, so it's not official.

what is the deal with those videos?

i am socal surfer stoked about new release so soon after exai (who cares if it is technically their 11th?), maybe they will send it for free as an extra gift for all those who bought physical copies

man there are a lot of newbs here. trying to pick apart what sean and rob do is a pretty useless task. once you see them play live and see that sean does the beets and rob does the synths, you assume they compose in the same manner. not a solid assumption.

for anyone hoping to get a bit of solo work from rob, check the ultra rare mix tapes available for download on this site. i haven't actually seen rob verify that this is him or verifies their existence at all (if you have a link please post), but it is very autechrey and most people believe this is rob wanking around with some hardware samplers and/or max/msp.

for sean, he did a collab recently that i listened to briefly and hated, but it was with 2 other guys so not sure what sean did.

Yep, there's definitely a difference from the Exai cover. Irregularities in the dimensions of the shapes and individual squares, or by position like on the disc sleeves. Some corners are distanced from each other, obliquely and diagonally, and some are exactly flush.

The overall shape isn't quite as captivating to me as Exai, but that detail is cool, and very Autechre - seemingly clinical and precise, but with natural-sounding (or looking) slight disproportionality. I don't think this would fit as well with other electronic Warp acts.

Its obviously a tour poster containing the precise co-ordinates and dates for all their gigs, no other information will be given. Decipher the code, turn up and hope you're right

Its obviously a tour poster containing the precise co-ordinates and dates for all their gigs, no other information will be given. Decipher the code, turn up and hope you're right

I know you're joking, but this actually happened with BOC. Except of course there was no tour and it was just insane fans. I think someone even bought a ticket to the UK and wound up on a secluded beach somewhere, sans BOC obviously.

Yep, there's definitely a difference from the Exai cover. Irregularities in the dimensions of the shapes and individual squares, or by position like on the disc sleeves. Some corners are distanced from each other, obliquely and diagonally, and some are exactly flush.

The overall shape isn't quite as captivating to me as Exai, but that detail is cool, and very Autechre - seemingly clinical and precise, but with natural-sounding (or looking) slight disproportionality. I don't think this would fit as well with other electronic Warp acts.

Such aesthetics might be fitting for a remix EP cover...

Guest jasondonervan

I know you're joking, but this actually happened with BOC. Except of course there was no tour and it was just insane fans. I think someone even bought a ticket to the UK and wound up on a secluded beach somewhere, sans BOC obviously.

Red Moon.

g2xZhE8.png

DNOjMoV.png

Archived