IGNORED

/ 6 9 9 7 4 2 / 6 2 8 3 1 5 / 7 1 7 2 2 8 / 9 3 6 5 5 7 / 8 1 3 3 8 6 / 5 1 9 2 2 5 /

Guest bigloob

Whoah he said there are four of these things on the wall in the bathroom at the gas station:

PJls1os.jpg

At first I was gonna say "I can't believe people actually went there" but then they find shit like this there, idk... I can't even tell if it's coincidence or related, this is all just too weird and crazy... wtf is going on?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Considering the guy is publicizing his road trip and getting lots of fanboy attention, why would anyone assume that he didn't plant that design himself?

I really do not think boc or warp have anything too elaborate--or too math intensive-- planned with this fun little marketing exercise, and the reveals will be trickled out on their schedule.

Also pretty sure at this point that Joyrex is trollin wicked hahd

If 'LHHH' is indeed a legit piece of information then i would bet money that 42entertainment is behind this.

I can't really explain it but it's their style.

From what I'm reading, it seems 42entertainment's style would involve more people, flooding the media with obscure symbols and ideas to hyper-promote something already popular.

they were behind Year Zero and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo arg stuff.

I do see the similarities, but this scene doesn't seem to have the same "flooding" elements 42 uses...

If 'LHHH' is indeed a legit piece of information then i would bet money that 42entertainment is behind this.

From what I'm reading, it seems 42entertainment's style would involve more people, flooding the media with obscure symbols and ideas to hyper-promote something already popular.

I do see the similarities, but this scene doesn't seem to have the same "flooding" elements 42 uses...

well i'm sure they're capable of some subtlety

Guest Gravity

699742/628315/717228/936557/429899/519225

Where did this come from? Saw it on the Reddit a while ago but couldn't see how it was found. Someone posted the hex colour and it looks like it matches the colour on this building where dudes are at now in the desert. http://i.imgur.com/hcvmJKv.jpg

http://www.colorhexa.com/429899

Do the other five numbers have relationships to other pictures that have been posted or something?

Also I guess the one time pad is this?

[youtubehd]zHcI5vQhWm8[/youtubehd]

55742?

Can some things happen now please? :boc:

What's with the 5 digit number now? Is there a clear recording of this code anywhere on the net? Surprised we don't have confirmation on it yet.

What's with the 5 digit number now? Is there a clear recording of this code anywhere on the net? Surprised we don't have confirmation on it yet.

It's the set of numbers that NPR already aired, with a video showing they belong in the first slot.

well i'm sure they're capable of some subtlety

I could definitely see it being their style if it was fully cooperative with the artist/production/what-have-you, but based on the previous "case studies" on their site, this is MUCH more cryptic and sparse by comparison.

Whoah he said there are four of these things on the wall in the bathroom at the gas station:

PJls1os.jpg

At first I was gonna say "I can't believe people actually went there" but then they find shit like this there, idk... I can't even tell if it's coincidence or related, this is all just too weird and crazy... wtf is going on?

well the thing is, if BoC/a company doing marketing for BoC did go out to this gas station to film shit recently, they could've assumed that it was possible fanboys would figure out where it was, and pay a visit. so they could've had a little fun and just planted these designs, even if they're not relevant, while they were there, nbd. they could be a clue, could just be a bit of fun from BoC to say 'hey, you found the right place' or they could of course be totally unrelated

Guest Gravity

It's the set of numbers that NPR already aired, with a video showing they belong in the first slot.

Yeah but even that really shitty audio recording from yesterday had an either oddly low or non existant first number, and now a guy who was actually on-site says it's only 5 digits. Seems off.

Yeah but even that really shitty audio recording from yesterday had an either oddly low or non existant first number, and now a guy who was actually on-site says it's only 5 digits. Seems off.

From the video description: "Also, I think the numbers are being read in a different voice than (some of) the other codes. Also, the 55742 is a bit of a guess - it's pretty difficult to hear what the numbers actually are from outside the shop. (Apparently these could actually be 699742 - a code already "discovered")"

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

That's what happened yesterday. This is there today I think? Someone from here went there drunk last night at gone midnight and said something about 5 numbers too. This seems to be a different number. idk

Someone should edit the code numbers onto the monolith in this

[youtubehd]ML1OZCHixR0[/youtubehd]

Not so sure what to think anymore... I'm just gonna go live life for a bit and check back later.

Ok, now it's official - this is starting to send us batshit.

Okay I'm just gonna keep pushing this agenda:

[from Tron Legacy campaign]

"online buzz sent fans to a deserted parking lot in San Diego"

Cell phones in cakes, and the ilovebees thing...yeah, this is definitely probable.

"Someone from here went there drunk last night at gone midnight and said something about 5 numbers too."

Yeah, that was me. :emb:

Was convinced that I heard 99802 last night, wtf. Having heard the clip from today it is definitely a 7 not an 8, but it was very fucking hard to hear last night...sooo much distortion listening at the gap in the door. Listened to it loads of times too. Definitely 5 numbers though.

Also, there was a showing of that csch equalizer clip after two guys went in just after midnight.

Doesn't make sense that they'd set up an installation/whatever, just to re-iterate a previous code...IMHO.

:derp:

Guest Lucy Faringold

Can't wait for the Wire/Pitchfork/FACT interview where BoC totally disown this whole campaign.

Can't wait for the Wire/Pitchfork/FACT interview where BoC totally disown this whole campaign.

I've been wondering if they'll follow Autechre in not giving many (if any) interviews. I'm curious to see how it will all pan out, either way.

Guest Lucy Faringold

I've been wondering if they'll follow Autechre in not giving many (if any) interviews. I'm curious to see how it will all pan out, either way.

100% sure that Warp will be pressuring them to do as much press as possible.

Guest Gravity

What's the big deal?

Archived