IGNORED

Boards of Canada - Tomorrow's Harvest

Alzado

Guest ZombieLincoln666

This is cool and all, but for the next album they should do another MHTRTC or Geogaddi. That style still their forte. Not many people can make tracks like 'Kaini Industries'.

Edited by ZombieLincoln666

just finishing first run through, opted for vinyl listening to break me in.

Slightly underwhelmed if im honest.

A few standout tracks, reach for the dead, cold earth and new seeds. New seeds reminds me of ulrich schnauss.

I feel the album was missing some of the boc "humour" prevalent in previous albums through the samples and fun melodies, but i guess thats the point of the album. Its meant to be darker and colder.

Im sure repeated listens will have this clicking with me, but i guess its not a summer album. If this was released in november i would probably be instantly loving it. Its a nice summer evening and i have a beer in hand; think ill listen to some pearson sound next....

ps the outer gatefold packaging of my vinyl was damaged. Top corner is all dented up and it has a big crease in the centre where it looks like it wasnt folded correctly the first time. Records play perfectly though, i guess i could complain but ill never be selling this, its mine to play.

For some reason at 1:55 of cold earth my whole body breaks out in goosebumps and I can feel it in my scalp and spine. Happens without fail every time...

It's definitely doing something.

For me this happens with Reach For The Dead, when the synth melody flows in somewhere in the middle. I could burst into tears there. It's melodies that sort of melt my heart and unlock all my emotions.

the last 30 seconds of transmisiones ferox could have been the intro to like an 8min track imo. Whatever wind instrument that is, the melody is insanely on point and beautiful

Also, the chopped vocal on sick times sounds a lot like the sample in Whitewater. Maybe it's just the distortion. Does anyone else hear that?

On the whole, one sublime package. This and Ulrich Schnauss' A Long Way To Fall are my fav albums of 2013 thus far.

So many wonderful moments that it's difficult to pick an absolute fav. Palace Posy and Split Your Infinities are a lovely one-two punch, the latter of the two being one of boc's most beautiful tracks imo.

I'm on my third listen to the album and it just gets better with every listen. I've lost count of the number of times I've sat grinning from ear to ear, or that I've got chills from a key change or sample.

I'm sorry to read that this album isn't doing it for some on here, but I guess that's just the subjective nature of music. Personally, I think this probably the on a par with their greatest work, if not their best.

Looking forward to trekking up Arthur's Seat or the Pentland hills whilst watching the sun going down to Sundown.

Edited by Higgins VanHiggins

I caved in and listened to the CD that arrived.

Thoroughly disappointed.

It's an okay album. Nowhere near worthy of all the ridiculous hype surrounding it, though. The strongest track, in my opinion, is Semena Mertvykh and it's unfortunately the first thing I heard (cosecha-transmissiones video).

Entirely separate from my issues with Bleep, and their complete mishandling of this release, I don't think I'll be pre-ordering any more BoC in future.

Thoroughly disappointed.

It's an okay album. Nowhere near worthy of all the ridiculous hype surrounding it, though. The strongest track, in my opinion, is Semena Mertvykh and it's unfortunately the first thing I heard (cosecha-transmissiones video).

Entirely separate from my issues with Bleep, and their complete mishandling of this release, I don't think I'll be pre-ordering any more BoC in future.

After ten or so listens, I think you'll mebbe change yer mind...I was similarly underwhelmed listening to the web-stream, but oh my, this has so much ooomph to it. I actually like the fact they shortened tracks deliberately...just makes ye want more. Dunno who I'm trying to convince, seeing as I am already convinced.

Guest dylanmcknd

So I looked at Bleep, and you can buy the MP3, WAVs and FLAC and sample the album, but I still don't have my downloads.

:facepalm: Jesus, Warp.

Edited by dylanmcknd

Thoroughly disappointed.

lol - what were you expecting?

better.

It's not the music - it's your expectation that let you down.

Thoroughly disappointed.

better.

you couldn't say anything more sycophantic.

Guest Gravity

Like I said before, sucks to see people let down after so many years of waiting. Hopefully next time they don't take 8 years.

This shit (multiple whiny thread(s)) is bonkers. It's just an album of musics FFS...nothing more, nothing less.

Two guys in Scotland bone-ing off on old knackered kit, etc,...it was never going to Change The World. (I like some Coldplay also, they can chang the whurld!)

Get a fucking grip. I think it is an amazing listen, just from bits of sound which convey an idea and/or gives you some headspace to enjoy them BoC sounds...loving the 'old' beats in there by the way. If I want mental time-signatures, I'll listen to Snares.

You cunts really need to stop wetting the metaphorical bed and get your nappy on.

:emotawesomepm9: < I <3 U

This shit (multiple whiny thread(s)) is bonkers. It's just an album of musics FFS...nothing more, nothing less.

Two guys in Scotland bone-ing off on old knackered kit, etc,...it was never going to Change The World. (I like some Coldplay also, they can chang the whurld!)

Get a fucking grip. I think it is an amazing listen, just from bits of sound which convey an idea and/or gives you some headspace to enjoy them BoC sounds...loving the 'old' beats in there by the way. If I want mental time-signatures, I'll listen to Snares.

You cunts really need to stop wetting the metaphorical bed and get your nappy on.

:emotawesomepm9: < I <3 U

:emotawesomepm9:

Thoroughly disappointed.

better.

I was so hoping for that seal of approval, ach well. :boc:

Thoroughly disappointed.

better.

you couldn't say anything more cynical.

lol @ oscillik better listen to some VHS head then lol

Is he like 52 or summit...well jaded and shit? I don't get it/him/her.

Music should be a joy. Unless you don't like, in which case, don't listen.

(Except for Watmm-Bitchin' porpoises etc.)

KILLER-WHALES BRO> (over FLACS, obvs)

Edited by ravedamage

At least he is honest, i bet there are some fanboys out there that don't like it but say they like it.

But jokes on him because he bought the album without listening to it first.

At least he is honest, i bet there are some fanboys out there that don't like it but say they like it.

But jokes on him because he bought the album without listening to it first.

Nae shame in anything Mr Deer, if we're here, we are all fanboys...to what extent, WTF, etc.

I personally LOVE the old Bill Paxton avatar and Oscillik's devilry, so, uh, aye.

Love them Boards also, and our inevitable spiral to...doom?

I just noticed downloads are available for purchase on Bleep (US) now. They weren't available earlier today.

I suspect the ones not able to get their downloads are the ones that ordered physical formats, Bleep just hasn't updated their accounts with access to the files. Another slap in the face, it sounds like.

Hmmm should I buy downloads, or wait till Tuesday to buy vinyl at a local shop? Seems like there's no download codes in the vinyl people have been receiving. I sure as hell don't want to pay for digital files after buying the vinyl.