IGNORED

[RUMOR] New Boards of Canada Single To Be Played On BBC Radio Scotland 20 May

Joyrex

@ oscillik

Not you specifically. Thought I remembered Jules commenting about them, but it was such a chaotic time, I could have that wrong too.

And I can't disagree with the idea of avoiding it. The low quality broadcast of spl9 made me nervous exai would suck, which it most certainly didn't. So I'm sure I would have been better off avoiding it.

But for all the good intentions, I'm impatient and may still want to hear a preview

I definitely did not listen to any exai before the release. I don't even remember any tracks floating around before exai came out.

if I could hold out on not listening to vicarious before 10,000 days came out, then I can and do do it for every band I love because I want that first experience to not be jaded at all.

Well today I learn I am wrong about many things

well you are right about that

I kid, I kid

chin up duder

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A drone album would be great for their careers

Really? What do they do for a living?

drone maintenance

116046590_8c1c4c431d_z.jpg

agreed

lol. back when that redmoon nonsense happened i dragged a few mates along for the goose chase and we ended up partying in a field with some rabid boc fans who'd travelled from canada and talked BoC constantly, going "BoC this... BoC that... when i first discovered BoC... what's your favourite BoC... BoC makes me feel so alive.. etc." and my mate totally without clue said "what's Boc?" and the real fans all shat their pants in unison at the horror that he didn't know. it was just perfect.

Pa55j5s.jpg

So has this show aired yet or wut?

Apparently they spoke out of turn, and it turned out to be false, as I would reckon by now it would have aired in Scotland...

I'll listen to the beginning of the show, if he gives a subtle hint something will happen then fine. But I don't have the time to just to listen along for a few hours in the hope of summat materialising.

It starts 40 mins from now

Guest isaki

Featuring live sessions, new material from the best alternative artists, upfront releases and first plays for Scotland's best new bands.

subtle enough

Guest Ranxerox

Vic Galloway was just on BBC Radio Scotland talking about his showing that's starting in 15 mins. Listing off some bands he'll be playing. Didn't hear him mention BoC.

i don't get the whole embargo thing or making a dj wait till you give the go ahead to play a track from a promo that's already been sent out. I guess I wrongly thought that sending promos to reviewers was for promotion

i don't get the whole embargo thing or making a dj wait till you give the go ahead to play a track from a promo that's already been sent out. I guess I wrongly thought that sending promos to reviewers was for promotion

You're assuming there's promos - as they said, they went to a listening party. AFAIK, there are no promos, for obvious reasons.

Archived