IGNORED

Nine Inch Nails - Hesitation Marks

YO303

dude ,im sorry but this whole thread must be listening to a different album than I just did. THERE IS A FUCKING SONG ON HERE THAT SOUNDS LIKE SMASHMOUTH!

what in god's name is wrong with you people? This album almost sounds worse than With Teeth, it is shockingly bad.

oh my god, I'm honestly in shock right now fro what i just listened to. Trent Reznor has bitten the dust forever, jesus christ

this is hands down the worst album Trent Reznor has ever put out. This is actually worse than How to Destroy Angels, and i didnt think that was possible.

Edited by John Ehrlichman

I like Everything towards the end when the hyperactive sugar-rush synth kicks in. I dunno, I just thought that particular part managed to capture that sense of euphoric post-depression happiness he was probably going for

dude ,im sorry but this whole thread must be listening to a different album than I just did. THERE IS A FUCKING SONG ON HERE THAT SOUNDS LIKE SMASHMOUTH!

what in god's name is wrong with you people? This album almost sounds worse than With Teeth, it is shockingly bad.

oh my god, I'm honestly in shock right now fro what i just listened to. Trent Reznor has bitten the dust forever, jesus christ

this is hands down the worst album Trent Reznor has ever put out. This is actually worse than How to Destroy Angels, and i didnt think that was possible.

You are not in the mood man, i think your mood right now is heroin and needles.

so where do people generally rate this amongst the rest of nin's discography?

Year Zero

TDS

PHM

The Slip

HS

With Teeth

Ghosts

Broken

The Fragile

Edited by Deer

Not sure if this would be worth buying or not. I did "preview" the first half of the album on Amazon, but didn't go beyond Everything. John Ehrlichman and Jules are right about Everything tho - from what I've heard so far, what a fuckin' stupid track. The rest of it sounded decent, but again, I've yet to hear any of the second half of the album.

I also love Everything! Is such a nice feel good song. Think this is an awesome album and agree its his best since The Fragile.(And maybe even better than that) Can see why people on here wouldn't like everthing but thought everyone would appreacite the funky Electronic ryhthms on shit like Satellite!

I think Reznor explained in the NPR "All Things Considered" interview that "Everything" might appear superficially to be a feel-good track, but it's really a different kind of self-destructive attitude. Personally, I agree with him, and I like those kinds of songs. Weird juxtapositions of happy melodies and harmonies with lyrics that don't quite match, or tracks where the speaker betrays a misunderstanding of himself or his situation: I like those kinds of things.

Is that his job ?! Hats off to him if so but I didn't think he released enough videos for him to get a Youtube 'income'

EDIT: Shit me, had no idea he'd mode over a thousand of the fuckers !

I'm not sure if it's his main source of income, but with 1000+ monetized videos at tens of thousands of views a pop, I'd say he's probably making a decent chunk of change from essentially just geeking out about new indie music releases

Guest trananhhung

The album works for me if I think that I'm listening to Mathew Dear's Black City 2. I still think the artwork and Lynch video have nothing to do with the album.

I'm enjoying the album a lot really. Came Back Haunted and the scary intro have no place in it, though.

Edited by trananhhung