IGNORED

Nine Inch Nails - Hesitation Marks

YO303

"Oneohtrix Point Never" is a cool artist project name. What is wrong with you people?

Pronounce it. Then realise how silly you sound.

Oh shit, you're right. I like your litmus test for whether a band name is bad or not.

Try to forget the cultural baggage and say the following out loud. Say them with a straight face at your grandmother, if you have a hard time imagining the sound without the context you're used to:

Autechre,

Nine Inch Nails,

Thumbinanus,

Aphex Twin,

Rape Your Face,

Daft Punk

Miley Ray Cyrus,

etc.

They all sound pretty silly to me, when I try it. Hm.

"Oneohtrix Point Never" is a cool artist project name. What is wrong with you people?

Pronounce it. Then realise how silly you sound.

Oh shit, you're right. I like your litmus test for whether a band name is bad or not.

Try to forget the cultural baggage and say the following out loud. Say them with a straight face at your grandmother, if you have a hard time imagining the sound without the context you're used to:

Autechre,

Nine Inch Nails,

Thumbinanus,

Aphex Twin,

Rape Your Face,

Daft Punk

Miley Ray Cyrus,

etc.

They all sound pretty silly to me, when I try it. Hm.

next band name: Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?

One-Oh -Tricks-Point-Never is supposed to sound like 106.7, as in Magic 106.7, Boston's continuous soft rock. "Today's hits, yesterday's favorites."

They play stuff like Phill Collins or Alanis Morrisette or Billy Joel or Madonna. It's all the rage.

Guest Ron Manager

One-Oh -Tricks-Point-Never is supposed to sound like 106.7, as in Magic 106.7, Boston's continuous soft rock. "Today's hits, yesterday's favorites."

They play stuff like Phill Collins or Alanis Morrisette or Billy Joel or Madonna. It's all the rage.

haha shit, is that really how you pronounce it? I haven't listened to much of him, but I thought it was 'On-ee-oh-trix', and I didn't get it but thought it was a cool name. 'one-oh-trix point never' is so much lamer.

haha shit, is that really how you pronounce it? I haven't listened to much of him, but I thought it was 'On-ee-oh-trix', and I didn't get it but thought it was a cool name. 'one-oh-trix point never' is so much lamer.

I'm not sure which interview this was in, but I think I've seen it mentioned more than once. Another interesting thing is that I was driving through Sudbury, MA and saw Pelham Island Road. Like, the actual street. And since it's one of my favorite OPN tracks, I threw it on while taking that road. It was actually really scenic, kind of a windy road that goes by this huge pond. It's gotta be the road he named the track after. Good story, I know.

• 1 month later...

This has nothing to do with Hesitation Marks, but I was on the bus tonight and a man with a big beard sat down in front of me. So naturally a parody of Big Man With A Big Gun appeared in my head entitled Big Man With A Big Beard. And what do big men with big beards do? They like to eat soup. I felt I should write it down for posterity somewhere and this seemed like the most appropriate spot:

(be forewarned, it's pretty stupid)

I am a big man, yes I am

And I got a big spoon

Got me a big ol' beard and I...

...I like to eat soup

Held against my lips now

I'm gonna suck it

Maybe I'll spill a bit on my beard, you know

Just for the fuck of it

I'll make it messy if I want

As I devour

I need a fucking meal and I...

...I have the power

Eat every inch of it...

Yeah I'll slurp it up now!

Me and my fucking beard

And nothing can stop me now!

SOUP! SOUP! SOUP! SOUP! SOUP!

It's gonna get all over me...

...me and my fucking beard!!!

:shrug:

This has nothing to do with Hesitation Marks, but I was on the bus tonight and a man with a big beard sat down in front of me. So naturally a parody of Big Man With A Big Gun appeared in my head entitled Big Man With A Big Beard. And what do big men with big beards do? They like to eat soup. I felt I should write it down for posterity somewhere and this seemed like the most appropriate spot:

(be forewarned, it's pretty stupid)

I am a big man, yes I am

And I got a big spoon

Got me a big ol' beard and I...

...I like to eat soup

Held against my lips now

I'm gonna suck it

Maybe I'll spill a bit on my beard, you know

Just for the fuck of it

I'll make it messy if I want

As I devour

I need a fucking meal and I...

...I have the power

Eat every inch of it...

Yeah I'll slurp it up now!

Me and my fucking beard

And nothing can stop me now!

...me and my fucking beard!!!

:shrug:

defiantly genious

• 1 month later...
Guest Gravity

This reworked version of Sanctified is awesome. Dat bass line.

It's from this footage released this week. There's gonna be a digital/blu-ray release (+more footage) in 2014 for anyone who wants it.

lol it was good until he starting singing. He needs to stop singing about things hes tried to do and fire and quoting things ladies said in chorus' and that. He just repeats the same themes over and over and over. The fretless bass is nice tho.

He basically just cries and masturbates idk it's horrible. You don't even get the satisfaction of the spectacle of watching some crying and masturbating.

Edited by DerWaschbar

Guest Gravity

Well OK 20 years of Nine Inch Nails live and this could be my favorite show. The addition of the 2 "divas" was a pro move on his part. It lightened the wrist-slashing load of past depressions and gave everything a ravey, fun update. The 720p had 192 kbps audio so I gave it the Atoms For Peace treatment if anyone's interested

http://www.filedropper.com/nineinchnails-tension

Glad you enjoyed it. I was a bit skeptical about the 2 singers before I first heard them, but it definitely works. It's nice to see him always trying something new for each tour. Thanks for the rip.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest RadarJammer

hey atticus? what rhymes with sky?

can't think of anything...

hey atticus what rhyms with OK?

wait wait i can do this on my own

does lie rhyme with it?