IGNORED

Nine Inch Nails - Hesitation Marks

YO303

ever heard of the gaussian curve? reznor is f.moron (as are his fans) and his music sucks big time. ...a copy of a copy of a coooooopyyyyy.... echo...of an echo of an eeeechooooo..... :facepalm:

200K subscribers

over 35 mln views.

he's more popular than afx ;D

just kidding. :cerious:

...am i? :p

I'm not sure if it's his main source of income, but with 1000+ monetized videos at tens of thousands of views a pop, I'd say he's probably making a decent chunk of change from essentially just geeking out about new indie music releases

I thought I read somewhere that he also worked in a pizza shop or some restaurant for extra income, not sure if he's quit since or still does, but I'm pretty sure at least when he was starting out he also worked a pizza shop.

I thought I read somewhere that he also worked in a pizza shop

well see now that just makes it even more appealing

i'm gonna go shave all my hair off & make an album review vlog & get all the free pizza I want

Edited by Cryptowen

so where do people generally rate this amongst the rest of nin's discography?

Year Zero

TDS

PHM

The Slip

HS

With Teeth

Ghosts

Broken

The Fragile

Pleased to see that there are others out there who rate Year Zero highly.

Yeah, Year Zero wasn't bad at all - certainly better than With Teeth(ah).

how do you rate the latest record?

Beyond the few tracks I have heard, I haven't made time for it yet. Been meaning to pick it up and see if it stands up to the generally positive remarks after more of the tracks were previewed.

pretty zoleworthy that people can think that having a good looking girlfriend is a surefire cure for clinical depression

is he still clinically depressed though? I hope you didn't think i was suggesting that, I'm just mostly surprised that the man seems to joyless and dry in an OFFICIAL 'discussion' about the album, not a press junket. It seems odd to me, like why even bother if you seem like you're sitting on a sandpaper buttblug the whole time?

pretty zoleworthy that people can think that having a good looking girlfriend is a surefire cure for clinical depression

is he still clinically depressed though? I hope you didn't think i was suggesting that, I'm just mostly surprised that the man seems to joyless and dry in an OFFICIAL 'discussion' about the album, not a press junket. It seems odd to me, like why even bother if you seem like you're sitting on a sandpaper buttblug the whole time?

he always sounds like that

I ended up buying this album, and I enjoy it more than I thought I would. Copy of a is my favourite track right now. I have mixed feelings about Everything; 0:32-0:55 and 1:34-1:57 are the cool parts, but the rest of it kinda sucks. The rest of the tracks are pretty good tho I think.

Honestly, I liked NIN even before I discovered IDM in the '90s but I think Reznor's matured a bit since then. You can laugh at me and tell me I'm full of shit or whatever, but I genuinely appreciate the new album overall.

Well, I finally broke down and listened to this - in a nutshell: Trent's balls must have shriveled up when he 'roided out and lost his neck. This does not sound like NIN - at first, I got a Pretty Hate Machine vibe (not a bad thing to revisit one's roots), but then it devolved into soulless, boring beats and lyrics that have zero feeling to them - one of the things I always liked about Reznor's singing, no matter how cliched the lyrics might have been, was you could hear the pain and conviction in his voice - this sounds like he's going though the motions, and there's no anger, despite the lyrics indicating otherwise. It also kinda makes me mad that visually he's trying to associate this with The Downward Spiral - there isn't a track on this release worthy of being included as a bonus track on TDS, let alone even being classed in the same category. It's as forgettable as The Slip was.

It also kinda makes me mad that visually he's trying to associate this with The Downward Spiral - there isn't a track on this release worthy of being included as a bonus track on TDS, let alone even being classed in the same category. It's as forgettable as The Slip was.

I have no idea why they thought it would be a good idea to have that kind of association, especially since that artwork is so fucking 'classic' and inexorably linked to that sound

It also kinda makes me mad that visually he's trying to associate this with The Downward Spiral - there isn't a track on this release worthy of being included as a bonus track on TDS, let alone even being classed in the same category. It's as forgettable as The Slip was.

I have no idea why they thought it would be a good idea to have that kind of association, especially since that artwork is so fucking 'classic' and inexorably linked to that sound

Agreed - that was one of the things that made TDS so perfect - the artwork, fonts, everything fit the music perfectly. I even remember trying to emulate that painting style at the time when I was in art school and failed horribly, LOL.

Agreed - that was one of the things that made TDS so perfect - the artwork, fonts, everything fit the music perfectly. I even remember trying to emulate that painting style at the time when I was in art school and failed horribly, LOL.

you probably weren't using enough of your own feces, semen, blood, or teeth.

did you use your feathers though? :beer:

Edited by oscillik

I did! I got some chicken feathers from my mother-in-law's yard. Made a gooey mess. I was using oils with a palette knife to try and achieve the amazing textures the album artwork had.

I did! I got some chicken feathers from my mother-in-law's yard. Made a gooey mess. I was using oils with a palette knife to try and achieve the amazing textures the album artwork had.

joyrex pls

post pics

joyrex pls

post pics

Oh lord, that was nearly 20 years ago - I was so disgusted with my feeble attempt I know I didn't keep the canvases... probably have been in a landfill somewhere for at least the past 15+ years if not more...

I do still have my marker illustration of Trent Reznor from art school, though.