IGNORED

When your copy of TH arrives, post a pic here

Guest jasondonervan

Just got mine today, in the absolute worst way possible.

To preface, I haven't listened to a single track outside of Reach for the Dead once. I have been patiently waiting for my pre-order to arrive so I can listen to the whole album, as I intended, in the dark, on wax. So naturally, that's what I do. I glance through the contents of my package - a little bit of a rip on the top seam, but nothing too noticeable - besides, it's not like I'm going to ever sell the thing, so I'm happy with it. Let the journey begin!

Put on side A - badass, sounds fantastic. Side B - even better, all is well in my personal little BoC space I have set up. Collapse finishes, and I pop the record off, reach for side 3, and.....IT'S THE FIRST RECORD AGAIN. I HAVE NO SECOND HALF OF THE ALBUM.

Seriously, I have waited so long for this. So much self control to not listen to anything until I had the vinyl, and then - Nope! You get to hear the first half and that's it! Ridiculous. Well, now, rest assured, I'm listening to the digital copy now. I just can't believe Bleep/Warp screwed that up. Oh well, maybe I can get a free poster or something out of this.

The palindromic effect

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The palindromic effect

Haha the second half of the album is just the first half in reverse. That would be impressive.

So Bleep's solution to this problem is to just send me a replacement C/D side - not even a whole new album. Just the fact that they have single records lying around to send to people seems kind of indicative of some major sloppiness with this release. Oh, also, pics or it didn't happen, right?

post-3183-0-08654600-1371135037_thumb.jpg

The palindromic effect

Haha the second half of the album is just the first half in reverse. That would be impressive.

So Bleep's solution to this problem is to just send me a replacement C/D side - not even a whole new album. Just the fact that they have single records lying around to send to people seems kind of indicative of some major sloppiness with this release. Oh, also, pics or it didn't happen, right?

probably a stoopid question,but have you played the other piece of vinyl to check?

Guest Papillon

Special Warp Offer
25% off all Warp Records music releases on Bleep for the next week.
Enter the code WARP25 in the checkout.

View Warp on Bleep
Offer open until 19th June. This offer cannot be combined with any other promotions on the store. Offer not available on pre-order items, does not include discount on postage costs.

no thanks

Wow 150 posts, 149 of them were probably pointless. I just signed up to talk about Boards of Canada when all the hype started.....

To preface, I haven't listened to a single track outside of Reach for the Dead once. I have been patiently waiting for my pre-order to arrive so I can listen to the whole album, as I intended, in the dark, on wax. So naturally, that's what I do. I glance through the contents of my package - a little bit of a rip on the top seam, but nothing too noticeable - besides, it's not like I'm going to ever sell the thing, so I'm happy with it. Let the journey begin!

Put on side A - badass, sounds fantastic. Side B - even better, all is well in my personal little BoC space I have set up. Collapse finishes, and I pop the record off, reach for side 3, and.....IT'S THE FIRST RECORD AGAIN. I HAVE NO SECOND HALF OF THE ALBUM.

Seriously, I have waited so long for this. So much self control to not listen to anything until I had the vinyl, and then - Nope! You get to hear the first half and that's it! Ridiculous. Well, now, rest assured, I'm listening to the digital copy now. I just can't believe Bleep/Warp screwed that up. Oh well, maybe I can get a free poster or something out of this.

The palindromic effect

Fucking hell - I wonder if my sealed copy is screwed up...

I'm sorry that you feel this. Your record was dispatched last Wednesday so hopefully it will arrive soon. We tried to differentiate our offer in other ways with the early digital track the full album a day early and the upgraded to WAV/FLAC download rather than MP3.

Sadly there is not a uniform offer for all stores, so there were some promotional goodies in some physical record shops. We will feed back your thoughts to Warp.

Best wishes

Bleep Support

:biggrin::wtf:

My response to Bleep would be

1. It was not advertised anywhere that the album would be released one day early.

2. It was not advertised anywhere that pre-orders would get FLAC / 16bit WAV downloads before people complained about it.

so how is it a differentiation from the other retails?

The palindromic effect

Fucking hell - I wonder if my sealed copy is screwed up...

Hey typically aren't defects like that actually worth a lot of money?

Providing the vinyl has the correct track listing on the label and incorrect songs pressed onto it, this is probably (weirdly) worth a lot of money as it may be the only one out of all of the presses that's defective.

Guest jasondonervan

Providing the vinyl has the correct track listing on the label and incorrect songs pressed onto it, this is probably (weirdly) worth a lot of money as it may be the only one out of all of the presses that's defective.

Going by the recent chatter with several knackered copies, I wouldn't back that horse on the nose.

photo-11039.jpg

Going by the recent chatter with several knackered copies, I wouldn't back that horse on the nose.

photo-11039.jpg

lol true...

but lets say there are 100/100,000 with this defect.. that's still kind of a ltd edition of 100 lol

Guest 30equals

The palindromic effect

probably a stoopid question,but have you played the other piece of vinyl to check?

yeah...inquiring minds want to know.

lol

i did get a nice, quick response from bleep, which i appreciate:

Your request (#38476) has been deemed solved.

DM, Jun 13 13:51 (BST):

Hi Jonathan
I am sorry that you received this in less than perfect condition. We will send a replacement sleeve today.
Best wishes
Bleep Support

The palindromic effect

Haha the second half of the album is just the first half in reverse. That would be impressive. So Bleep's solution to this problem is to just send me a replacement C/D side - not even a whole new album. Just the fact that they have single records lying around to send to people seems kind of indicative of some major sloppiness with this release. Oh, also, pics or it didn't happen, right?

Yes I listened to it. Its not a mispress or a defect, they just packaged two of the same record into the sleeve. Even the individual sleeves for each record are the same (I imagine this is not the case for the actual C/D record sleeve?)

The palindromic effect

Haha the second half of the album is just the first half in reverse. That would be impressive. So Bleep's solution to this problem is to just send me a replacement C/D side - not even a whole new album. Just the fact that they have single records lying around to send to people seems kind of indicative of some major sloppiness with this release. Oh, also, pics or it didn't happen, right?

Yes I listened to it. Its not a mispress or a defect, they just packaged two of the same record into the sleeve. Even the individual sleeves for each record are the same (I imagine this is not the case for the actual C/D record sleeve?)

Nope. Different inner sleeve. Sorry to hear your copy was a defect. :facepalm:

is it a mispress of just 2 vinyls of same?

No mispress, simply a mispackage. If it were a mispress I might hang onto it - BoC fans can and will buy anything.

Yeah, i was gonna say, if it was a mislabelling there'd surely be a berko collector premium, but if not, that sucks then. ;-/

Guest jasondonervan

Good job.

Apparently all the shirts are out of stock on Bleep. Presumably they'll pump out a load more, but if you got one, you may feel smug with your zomg R@RE BoC first-print shirts.

Good job.

Apparently all the shirts are out of stock on Bleep. Presumably they'll pump out a load more, but if you got one, you may feel smug with your zomg R@RE BoC first-print shirts.

I bought the last silver one (in my size), so I have all 3, plus a 3rd copy of TH for 12 pounds. :emotawesomepm9:

And a 2nd copy of Exai. :cisfor:

[as part of the same order to get free shipping]

Archived