IGNORED

Oneohtrix Point Never - R Plus Seven

I'm listening to this for the first time.

Holy shit.

I have just recently gotten into OPN, this is definitely something different. It sounds very chaotic but pretty at the same time.

Loving this.

:music:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Gravity

Goddamnit. What's the point of preordering anymore?

Yeah, I know. It can be extremely annoying as I prefer listening to an anticipated album of mine with the packaging/booklet/everything in front of me, but I have shit patience so I end up cracking. Fuck.

I'm in love with Americans.

It's such an unpredictably beautiful track, I have really been missing that "chaotic order" in electronic music. Currently my favourite track of the album, hell it could even my favourite track this year!

i like the direction OPN is taking with R + 7, even though I have a feeling that he hasn't reached his full potential yet, i don't know why.

there are some great tracks on the record, i'm glad this album exists. OPN makes atmospheric music but with this album, it goes to a meditative level.

Guest Rulohead32

I'm in love with Americans.

It's such an unpredictably beautiful track, I have really been missing that "chaotic order" in electronic music. Currently my favourite track of the album, hell it could even my favourite track this year!

SAME

also, I love Chrome Country now.

Guest jasondonervan

Dug this one out for an upload, one of my old recordings. Hopefully people can see it, youtube is being a right arse with copyright notifications lately:

Guest jasondonervan

I fucking despair with youtube now... it's a joke. My account is years old. It's in good standing. I have uploads with tens of thousands of views without ever trying to monetise a single one of them. What's the point of allowing me to acknowledge a copyright claim as valid, then nerfing the video for anyone who actually wants to watch the damn thing? I would rather it was just blocked than be teased with the prospect of actually being able to share a video with like-minded folks.

I don't know if Vimeo is quite so vigorous with the hardcore copyright stance that youtube adopts, but I'm half tempted to take down the lot from my yt account and just move it all across on to a pro account with Vimeo. Even if it means I have to pay for the privilege, I'd rather that than waste my time with youtube's fucked up policies any longer. If anyone knows if Vimeo are a bit more open in terms of what you can upload, I'm all ears.

I'll upload the recording from that performance if anyone still wants to hear it.

Guest murphythecat8

Americans, Zebra, problem areas, still life, chrome country, This album is killing me.

From start to end, this album is amazing.

DEfinitely one of the best album i have heard in years, best this year for me. Each time I revisit, I am even more excited then the last time. This is mindblowing stuff. And the way this album ends, damn! So modern yet timeless classic.

This is the masterpiece of Lopatin imho and after listening to replica a lot last year, I had came to the conclusion that this guy lacked direction or didnt know what to do with his obvious talent. Well this is a definite masterpiece for me!

Guest Shadow GriZZly

His choice of sounds results in an album with quite an exotic atmosphere, overall. And by "exotic" I mean not exotic, like new age or anything, but really exotic, unique. Ahh, dunno how to explain it.

It's beautiful and its weirdness makes it pretty addictive.

not really feeling this album. i feel like opn is one of the better artists of the last decade, i'm just not seeing where this is that original sounding. a lot of the sounds are kind of grating and uninteresting. feels like a full embrace of "vaporwave" or whatever that genre is, which i don't care for to begin with. oh well, i'll always have russian mind.

not really feeling this album. i feel like opn is one of the better artists of the last decade, i'm just not seeing where this is that original sounding. a lot of the sounds are kind of grating and uninteresting. feels like a full embrace of "vaporwave" or whatever that genre is, which i don't care for to begin with. oh well, i'll always have russian mind.

this is pretty much how i felt about it, where as Replica felt like it still had some of those vaporware/eccojams elements it became something greater than it's parts. This feels very firmly rooted in it's individual parts

yeah, this seems very affected to me. very consciously trying on an aesthetic. i'll have to give it some more listens when my vinyl arrives. it isn't bad, i'm just not into it like the majority seem to be.

Guest bitroast

I can't stop loving this album.

Its infectious. The more I listen the more and more I love it and want to listen again. Loving moments from just about every track. There aren't really any tracks I dislike. Am finding myself putting on Chrome country a lot and then looping back to the start of the album and listening to it proper. Also Along is lovely as. The whole thing is lovely and baffling and beautiful and wonderful.

(Also, a preemptive 'fuck you' to anyone that calls this album overrated after it receives its out if proportion praise.)

Archived