IGNORED

VHS Head - Persistence Of Vision

fuck Record Store Day. seriously.

jumped up fucking hype bandwagon that actually has now become a fucking joke, due to the scalpers just buying (mostly) rehashed shite and then selling on at stupid prices.

I'm just pleased that they bothered to send out an email. Happy to receive the Bleep CD too, didn't think that would happen through Skam.

Skam are usually very good about emailing and letting people know about issues with pre-orders, at least that's always been my experience when ordering direct from them.

it's pretty cool that we're getting the CD and a sticker, yup.

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

fuck Record Store Day. seriously.

jumped up fucking hype bandwagon that actually has now become a fucking joke, due to the scalpers just buying (mostly) rehashed shite and then selling on at stupid prices.

I'm just pleased that they bothered to send out an email. Happy to receive the Bleep CD too, didn't think that would happen through Skam.

Skam are usually very good about emailing and letting people know about issues with pre-orders, at least that's always been my experience when ordering direct from them.

it's pretty cool that we're getting the CD and a sticker, yup.

Yeah, like oscillik is soon gonna be MR VHS HEAD - you'll have the vinyl, the mp3s, the video tape, the bleep cd and a sticker.

All you need is a pair of ade's underpants and you'll be set.

:emotawesomepm9:

Guest jasondonervan

yeah, right. Probably all in someone's closet somewhere.

Whatever you do, don't. look. in the closet

It's getting to the point that no one can fully trust a "release date" for vinyl in general. It lends to the black mystique innit

It's getting to the point that no one can fully trust a "release date" for vinyl in general. It lends to the black mystique innit

nope, you can trust a vinyl release date usually. unfortunately, Record Store Day has caused a huge backlog of runs. it needs to stop.

Now I'm really getting fucked off with these vinyl delays. Got an email today that the Pye Corner Audio 12" is also going to be a month or so late. Fuck all these trend-hopping bastards and opportunists, I've been consistently buying vinyl records since the early 80s!

Guest Zwei Kreise

Couldn't wait for the vinyl so got the cd last week from the local store.

The album has yet to soak in completely but I have to say that once again I stand in awe of the layers upon layers of sound painstakingly dumped from VHS tapes needed to assemble just one track. In terms of the album itself I have to say I might like it even better than Trademark Ribbons of Gold, I feel like it's more focused and tighter, and sounds more expensive and less "scattered" than TRoG felt in places.

Tracks like Red Ocean Apocalypse, Angels Never Sleep, Dead to Morrow, _lect__city and Don't Look in the Closet are downright surreal in how beautiful they are despite the total chaos that goes on in your head while listening to them, and on a whole the album is incredibly coherent and well paced, balancing the high-octane moments with well placed and freakishly eerie interludes (my favorites are Do You Understand? and Mutant Nights). At night with the lights on, listening to it feels like leaving the tv on on some random channel, falling asleep with the sound of the idents, ads and shows in the background, being warped into abstract pieces of music by your subconscious.

As a whole, I'm really digging it.

Finally listened to this all the way through during a drive From the Central Valley to San Francisco; rolling hills flecked with wind turbines all silhouetted by the sun setting. 'Body Magic' is unreal. The whole album is lovely; Ade can channel the tru fls!

The stretch from "Gas Human No. 5" to "Red Ocean Apocalypse" is unreal. Truly amazing shit, as is the rest of it. I think he outdid TROG. It's much more well paced and dynamic and these melodies/progressions get under your skin. It's in the same neighborhood as the feelings that boc gave me when I first listened to them. That's saying a ton, being that they're my favorite act of ever.

Went back and listened to Trade Mark ribbons while at work today. Man I appreciate that album even more now. Then I listened to the video club EP, man that one is really good as well. Then I listened to Persistence, like that one even more now! then the bleep mix!! Ade is a beast.

Guest bitroast

Shit I still haven't heard the bleep mix!!

I was waiting to order the vinyl and completely forgot all about it !!

Archived