IGNORED

Aleksi Perälä - The Colundi Sequence

Herr Jan

COLUNDI LEVEL 59 - 300 x 300mm Intaglio print from metalwork mother plate, hand printed on 280gsm Somerset Velvet Radiant White, presented in casebound print folio

Presented in 324mm x 324mm x 30mm acrylic slipcase. Finished by hand and silk screen printed to front

Guest jasondonervan

Aaaaaaaand the minidisc is sold out! That went fast, glad I was on time :happy:

For all my soon-to-be Mindisc owning brethren, we be livin' the...

so-smug.gif

Aaaaaaaand the minidisc is sold out! That went fast, glad I was on time :happy:

man I must have managed to get one of the last ones!

I emailed yesterday morning and he emailed me back immediately (like really, 10 seconds) to say I nabbed one!

HxpdAkM.jpg

lololflol

I recently purchased (wow i know) Colundi Sequence Level 6, and I just can't get over how amazing it is. It's a grower for sure

Especially track number 5.. I have been listening that track so much and it's just

:music:

I've only heard Level 3 (I've never heard anything of his before), bought the digital after reading this thread And thought it would be a nice little taster but to be honest I'm not feeling it. It sounds like some early nineties German bleepy trance (before it was a dirty word) to me. I've only listened 5-6 times but I'm not breaking through. I really thought I'd like it from the discussion on here. How does it compare with the other levels?

Edited by BUNKUM

Yeah, maybe I'll play one of the others on bandcamp, I've never been one for samples and prefer to go on word of mouth/reviews (hence why wattm is so important to me).

you can listen to all of them on bandcamp :)

I think 3 is rates well in the series but they all are solid for diff reasons (similar approach, idea.. but some more ambient than others. etc)

https://aleksiperala.bandcamp.com/

I think so far 4 is my favorite. Haven't listened to 3 yet.

hey I think I've already asked this stupid question but how am I supposed to play the dvds?

no common platforms play 24 bit 96khz wav, do they?

doesn't work on ps3/xbox360/ipod etc

Edited by StephenG

I just converted them to 320 MP3. I don't have the hard drive space for FLACs, plus I don't think my battered ears would be able to tell the difference

Ok same here, glad I'm not alone. Thought I was missing something.

Other than a few chromosomes.

Guest mrgerbik

yeah, just convert down to whatever format you want. that's the wonderful thing about having sources like 24/96 wavs.

btw I am loving a good portion of the Colundi Sequence, especially levels 3, 4 and 6. secured a copy of level 7 so looking forward to that.

I'm quite relieved that I'm not so much into this Colundi Sequence thing, 'cause I would propably go mad with all these different formats. Purchased the first CD/DVD edition but was more after MU4 which is great. Not as great as MU1 but still enjoying it a lot. Plus it's a long album so there's a lot to digest. Ovuca bonus was much more closer to Colundi material but IMO MU4 is standing on its own since it's stylistically quite far away from being this experimental minimalist techno that Colundi stuff represents. I cope fine with my rips of CS 1 and 2. Don't necessarily need more. On a side note it's a pity that Boomblaster didn't get a physical treatment apart from the four track vinyl. That included some of the best Aleksi tracks. Oh Rephlex, you weren't ready to go :cry:

I'm quite relieved that I'm not so much into this Colundi Sequence thing, 'cause I would propably go mad with all these different formats.

Aye, me too - I mean that's not to say I hate it, but the first CD/DVD release definitely has had my fill of the Colundi sound

I'm quite relieved that I'm not so much into this Colundi Sequence thing, 'cause I would propably go mad with all these different formats.

Aye, me too - I mean that's not to say I hate it, but the first CD/DVD release definitely has had my fill of the Colundi sound

This might be a goldmine though if you happen to be interested in the scientific/philosophical aspect of music. All I'm interested in are good tunes and can only rely on my ears. I'm not saying that it's bad or anything. I appreciate that there's more in it than only the surface but in general I prefer music which makes me bounce my feet and clap my hands than creating an urge to write a paper about what I've just heard....Too vulgarian? :unsure:

Guest bitroast

This might be a goldmine though if you happen to be interested in the scientific/philosophical aspect of music. All I'm interested in are good tunes and can only rely on my ears. I'm not saying that it's bad or anything. I appreciate that there's more in it than only the surface but in general I prefer music which makes me bounce my feet and clap my hands than creating an urge to write a paper about what I've just heard....Too vulgarian? :unsure:

lol i am not... i just happen to think it's good music.

Edited by bitroast