IGNORED

Burial - Rival Dealer

bubbhasdance

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

are you already done playing your juvenile passive aggressive drinking game? I was hoping you would keep that extremely hilarious meme going. Let me know when you'd like me to put you out of your misery with a santa claus hat used as a gag

merry christmas!

Let me start off that I like Burial's music. I wasn't really sure about this EP. Started out dark, hypered and daunting, became some weird christmas jingle in the end, and then of course that speech by Lana Wachowski at the very end. (Check out that speech. Very good speech.)

Idealistically, I always find myself supporting people who feel trapped in their body like that. In reality, however, I always flinch and have some kind of judgement ready for people. I even catch myself saying all kinds of horrible shit in my head when I see a black person. I don't know why I do that lol. Perhaps my initial reaction. It usually subsides within seconds.

Anyways, this EP: The story of Burial, a transgendered (sidenote: UK dictionary add-on doesn't know the word 'transgendered'. f---ing cis scum) man who couldn't and wouldn't accept that, sedated himself with drugs, but in the end found the courage to admit who he actually is.

I still found the EP pretty shitty though (5/10), but good on you William. Don't dabble dat nose in dem drugs no more.

I will admit it grew on me but then faded pretty quickly. almost feels like a novelty. in the future when I go through burial phases and fire through the catalog, this will certainly be the last one I reach for.

I had my first listen to this, this morning (this is my busiest time of the year, I can't wrap my head round new music until after xmas). I guess I'm an enthusiastic Burial fan, his new music would be in my top 10 for looking forward to.

This new release really fucked with my head, a very close friend of mine commited suicide last year, and I found myself quickly becoming an emotional wreck while it played. The music really began bringing all kinds of thoughts and images into my mind. At first I found this reaction really powerful, and something to behold as wave upon wave of feelings came over me. Feelings no other music has ever done to me since the incident.

But 5 minutes from the end (I guess that would be almost half way through the last track) I seriously had to shut it down because I was emotionaly drained and I actually couldn't hack it any more. I know I am pretty tired right now, which also might have something to do with it

So powerful stuff but I'm not sure in a good or bad way......

It made you feel something. Therefore it's art in its purest form if you ask me.

Appreciate the craft at least. And does music really always have to convey positive feelings?

Also, sorry to hear about your friend.

It made you feel something. Therefore it's art in its purest form if you ask me.

Appreciate the craft at least. And does music really always have to convey positive feelings?

Also, sorry to hear about your friend.

I'm on board with this. there's no doubting it's very emotive. that I can appreciate.

sorry about your boy too beerwolf. that sucks.

"come down to us" hitting the spot, feels like proper consolation for having just lost Gandalf to the balrog. vox recalling Lil' Wayne, at points.. enveloping swathe of vinyl static-crackle feels good though. "hiders" too short, title track still doesn't quite 'hit' yet. truant ep is the apex.

Guest transmisiones ferox

Mine vinyl came without plastic wrap, very dusty and also with little scratches on it, or is it should be without without plastic wrap?

Guest jasondonervan

Mine vinyl came without plastic wrap, very dusty and also with little scratches on it, or is it should be without without plastic wrap?

My copy was plastic wrapped (norman records)... where did you buy yours from?

Guest transmisiones ferox

My copy was plastic wrapped (norman records)... where did you buy yours from?

Bleep, just mailed them, maybe it's only bleep thing, will see

Archived