IGNORED

Burial - Rival Dealer

bubbhasdance

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Ron Manager

after many listens, i think this EP is a little hit and miss (NB my initial reaction was very positive). the first 7 min of Rival Dealer are good but nothing that's going to set the world on fire, but the last 3 are really beautiful, and i'd put that segment on par with UK as my favourite 'ambient Burial'. Hiders doesn't do a great deal for me. Come Down To Us is where it's at. i think it's the only one of the 3 that really works. it has everything i love about Burial. the samples and vocals all work for me, and the fractured beat is perfect. it doesn't feel like a 13-minute song at all. the section from about 7.42 is bewildering but stunning and so well crafted. i love it.

8/10.

Guest vletrmx

Beautiful music, beautiful message, dare I say beautiful storytelling. I'm perfectly fine with the (admittedly huge) cheese factor because this is just such a great record. Usurp the hater majority

Right, I've properly listened to this whilst waiting for my work to upload. At this time of day (6am) bizarrely I love almost everything I hear so thought it'd be a good time to hear to it without quickly dismissing it. And .....

It sounds like I'm listening to an album preview of 'Now that's what I call Power Ballads 17' through Kompakt's online media player

Not for me thanks.

Right, I've properly listened to this whilst waiting for my work to upload. At this time of day (6am) bizarrely I love almost everything I hear so thought it'd be a good time to hear to it without quickly dismissing it. And .....

It sounds like I'm listening to an album preview of 'Now that's what I call Power Ballads 17' through Kompakt's online media player

Not for me thanks.

Lol.

Maybe I confused my emotional breakdown the other day with enduring three terrible tunes :dry:

Heheh

flol

Maybe I confused my emotional breakdown the other day with enduring three terrible tunes :dry:

^See, I think that's exactly the kind of experience that inspired Rival Dealers and it's sound.

Who here is jealous of Burial's fame?

I am not....

I hope his next record is all cover songs.

Or something else completely different.

i was wrong you guys this album is indeed a masterpiece 1000/10

this is my absolute favorite track of the ep hands down

flol!

that track is ALMOST as bad as this burial EP.

Not for me thanks.

Lol.

Heheh

Beerboss you know I have internet love for ya bro but...

well...

this ep is not gourd. not goooouuuurddddddddddddd

Archived