IGNORED

Autechre - SYptixed

cear

Holy crap is there really eleven pages on this track?

But anyway I just wanted to say I've been listening to this a lot lately and it's so damned good. One of the best tracks they've done in years. I wonder if it was all software. Some of the changes between sections sounds like there could be some different recording qualities/instruments/effect chains being used.

I just wanted to say I've been listening to this a lot lately and it's so damned good. One of the best tracks they've done in years.

Agreed.

I think I was taking a WATMM break when this first came out, so I didn't give it a proper listen until I think around when elseq came out. So good. 

• 1 year later...

syptixed is great.

i always found it very similar to the jake mandell track beartrap! (from some old carpark-compilation); can't seem to find that one anywhere on the internet though. anyone know what i mean?

Hmmm, not hearing the resemblance.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 8 months later...
10 hours ago, monoppus said:

Yeah, absolute wicked track. The Pat Metheny/Fripp & Belew GR-300 type lead sound always satisfies. I wonder when it was made.

Hell yeah for Metheny/Fripp/Belew

This is one of my favorite Ae tracks - main rotation is springtime when I can finally open the windows will driving. The intro hits sweetly, plus it gets a good response from the normal people.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Syptixed would be one of my "Ae showcase for newbs" track. Just like Surripere. For people new to Ae, a perfect mix of experiment and tradition. And so interesting and creative. 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

And now let's remember Stop Look Listen, which was on another WARP sampler (WAP100, We are reasonable people). I remember WAP100 was a big thing and even covered on german music TV, Viva. I may still have a vhs tape recording.

That mid track surprise was just awesome at that time. Still loving it. Oh and the mystical, alien pad... Wonderful. I would say it was amongst the first tracks of them where they got creative with beat timing and deconstruction.

Edited by WurstPLUS
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, WurstPLUS said:

I would say it was amongst the first tracks of them where they got creative with beat timing and deconstruction.

Lol what? Have you heard confield?

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, WurstPLUS said:

Confield 2001, WAP100 1998. 

My bad, thought you were talking about syptixed, I should not post pre-coffee :crazy:

Edited by toaoaoad