IGNORED

Wu-Tang Clan - Once Upon a time in Shaolin

Nebraska

the funny thing, the guy who bought the record said he didnt even heard the album so far, waiting for a rainy day to listen with his girlfriend Taylor Swift ...

Even funnier is that he just got arrested for fraud and his lawyer hiked up his fee by 5000%

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/lawyer-for-martin-shkreli-hikes-fees-five-thousand-per-cent

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

the funny thing, the guy who bought the record said he didnt even heard the album so far, waiting for a rainy day to listen with his girlfriend Taylor Swift ...

Even funnier is that he just got arrested for fraud and his lawyer hiked up his fee by 5000%

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/lawyer-for-martin-shkreli-hikes-fees-five-thousand-per-cent

The Borrowitz Report column is satire ;)

The Borrowitz Report column is satire ;)
Too bad, but martin is in jail right now so maybe all hope isn't lost yet

http://www.bloomberg.com/features/2015-martin-shkreli-securities-fraud/

• 1 month later...

Yeah but that doesn't even make sense b/c even it's not like the one-of-a-kind article is on some re-writeable format (correct me pls if wrong), so were he to actually follow thru on his threat he'd have to destroy the original he just paid whatever fukloads of cash for

Yeah but that doesn't even make sense b/c even it's not like the one-of-a-kind article is on some re-writeable format (correct me pls if wrong), so were he to actually follow thru on his threat he'd have to destroy the original he just paid whatever fukloads of cash for

I'm guessing he'd release the album online sans GFK

Because the value isn't in the physical copy per se

But rather the (artificial) scarcity of the actual music

It's like if you had a thumbdrive with valuable information

The thumbdrive itself is still only worth $5 or whatever

It's worthless as soon as the content is copied

So there's nothing really special about the Wu Tang cd (is it a cd?)

If you copied it to a CD-R and then destroyed the original

I think (most of) the value would simply transfer over to the CD-R

Or something, I'm tired

It'd be hilarious if Shkreli replaced all of GK's bits with himself trying to rap about what a cool and clever guy he is, and then leaked it.

Edited by Gocab

I love how these hypotheticals because the demonstrate how arbitrary the idea of value is. What did he pay for it originally, $2 million? So say he wipes all of Ghost's verses and replaces them with his own (lol Gocab) and puts it on a cdr. How much would that fetch at auction, say if he burned the entire original artifact (walnut chest, leather bound case, etc.)? What if he just destroyed the original recording media (and not the other stuff) and replaced it with the cdr? What if the cdr also had a bunch of hairy cock'n'ball drawn on it by taylor swift and came with a holographic certificate of authenticity that kanye farted on it?

Well here's the thing:

As a Wu-Tang album, what you're describing wouldn't be worth shit

However, as a general cultural artifact, it'd be pretty interesting

There's a Japanese concept called 'kintsugi' whereby whatever damage (and subsequent repair) an artifact accumulates over its lifetime is part of its beauty

I'm guessing he'd release the album online sans GFK

Because the value isn't in the physical copy per se

But rather the (artificial) scarcity of the actual music

It's like if you had a thumbdrive with valuable information

The thumbdrive itself is still only worth $5 or whatever

It's worthless as soon as the content is copied

Or something, I'm tired

how about the value of the gold box the cd came inside with the leather bound 174 page book of lyrics?

Well here's the thing:

As a Wu-Tang album, what you're describing wouldn't be worth shit

However, as a general cultural artifact, it'd be pretty interesting

There's a Japanese concept called 'kintsugi' whereby whatever damage (and subsequent repair) an artifact accumulates over its lifetime is part of its beauty

Kinda like raw denim, which is also a popular Japanese thing. Get some dope fades breh.

• 9 months later...