IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

it amazes me that some people are annoyed these live tracks are on there because they have already heard them, even if the tracks havent changed much they are still going sound so much better in proper quality and all of them are as lush as fuck!

I'm not annoyed that these tracks are on the new release. I just don't want them to be the best tracks on it seeing as I've listened to them forever & thus will lack any major surprise. I wanted 100% surprise for purely selfish reasons. I would agree that the mixes are probably different to some degree & will undoubtedly sound a million times better. I'm hoping Joyrex's foreshadowing implies he's heard Syro somehow & the tracks we haven't heard are beyond the tracks already discussed. But, seeing as Rich has played those tracks in the past to an audience, I would venture to think those are the ones he feels are "best" & what is on the album may be less than.

In any case, we have 2 more albums to look forward to after Syro. :whistling:

(looks down from string holding the aphex blimp) ...(takes cigar out of mouth),..."it's gonna be good"

it amazes me that some people are annoyed these live tracks are on there because they have already heard them, even if the tracks havent changed much they are still going sound so much better in proper quality and all of them are as lush as fuck!

I'm not annoyed that these tracks are on the new release. I just don't want them to be the best tracks on it seeing as I've listened to them forever & thus will lack any major surprise. I wanted 100% surprise for purely selfish reasons. I would agree that the mixes are probably different to some degree & will undoubtedly sound a million times better. I'm hoping Joyrex's foreshadowing implies he's heard Syro somehow & the tracks we haven't heard are beyond the tracks already discussed. But, seeing as Rich has played those tracks in the past to an audience, I would venture to think those are the ones he feels are "best" & what is on the album may be less than.

It's amazing this stuff is 6-7 years old, but is groundbreaking and innovative as ever. You really have to admire Richard's dedication to his craft.

Well, not all are that old. He said that there are several new compositions, which I would take that to mean in the past few years.

And I totally admire his ears, he wouldn't be one of my favorites if not. Guy can put toons together (everybody has probably seen vid below, but Rich is a monster composer when you hear his shit in another light). As for craft, he's got that Axl Rose Chinese Democracy thing without being Axl Rose's Chinese Democracy.

[youtubehd]hHoU6OGQ0PU[/youtubehd]

srsly! is there any track from syro left that we haven't heard yet?

i mean, according to this thread this album will be the least surprise in the known history of electronic music

Fucking ace detective work, Jason - and if anyone's in doubt that the rest of the tracks won't hold up to the 'known' stuff he's played live... well, trust me - that's just the tip of the iceberg.

I knew you were secretly listening to the promo this whole time :emotawesomepm9:

I'm definitely going to listen to the youtube rips in retrospect so I can see what everyone was hankering on about, but only after I've heard the album in full about 100 times. I think I looped confederation trough and rushup bank 100s of times over- enough to want to hear slightly different edits of them

• The limited-edition version of SYRO will include an extra track printed in ink on heavyweight cardstock: “I tried it a few times, and it sounds like noise, but you can hear music in there, somehow.

pitchfork

http://pitchfork.com/news/56459-aphex-twin-speaks-on-his-new-album-being-sampled-by-kanye-more/

oh my aphex

Edited by jamesanderson

• The limited-edition version of SYRO will include an extra track printed in ink on heavyweight cardstock: “I tried it a few times, and it sounds like noise, but you can hear music in there, somehow.

pitchfork

http://pitchfork.com/news/56459-aphex-twin-speaks-on-his-new-album-being-sampled-by-kanye-more/

oh my aphex

lol

Excellent work Jason and others, I've updated the OP abit.

Also, frickin' sweet that he's getting into a period of new output. While we should all be more than grateful for this upcoming blessing, it's fucking great to hear there's even more goodness coming.

Edited by chim

"Fans were just so happy to get it, fucking hell. I've got thousands more like that at home. I should release all that stuff as well.”"

Each time I go back to it, I realize there were loads more tracks. So it started off like a double album, but I think it's about four albums' worth. So it's really hard to pull together. I just need Warp or someone to come around and say, ‘Come on, let's fucking get these things out.’ But they don't, so it's just up to me. And nobody else hassles me.”

omg richard what are you doing to me :):)

warp start hassling afx

Edited by Deer

pitchfork

oh my aphex

wtf that article. I look forward to further installments.

The whole thing is just really touching. When they reached that goal on Kickstarter and it kept going uppeople just wanting to give it money, even though they didn't need to do itit's like, Oh wow. Humanity is nice after all. Fans were just so happy to get it, fucking hell. I've got thousands more like that at home. I should release all that stuff as well.

RDJ is such a cock/ver10 tease

It's amazing this stuff is 6-7 years old, but is groundbreaking and innovative as ever. You really have to admire Richard's dedication to his craft.

Well, not all are that old. He said that there are several new compositions, which I would take that to mean in the past few years.

And I totally admire his ears, he wouldn't be one of my favorites if not. Guy can put toons together (everybody has probably seen vid below, but Rich is a monster composer when you hear his shit in another light). As for craft, he's got that Axl Rose Chinese Democracy thing without being Axl Rose's Chinese Democracy.

[youtubehd]hHoU6OGQ0PU[/youtubehd]

Thank you for this.

James’ five-year-old son recently taught himself how to use a music software program that he downloaded off Pirate Bay and even uploaded some tracks to Bandcamp.

I have never been so excited about a five year old. /deadpan

James’ five-year-old son recently taught himself how to use a music software program that he downloaded off Pirate Bay and even uploaded some tracks to Bandcamp.

I have never been so excited about a five year old. /deadpan

:pedobear:

syro = \ˈsī ˈrō\

which pronunciation reminds me of:

sire = \ˈsī(-ə)r\

archaic : a man of rank or authority; especially : lord —used formerly as a form of address and as a title

anasyro? :cisfor:

I dont like Pitchfork as an review site but they seem to ask interesting questions for their interviews.

i´m so happy about this:

• SYRO features unintelligible vocals from James, his kids, his wife, and his parents. so he has more kids and again married ?

and THIS
  • James’ five-year-old son recently taught himself how to use a music software program that he downloaded off Pirate Bay and even uploaded some tracks to Bandcamp

Aphex Trible in the making !!!