IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

is there an explanation why he kills rephlex ?

Since he is a beloved father of 3 twins I suppose he does not have enough time to handle a record label.

Kids are not like drummachines you just cant switch them on and off.

A part of it is explained in the interview: the money lost on the Analords release (for example). Just the manufacturing of the binder was between 80-90 pounds a piece so they lost on that big time. He notes there are more reasons the label is now defunct, but they aren't mentioned yet.

yeah but he sold the analord stuff aswell

is there an explanation why he kills rephlex ?

Since he is a beloved father of 3 twins I suppose he does not have enough time to handle a record label.

Kids are not like drummachines you just cant switch them on and off.

A part of it is explained in the interview: the money lost on the Analords release (for example). Just the manufacturing of the binder was between 80-90 pounds a piece so they lost on that big time. He notes there are more reasons the label is now defunct, but they aren't mentioned yet.

yeah but he sold the analord stuff aswell

If I remember correctly, the binder was sent out with one record (Analord 10) and was sold for about 40 pounds. I'm not sure on the amount of binders that were sold, but even taking the massive succes of the whole limited Analord series into account, the profits couldn't have been very high.

Perhaps Rephlex stopped being a recordlabel and morphed into something else. Eitherway, much respect. One of the dopest labels ever

I've been holding that opinion for a while now because of all the non-facts out there, but this new tidbit doesn't help... Let's hope you're right :wink:

And welcome btw!

Guest BunnyRabbit

Didn't the original thing say the binder would be leather? I mean, no-one was too fussed when it wasn't but, y'know, it seems like they were getting a bit carried with it all. Losing all that cash is such a shame.

And I didn't even get mine. (Order 451, where are you?) I would have paid in full too.

awesome interview with oor so far, i wil buy the magazine for the first time just for this lol

it's sad about rephlex, but Rich didn't say it was RIP

and fucking lol about the cover of Syro, he opens a gossip magazine, reads that kanye puts golden toilets in his mansion, finds a shampoo sample next to it and goes "OMG HOW MUCH WOULD IT NOT COST TO MAKE THIS SHIT "??

i like the cover a lot more now :biggrin:

wow and i wanna know what's in the fucking box, he says its gonna be worth the $$$!!

awesome interview with oor so far, i wil buy the magazine for the first time just for this lol

and fucking lol about the cover of Syro, he opens a gossip magazine, reads that kanye puts golden toilets in his mansion, finds a shampoo sample next to it and goes "OMG HOW MUCH WOULD IT NOT COST TO MAKE THIS SHIT "??

wow and i wanna know what's in the fucking box, he says its gonna be worth the $$$!!

what box? the limited edition vinyl?

what box? the limited edition vinyl?

you lied, your a fucking liar

yeah man the box! he wanted to do something that's worth the cash, probably some gold with the afx sigil on it

Edited by Ivan Ooze

I have at least 30-40 Cd's and vinyls from Rephlex and it really sucks if they going down but anyway..

APHEX TWIN: SYRO 2014!!!

iRephlex is not going down unless Grant W-C is taking care of his f'cking buisness in the right way.

Edited by cern

Also if there is ever a release of a "Making of Windowlicker"-video I would be so glad, that music video is a masterpiece.

There are pictures floating about of Richard on set in Los Angeles where they filmed it playing chess...

Can't remember that one! I did found these though:

Yeah, there was one with him sitting with his head on his hand, Thinker-like, staring at a chessboard with the Californian sunset as a backdrop... I have it somewhere in my archives, I'm sure, or it was on the director-file website...

well can't say i'm surprised. but I was getting hopeful because rephlex had a good 2013. go out with a bang I guess!!

SO DOES THIS MEAN NO MORE BOGDAN?????????? boggy i need u

i wish i knew of a way to guilt bogan into making us a new album, i have mentioned doing a self release on bandcamp and he said he'd think about it.

he takes forever to think =/

well can't say i'm surprised. but I was getting hopeful because rephlex had a good 2013. go out with a bang I guess!!

SO DOES THIS MEAN NO MORE BOGDAN?????????? boggy i need u

i wish i knew of a way to guilt bogan into making us a new album, i have mentioned doing a self release on bandcamp and he said he'd think about it.

he takes forever to think =/

I believe it was on Bogdans facebook in february that he was working on a new album?

The reason he gave to me for shutting down rephlex, last june(?) was a mixture of the amount of time its been in existence, and going out while you're still on top.

Edited by messiaen

The reason he gave to me for shutting down rephlex, last june(?) was a mixture of the amount of time its been in existence, and going out while you're still on top.

interesting fact here, messiaen, but can make it perfectly clear - has grant said it or richard? thx

so you guys still have no clue about "fake" richrd account, is that right? this time he nailed it perfect i guess

Edited by Mag

Guest bitroast

sorry if its offtopic but does someone have the swinging piano track from barbican London ?

"they" took it down from youtube :(

taken down from youtube???? that sounds like a good thing! a sign, even!!

a good hour long audio file was posted a few pages back but I can't find it atm because this thread is insane (at least. I think it was this thread...)

A bit more to it than that, but essentially, yes.

sorry if its offtopic but does someone have the swinging piano track from barbican London ?

They probably realized they can make money off a release and capitalize on the SYRO hype.

Guest bitroast

They probably realized they can make money off a release and capitalize on the SYRO hype.

which "they" are we talking about?

the piano track is still here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJHsT8kEyzs

(as well as soundcloud above. thanks for reposting Kavinsky!)