IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

btw he haven't actually said Tuss was him, right? Because if we read interview, he only says bout his last record was released in rephlex, and the thing with [tuss] is just interviewer ideas on what was actually released, like [grant wilson claridge] later in text. it's like translator's edit in books, you got idea. thx to organka

Mag.

read the rules.

A video from one of their Rephlex Assault tours

I still have the 10,8MB RealMedia file for that video that was up on Rephlex.com! PM me if interested ;D

I wonder if there is anyone forgotten hard drive or videotape anywhere in the world that holds a higher quality copy of it...

Honestly I don't care that much about Syro now that I know Rephlex is supossedly going down. Very dissapointed. Im going to be in a sad mood while listening to the album. I've been following the label for 15 years, lots of hidden gems on there, some of the weirdest shit next to some of the cheesiest shit next to some of the highest quality shit, plus the up and coming new signups: Wisp, JK, EOD, Dave Monolith, Steinvord... the former two just started with killer releases. I guess we'll never see the digital Steinvord release now... I can't find music like that anywhere else. I wish Richard gave a big "fuck you" to the industry and released his new album on Rephlex, even if it meant less exposure. His name is powerful enough now that he would still generate tons of profits. It would help lots of unknown people on there as well since as a result they would check out the label catalogue more than if he continues putting out the major stuff in Warp, which has a lot of crappy artists and the rest are stablished already. They wanted Drukqs on Rephlex after all. Would've loved to see his masterpiece being released on Rephlex which is a much more real and intimate label than Warp. I guess Richard has to sell himself off a bit to gain bigger exposure, he has kids to feed now I guess...

Honestly, as logically as you might think that would work, the reality is you need a lot of capital to release a record properly - there are so many incidental costs associated with releasing something, that unless you have coffers capable of absorbing those costs, it quickly becomes unsustainable to continuously release things, and give each release the same level of exposure, promotion, etc. AND turn somewhat of a profit.

Also: Where did you hear or get that DruKQs was ever considered for Rephlex? AFAIK, it was always going to come out on WARP, to satisfy the Warner Bros advance, and fulfil the terms of the contract with WARP.

And I hardly think Richard is "selling himself off" - the man hasn't released any music in over 7 years - hardly skint, I would imagine.

even if its not him i hope you like it, kind people <3
rules the read

That's a pretty good mix, though. I haven't had a chance to listen to the whole thing (I gotta run), but I liked what I heard.

Sells Analord binder for a massive loss, closes own label.

Sells new limited edition version of album for 200 quid, keeps half of profits

The Analord binder had nothing to do with Rephlex closing... that was in 2005! It lasted another 8 years after that! 2+2 = derp

sorry if its offtopic but does someone have the swinging piano track from barbican London ?

"they" took it down from youtube :(

They probably realized they can make money off a release and capitalize on the SYRO hype.

which "they" are we talking about?

the piano track is still here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJHsT8kEyzs

(as well as soundcloud above. thanks for reposting Kavinsky!)

They being WARP or the Barbican - I know I would pay for a nice Blu-Ray of the performance...

I dunno, if he buys as many tunes [on beatport or juno] and synths and other shit he talks about in interviews, how many gigs a year - agent fees and tax and other stuff.

Possibly he has other addictions to go along with the shopping [drugs, pron, gambling, whatever] and is always living hand to mouth.

I'd like to think so.

Considering the artwork and the amounts of money on it- is there an explanation yet?

for these amounts being so low? How should they be interpreted?

My theory is that what's on the cover is what you paid for it, you know, the sum of all the expenses divided by the amount of copies made or something?

How would this work with digital releases?

I don't know...

Edited by borys

Considering the artwork and the amounts of money on it- is there an explanation yet?

My theory is that what's on the cover is what you paid for it, you know, the sum of all the expenses divided by the amount of copies made or something?

I don't know...

That's right - the amounts are divided by the amount of pressings done... as far as I know.

I don't know...

That's right - the amounts are divided by the amount of pressings done... as far as I know.
beautiful concept

Now this one is more intriguing because it was uploaded weeks before the announcement and is the only video on the channel.

:music:

Joyrex manifests his enjoyment for this fleak. What does it mean??

Here's 2 dedications to Rephlex, if it is now indeed de-funked:

A video from one of their Rephlex Assault tours

and my upload of the classic Rephlex Radioshow

Do you remember when Rephlex had a video section on their website? They also had a pretty comprehensive page for each artist on the label. Those were the days. That's where I first saw Psultan and No Rap No Rock...Lektrogirl, you so cool!

Was that the Gonzi designed Rephlex page with the Gundam on it? I'm not sure why I don't remember videos on it. The only bit of media I remember from that was that weird call in show where that guy talked about windows, haha.

Sorry about the annoying triple post. The internet just threw up.

Was that the Gonzi designed Rephlex page with the Gundam on it? I'm not sure why I don't remember videos on it. The only bit of media I remember from that was that weird call in show where that guy talked about windows, haha.

This had to be circa '98 or '99 maybe 2000 that I am talking about. I think i was in high school.

They were real media downloads I believe.

So hazy.