IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

Contact review: 4.5/5

http://www.contactmusic.com/album-review/aphex-twin-syro

Apparently the standard review is one-increment-below-max/max, with the deduction being because it isn't "innovative" enough, despite the fact that it'd have gotten half that score if it were "innovative" enough.

on reddit

"Yesterday when I went to my record store to reserve my copy of Syro, the owner of the place told me that when he calls me on Saturday to let me know that it is in the store, he's going to tell me about something else that will be available either on the same day or soon after.

He told me that he's not allowed to say anything about what it might be..."

on reddit

"Yesterday when I went to my record store to reserve my copy of Syro, the owner of the place told me that when he calls me on Saturday to let me know that it is in the store, he's going to tell me about something else that will be available either on the same day or soon after.

:DDDD

on reddit

Melodies from Mars.. Joyrex's avatar was a clue

on reddit

Melodies from Mars.. Joyrex's avatar was a clue

Oh god I fucking hope not. That better be totally reworked.

on reddit

i think we all know he meant his penis mate.

on reddit

I want to touch it.

on reddit

i think we all know he meant his penis mate.

lul

With the badger thing having the old warp logo, MFM would make a lot of sense. Also fits in with the time period, because that badger thing reminds me of the 'On' video aesthetic. Also, joyrex avatar. Maybe it's nothing, idk. I'm already happy as a pig in shit with this syro release, more imminent shit would make my millennium.

Guest Jbrace1970

The only track that keeps it from a 10 for me is the syro track, I just can't get into it, everything else is perfect

if you slow it down to 115bpm its becomes a very funky little number

Guest bitroast

also, sydney folks - usagi,me and a few friendly peeps will be hanging here listening to it tomorrow at my place in enmore. if you wanna come check it out with us and play some gta pm me, even if you're just lurking and wanna meet some afx fans in the area. we're all nice peeps and look forward to meeting yall

dang, that sounds great. I reckon we (ie. myself and bitroast) will do a Melbourne vinyl listening party when I get back from Japan.

yess nothing organised yet but this will happen :)

The only track that keeps it from a 10 for me is the syro track, I just can't get into it, everything else is perfect

if you slow it down to 115bpm its becomes a very funky little number

I think that's what makes this stuff so freaking good. I sped up CIRCLONT6A and it sounded so much like a cut from Drukqs. Replay value galore!

I was going to give this album a 5/5 or a 10/10 or a 1/1 but I realized it wasn't innovative and didn't change music forever as we know it for about six months so I decided to give it a 0/14 since the lack of innovation somehow preys upon my enjoyment of the fucking frequencies that are coming out of the speakers.

I also didn't wear socks while it was playing so gonna bump that down to -2/14.