IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

Man it's good!

I drank three beers and then ordered the album from the bar and went home, made a cup of tea, opened a box of Italian chocolates and just sat and listened to it the whole way through without distraction.

Then I read all the text on the cover and then I downloaded it illegally and listened to it again on the computer.

Man it's good.. Maaaaan!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdlYiBmb2Y8

ive been listening nonstop to this album and it's really REALLY warmed up to me, it's gone from a 6.5 to maybe a solid 9. xmas_evet10 in particular is astonishingly beautiful. and just when i think the excitement is over, i realise i still haven't heard the japanese bonus track. can't wait for that.

Some of the fanboy gushing is really cringeworthy. It's just music ffs, or as your messiah said frequencies, not some life changing panacea.

Music has the power to change lives. RDJ's music did change my life in a way. It makes you think differently, can change the people you hang out with, the WAY YOU FEEL. Lots of different artists' music have changed me throughout my lifetime. It's helped me get out of several states of depression. I mean, you make music, too, right? What would you say if someone told you that they heard your tracks and it helped them get out of a bad situation? Would you tell them that made you cringe?

If someone said that I wouldn't release music (I don't make music) for 13 years :P. Maybe I am jaded and all that and rarely go for hyperbole and reacted to some of these comments. If music feels life changing then yay for you. I've had great enjoyment from music and it has no doubt enhanced my life. But life changing, not in my case other than I've been posting here for over 10 years if that counts (how sad). Maybe that will happen in the future, but doubtful as I don't tend to get super excited about things anymore.

I was also never a huge Aphex fan and I just don't get what's so mindblowingly great about this new album. It's still a good album made by someone who knows their shit and has cultivated a sound of their own, but there are other artists that I could say the same about them.

Edited by azatoth

So much warmer and richer than Ufabulum, don't you think? I mean I loved Ufabulum, but this is next-gen in terms of sound. All these textures that come alive...

on the surface it felt more like Ufabulum than I ever expected from Aphex, but after more listens it sounds smoother like Analord, especially the tracks with a lot of fast paced synth melodies. At first I was thrown off by the compression on the whole album but now I'm used to it. IT makes me wonder who mastered Analord, because it sounds like it has a much lighter touch in terms of compression. Syro sorta sounds like (just from a textural perspective) if Analord's kick and snare drums were made to sound really snappy and and punctuating the entire mix's dynamic range.

Guest jasondonervan

Just got a mail from Bleep this morning telling me my order with them has been dispatched. Yesterday.

iSNsEtUHLs81x.gif

*sits on the doormat, stares at the front door*

So much warmer and richer than Ufabulum, don't you think? I mean I loved Ufabulum, but this is next-gen in terms of sound. All these textures that come alive...

on the surface it felt more like Ufabulum than I ever expected from Aphex, but after more listens it sounds smoother like Analord, especially the tracks with a lot of fast paced synth melodies. At first I was thrown off by the compression on the whole album but now I'm used to it. IT makes me wonder who mastered Analord, because it sounds like it has a much lighter touch in terms of compression. Syro sorta sounds like (just from a textural perspective) if Analord's kick and snare drums were made to sound really snappy and and punctuating the entire mix's dynamic range.

I could imagine that the Analords being mastered for vinyl makes a difference compared t how the digital files (and CD) of Syro are mastered, assuming you are listening to the digital files.

I find it quite cheeky of warp to add on the cost of the CWLP download codes purchases to this release price. its only £0.00124 but still.

might send them an invoice for my electric bill for listening to their shit amongst other things

Wait, do the cards actually give access to any exclusive content?

not that it says or i can tell. just got my vinyl and the card. it just says to take the card and the receipt to the store i purchased from to pick up my album !?!

Guest jasondonervan

^ Noice

Postie just been and went, nothing from either Bleep or Norman. Might see a delivery van (usually for bigger parcels), but not holding my breath. Bah.

^ Noice

Postie just been and went, nothing from either Bleep or Norman. Might see a delivery van (usually for bigger parcels), but not holding my breath. Bah.

mine came in the van. hold on in there jd