IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

completely white gatefold, track information on each inner sleeve with the equipment list on the back of the third one.

I am slightly disappoint. but I guess it's committed to the receipt/list theme

HOLY SHIT, hopefully that sign in the window hasn't made it sell out. I'll go tomorrow morning. thanks dude. EDIT: VINYL !! argh, cd's too ?

@Delet... They have the Syro vinyl in west end at Jet Black Cat if any use. 5525ca93ed66cbf573f483d80815284d.jpg

Album sounds overwhelming to me but not in a good way but that bad ufabulum kind of way

HOLY SHIT, hopefully that sign in the window hasn't made it sell out. I'll go tomorrow morning. thanks dude. EDIT: VINYL !! argh, cd's too ?

@Delet... They have the Syro vinyl in west end at Jet Black Cat if any use. 5525ca93ed66cbf573f483d80815284d.jpg

Loads of vinyl at rocking horse

4 bit is so fucking lush, i can't stop listening to it. it's perfect, the deep bass mixed with the airy sighs and bells. 1:39 - 1:53 is classic. it never stood out to me this much from the few times i've heard the minehead recording, but wow.

just heard it, sounds mental

it's a bit hard to take it all in on one listen, which of course I expected, and I'm glad of

sounded so good just like IDM grapes being crushed inside my brain

Fell asleep listening to it last night and it's obviously attacked my subconscious because now all the songs make complete sense to me. I love this thing!

If you're reading this, cheers Rich - you've made my year!

To whoever says they found the album disappointing:

giphy.gif

It doesn't have a groundbreaking new style, but I think with this album he put what was possible with this existing tuss-y anal style to a new extreme.

I am once again completely blown away by this man's compositional skills, the amount of emotions he manages to create with some simple baselines, the beats, those eerie vocals.

He's said in several interviews that this album was just to close it off and release the tracks people wanted to have released for years and he put a few more tracks on top that matched the style.

The album is mindblowing just through the quality and precision we'd all expect from Richard. I guess after so many years the expectations are so high it's almost impossible to meet them, but he definitely met mine. Syro is exactly what I expected, nothing more, but also not one fucking bit less.

If you were hoping for something less predictable, just wait, I'm pretty sure Richard is gonna release something to your liking sooner or later.

Lord Faphex is back in the game!

8-9/10

favourite tracks:

produk 29

XMAS_EVET10

CIRCLONT6A

syro v473t8+e (piezoluminescence mix)

s950tx16wasr10 (earth portal mix)

No leaks for me. I still have to wait 'till the 26th. I should get a true fan medal or something. Nah, just kidding. I guess I’m too lazy for pirating plus I want to get it as fresh as I can once I’m finally holding it in my dirty hands. I couldn't resist the samples though. For what I’ve gathered from you sweethearts Syro seems indeed to be more of a sequel to Tuss than to Drukqs just like I suspected. It also fits to my view of different Aphex periods and if there’s any truth in the interviews this will be the end of this current era before he moves into some new direction. Have to wait and see how radical changes there will be. Blah blah blah, enjoy Syro. I know I will.