IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

i think it depends on track. some of them, like minipops/180 are more or less the same as 6 years old, but he didn't need to bend them too much, cause they already fit perfectly...some of tracks are really connected, maybe they were just part of one big jam at the time, and some im sure he edited to be more fitting to album atmosphere...i like that every track is so not like other but alike as a whole at the same time, perfect balance...i was kinda lost in first listens by how much in blends alltogether yet sooo different

from reddit's r/letstalkmusic, generally a big ol circlewank, but this is pretty good imo:

I think people who are off-put by the "accessibility" (that's of course relative to the ears of jaded avent-garde electronic fans), or rather "lack of innovation" are ignoring the subtle innovation Syro offers. These tracks are somehow impossibly intricate (for the most part) yet have room to show off each individual component, like a luxury wrist watch slightly taken apart to show each cog and spring moving in place. Of course, that doesn't mean these tracks are static. They subtly shift in tonal color and undulate, meaning they often don't sound like the same track two or three minutes in (a hallmark of good techno music, repetition that changes organically into something else).

from reddit's r/letstalkmusic, generally a big ol circlewank, but this is pretty good imo:

I think people who are off-put by the "accessibility" (that's of course relative to the ears of jaded avent-garde electronic fans), or rather "lack of innovation" are ignoring the subtle innovation Syro offers. These tracks are somehow impossibly intricate (for the most part) yet have room to show off each individual component, like a luxury wrist watch slightly taken apart to show each cog and spring moving in place. Of course, that doesn't mean these tracks are static. They subtly shift in tonal color and undulate, meaning they often don't sound like the same track two or three minutes in (a hallmark of good techno music, repetition that changes organically into something else).

Yep. This.

Sort of random. but am I the only when when listening to this, find it all of a sudden ok to indulge in any bad habits you have? (preface: I'm sort of a health freak.. yeah one of those, but when I sat down to listen to this with the best sound I could muster and solitude, I ordered the largest pizza I could find, guzzled soda.. and randomly took a nicorette lozenge.)

What? Are you a Mennonite? Sorry if I offended any Mennonite WATTMers.

Some of the fanboy gushing is really cringeworthy. It's just music ffs, or as your messiah said frequencies, not some life changing panacea.

Music has the power to change lives. RDJ's music did change my life in a way. It makes you think differently, can change the people you hang out with, the WAY YOU FEEL. Lots of different artists' music have changed me throughout my lifetime. It's helped me get out of several states of depression. I mean, you make music, too, right? What would you say if someone told you that they heard your tracks and it helped them get out of a bad situation? Would you tell them that made you cringe?

Guest White Calx

Hi everyone, Thought it was about time I signed up, I love reading the forum, its well funny.

Just wanted to say that I think syro is brilliant, some tracks haven't fully grown on me yet (circlont tracks and produk),but there are some real gems like 4 bit 9d, syro u473 and of course xmas evet10 which is definitely a classic. The last 3 or so minutes of syro u473 is one of the most beautiful things i've ever heard!

Edited by White Calx

Hi Pritchard D Jams... lol

But still, It may well be Him

Defending his craft, just like at the start of analord @ the planet mu forums

For me it's the quintessential aphex album,
To those who say it's not mind-blowing enough: how long have you been listening to aphex's music...?

One thing I didn't thought was possible is the melting of his old style with the new one...
And he did it, quite masterfully , quite wonderfully....

Suck Your Rotten Orifice

Hi Pritchard D Jams... lol

But still, It may well be Him

Defending his craft, just like at the start of analord @ the planet mu forums

he really shouldn't get on the forums, people toss around pejoratives much worse than "quite good". Could cave his head in and make him delete SAW3 out of sheer disgust with humanity, lol

I adore this album from start to finish. It is a true delight to listen to, i haven't been able to stop playing it in every free second i have.

I'm so excited to hear his future, less accessible releases. From the small amount of info he has divulged they sound like they are gonna blow us all away. I really hope something else gets released later this year!

I want a revival of his prolific old days, putting out new music faster than people can even evolve to keep up with.

Guest truhttub

Носочки!

It's "a grower, not a shower".

At first listen i was like "Hm, thanks for unreleased stuff anyway". It needs more listens. The junglist one is stuck in my head now.

My alternative Syro tracklist:

01- XmasEveT

02- Produk

03- 180db

04- Minipopd

05- Pspat4

06- 4bit

07- Fzpdeufitimestretch

08- Syrobonkus

09- Syro u474

10- Earth Portal

11- Aisatsana