IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

Guest jasondonervan

I retyped it, was going to post a screengrab but it had some work stuff on there I couldn't be bothered to cut out.

oh lol sorry. I was just having a bit of OCD at youtube there. Thought there was some irony in a multi-billion dollar company not getting the spelling in a standard form document correct...

I'm not trying to blow my own trumpet - anyone could have uploaded a video for that bonus Aphex track - but my impression is that a decent amount of Japanese CD versions were ordered off the back of it, as well as people legitimately purchasing digital downloads. Is what I do really that damaging to the artists, label or its subsidiary copyright hounds? There are people uploading the full album in a single video, and their content remains live. I mean seriously, what a fucking joke that is. I give enough respect by uploading a single track here and there, and that in turn warrants me getting hit with the banhammer?

I'm sorry to all those who subscribe/enjoy my channel, but I think I'm done in terms of sharing anything interesting/related to Warp in future.

I registered with that Japanese website and bought the digital download because I listened to your youtube video, and I'm obviously not alone.

You were an important minor part of the marketing loop that they didn't have to charge aphex for so therefore write about on the packaging. If you think about it labels used to pay record stations to hype their stuff, probably still do one way or another, this was that but free, part of team social network. Nwae.

I'm not trying to blow my own trumpet - anyone could have uploaded a video for that bonus Aphex track - but my impression is that a decent amount of Japanese CD versions were ordered off the back of it, as well as people legitimately purchasing digital downloads. Is what I do really that damaging to the artists, label or its subsidiary copyright hounds? There are people uploading the full album in a single video, and their content remains live. I mean seriously, what a fucking joke that is. I give enough respect by uploading a single track here and there, and that in turn warrants me getting hit with the banhammer?

I'm sorry to all those who subscribe/enjoy my channel, but I think I'm done in terms of sharing anything interesting/related to Warp in future.

I registered with that Japanese website and bought the digital download because I listened to your youtube video, and I'm obviously not alone.

Spot on, bonervan.

RIP BONERVAN

God I'm enjoy this new album so much, it makes me so happy, and it's so fucking cool! those next gen waveforms are delicious, God! it's amazing isn't it? :blush:

Edited by pera

Guest jasondonervan

Spot on, bonervan.

RIP BONERVAN

I reckon it's just sour grapes because I snooped out that bunch of tracks in the 'before-Syro times'

Not my fault they left the obvious breadcrumbs there to be followed :catrage:

Because I'm afraid I'm skipping on something and I want to make sure I "get" it

Let it go, mate. Leave the album away for a couple of months and come back to it with a fresh set of ears.

I awlays lsiten to it with an open mind and fresh new ears. Mostly because I always fall asleep after the 5th track.

When this happens to me, I usually never listen again to the album. I guess you persevere only because it's Aphex Twin?

I owe him the benefit of the doubt...

God I'm enjoy this new album so much, it makes me so happy, and it's so fucking cool! those next gen waveforms are delicious, God! it's amazing isn't it? :blush:

It is!

"Next gen waveforms" indeed!

Guest kymppinetti

Syro is bad 'while driving' album:
The case is practical.
You drive slowly, cos you want to hear as much ass you can. (not a bad thing really) I pity those behind me.
While listening, you're somewhere else than in the car.

Almost hit a unicorn.

After about 5 full listens this album is really coming together and starting to hit me now. Someone adroitly pointed out that Syro is more about appreciating the subtlety as opposed to drukQs where the sheer complexity comes to the fore. Now that my personal projections of what the new Aphex should sound like have faded away I am really starting to dig into this beautiful album!

After about 5 full listens this album is really coming together and starting to hit me now. Someone adroitly pointed out that Syro is more about appreciating the subtlety as opposed to drukQs where the sheer complexity comes to the fore. Now that my personal projections of what the new Aphex should sound like have faded away I am really starting to dig into this beautiful album!

Very nice way to put it! Drukqs was pretty much in your face, a bit cocky, like "forget about my last few albums, look at how programmingly complex, varied and unpredictable I can be!" This one I feel doesn't have anything to prove, it is a lot more subtle than Drukqs. I understand it when people say it all seems the same, not enough variations, etc. It's an album that needs your full attention before it reveals itself to you.