IGNORED

Clark - Clark (Nov. 3rd 2014)

lawrenke

I'm glad you guys are enjoying it. I can't get into it at all. The first track builds excitement brilliantly, but after that it falls entirely flat for me.

I'm on a different Clark wavelength from the consensus, because I loved Iradelphic and still listen to it. "Clark" is the first album of his I think is boring.

still eager to see where he goes after this. just not feeling this direction.

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest skytree

it seems a lot of the negative was off and building a bit of momentum before the album was even released : P

Yup. There always seems to be a load of pissy, whiney, whinging comments here on watmm. It's the territory. Let 'em get on with it and (try to) ignore 'em.

In my experience this probably means I should check the album out...always felt like Clark still had it personally. Sometimes great artists wander off for a bit to find new things, some of which we don't like right away, but are necessary stepping stones for future developments, and often merit appreciation if we listen without expectation. My two cents!

Guest trananhhung

It's much better than what I thought. The last track even if lovely sounds too much like Manual. Still, tracks don't sound fully realised. They're satelites of something bigger which is the album itself. It works as an album not on a track by track basis. Oh and fuck clio for trolling on Syro.

Guest trananhhung

Favourite tracks are Strenght, Snowbird and Everlane.

Hum, Hey Clark, what about an hour long ambient track sounding like the 3 pieces I just mentioned? :D

heh yea.

but the album is dope as fuck! can't wait to listen to it this winter with snow all around. it's perfect for that.

also, winter linn and banjo are two absolute beasts. def rank up there with his best stuff for me.

My tune... ;_;

(not as good recording but it's slightly different from the other recording)

;_;

I saw him on twitter talk about playing new stuff at this show. Don't know if he meant the album tracks he hasn't played yet or proper new stuff.

Unfurla sounds awesome live!

Finally got the LP. Classy!

post pics! mine isn't here yet...

Don't have a camera unfortunately, not even a smartphone :/

This pretty mich sums it up really, only I have CD.

Clark_LP1_480.jpg

I like how you can change Clark's face with the cardboard pics. Should try with one of a wheelchair :emotawesomepm9:

Also it comes with a simple yet cool sticker.

And for people who've been asking the question on this thread, this album has been mastered by Guy Davie. Same guy who mastered Feast/Beast and Superscope.

My tune... ;_;

(not as good recording but it's slightly different from the other recording)

;_;

I saw him on twitter talk about playing new stuff at this show. Don't know if he meant the album tracks he hasn't played yet or proper new stuff.

Unfurla sounds awesome live!

Finally got the LP. Classy!

post pics! mine isn't here yet...

Don't have a camera unfortunately, not even a smartphone :/

This pretty mich sums it up really, only I have CD.

Clark_LP1_480.jpg

I like how you can change Clark's face with the cardboard pics. Should try with one of a wheelchair :emotawesomepm9:

Also it comes with a simple yet cool sticker.

And for people who've been asking the question on this thread, this album has been mastered by Guy Davie. Same guy who mastered Feast/Beast and Superscope.

:duckhunt:

Guest jasondonervan

Oh, go on then.

ibdDOAZcTDaaFZ.jpg

Oh, go on then.

ibdDOAZcTDaaFZ.jpg

LOL

j6YGIEaPwy5Vs.jpg

i don't know guys, the snow crunching sounds like he is mobile. it is definitely not a rolling snow crunch.

But is that him walking ?

Guest trananhhung

My favourite track at the moment is Snowbird and I dont think that will change. There's something magical about it.

This is a solid album, There's a distance in you is my favourite track by far after first listen.

Guest trananhhung

Everlane... I take it all back, Clark. Sorry for being rude before. Thank you for delivering. This is the logical evolution of the Turning Dragon sound. You were lost after that album. But my door is open again. You can leave the underwear on the chair.

Everlane...

Archived