IGNORED

How does the World view America these days?

Rubin Farr

didn't listen but im assuming its some ai generated bullshit for bearded men on reddit who post photos of themselves BBQing, call themselves homesteaders because they grew some tomato plants in their backyard, & say "folks just need to chill out"

freedom being taken away on royal caribbean cruise. includes major NYC accent and minor heart attack

Edited by Nebraska

2 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

Ugh. This country is so fucked. If you really want to feel depressed, download the Nextdoor app and pick any random city to read how fucking dumb your average American is. Either that or look at the comments on any incident reported on the Citizen app. You will quickly lose all faith in humanity. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, J3FF3R00 said:

Ugh. This country is so fucked. If you really want to feel depressed, download the Nextdoor app and pick any random city to read how fucking dumb your average American is. Either that or look at the comments on any incident reported on the Citizen app. You will quickly lose all faith in humanity. 

can't lose what you don't have :cisfor:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, J3FF3R00 said:

I made the mistake of downloading Nextdoor, it’s just another bitchfest of Karens. turned the emails off.

”ALERT! - Unknown black man seen walking in neighborhood!”  FFS

• Like 2

Texas Senate has passed a bill to eliminate a requirement that public schools teach that the Ku Klux Klan and its white supremacist campaign of terror are “morally wrong”, including two dozen curriculum requirements dropped in the measure, along with studying Martin Luther King Jr.’s “I Have a Dream” speech, the works of United Farm Workers leader Cesar Chavez, Susan B. Anthony’s writings about the women’s suffragist movement, and Native American history.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/education/2021/07/16/texas-senators-approve-tougher-anti-critical-race-theory-bill-but-its-success-unlikely/

https://capitol.texas.gov/tlodocs/871/billtext/pdf/SB00003E.pdf#navpanes=0

• Facepalm 1

military men should not be vaccinated otherwise you will turn the "aggressive, type-A, testosterone filled men" into "army full of weenies that's gonna get crushed by China" after a study performed by type-A testosterone filled men in florida during a trump rally on liberals 

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

American power was indisputable in the 20th Century. The US helped win two World Wars, developed a resilient economy, and in 1991 emerged from the Cold War as the sole global superpower. But today the country is facing unprecedented polarization caused, in part, by wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, the 2008 financial crisis and the amplification of disinformation on social media. On GZERO World, Ian Bremmer asks former Obama Deputy National Security Adviser Ben Rhodes whether the American Century is truly over, or if there's anything we can do to restore the country's reputation as a "shining city upon a hill."

https://www.gzeromedia.com/gzero-world-with-ian-bremmer/is-american-democracy-in-danger

that editorial board worked real hard to come to those super tough conclusions. truly holding the fire of at least one tiny candle to the toes of the beast. they are changing minds with this article. i am certain that each person on the editorial board went home that afternoon (they deserved a short day, of course, pushing the limit as they did) and told their stay-at-home significant other all about it, and reminded them at least once that in fact, the Washington Post is owned by Jeff Bezos, mega zillionaire of Amazon itself. all editors of this board should be super proud of their 'opinions' shown here. they even snuck in a dig at systemic racism! they're solving problems left and right.

strong words they concluded with:

Policy reforms, starting now, could make it happen.

wow! policy reforms, STARTING NOW!, COULD make it happen! those policy makers and the uber rich americans who read this editorial board article are, i've heard, meeting now, all reacting powerfully to what this article exposed. the rich, it seems, have come to see the error of their ways. good job, editorial board of The Washington Post.

(no shit at you ignatius, just the sheer disconnect of reading that absolutely fucking pathetic and condescending writing in that article made me want to puke)

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, auxien said:

that editorial board worked real hard to come to those super tough conclusions. truly holding the fire of at least one tiny candle to the toes of the beast. they are changing minds with this article. i am certain that each person on the editorial board went home that afternoon (they deserved a short day, of course, pushing the limit as they did) and told their stay-at-home significant other all about it, and reminded them at least once that in fact, the Washington Post is owned by Jeff Bezos, mega zillionaire of Amazon itself. all editors of this board should be super proud of their 'opinions' shown here. they even snuck in a dig at systemic racism! they're solving problems left and right.

strong words they concluded with:

wow! policy reforms, STARTING NOW!, COULD make it happen! those policy makers and the uber rich americans who read this editorial board article are, i've heard, meeting now, all reacting powerfully to what this article exposed. the rich, it seems, have come to see the error of their ways. good job, editorial board of The Washington Post.

(no shit at you ignatius, just the sheer disconnect of reading that absolutely fucking pathetic and condescending writing in that article made me want to puke)

yeah.. i didn't read the article. just looked at the graph and thought "yeah well, duh.. we know it's something like that"  it's interesting that bezos owns the washington post. i wonder if the authors of that article will be used as rocket fuel or something. 

today the policy wonk elizabeth warren snarked that bezos forgot to thank all the americans who paid their taxes so something something he'd be able to blah blah blah. and then i wished she was still nailing banks and stuff as part of the consumer protection agency but that didn't actually happen because the agency had no teeth. if it did someone might've gone to jail after the financial collapse

i saw part of a bezos interview after he landed and he must've been having some post space zero G bald clarity because he said "all the polluting industries.. industries that create pollution.. they need to be moved to space" 

and i thought.. yeah man.. that makes total sense if you just came back from space and have a space boner and your answer for every problem is going to be SPACE and wtf is w/the cowboy hat you fuckn douche. 

• Haha 2

someone w/actual skills can probably do a better job.  i think his bald head would fit just right on there but i had to do a cowboy hat. 

hiWYv9h.jpg

• Haha 2