IGNORED

French mag Charlie Hebdo attacked by gunmen, 12 dead

Perezvon

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that article vastly overlooks the fact that each advanced country (of which France definitely is) has their own very advanced intelligence agencies. The article generally ignores the fact that the French government knows things too, and paints the NSA/FBI as definitely without a doubt able to dupe French intelligence.

I'm not suggesting that it's impossible for it to have been a false flag operation (which I doubt it was), but the suggestion in that article that it (if it was a false flag operation) was solely perpetrated by the American gov't is near sighted at best.

the french governement is totally unpopular. French unemployment reaches unprecedented level. the situation is catastrophic.

and now those fuckers call to "national unity"

i completely agree. i think many french would agree with that.

rT4pGDC.jpg

the french governement is totally unpopular. French unemployment reaches unprecedented level. the situation is catastrophic.

Even tho the government is, indeed, hated, I think the mobilization of people all across the country isn't just a matter of politics. It was so sudden (just like the attacks !), and so nice to see all those people walking down the streets yesterday and today, a lot of them proud of being french, maybe for the first time of their lives. I never saw such a collective power in France, where people are mostly selfish and tend to shit upon public institutions as soon as they can, but the last few days were breathtaking.

Call me optimistic or naive but that's my opinion :flower:

Even tho the government is, indeed, hated, I think the mobilization of people all across the country isn't just a matter of politics. It was so sudden (just like the attacks !), and so nice to see all those people walking down the streets yesterday and today, a lot of them proud of being french, maybe for the first time of their lives. I never saw such a collective power in France, where people are mostly selfish and tend to shit upon public institutions as soon as they can, but the last few days were breathtaking.

Call me optimistic or naive but that's my opinion :flower:

Fully agree with you mate!

In a week 25% of these people will call you a racist again when you go full free speech on them. the week after 34%. the week after that 56%. the week after that 85%

people are dumb. they forget.

edit

i wish you would be right though, and it's kinda heartwarming to see something like this, but the truth will probably be closer to my initial post :(

i don't like being a cynic per se

Post-colonialism seemed to have found a way of supporting large muslims populations peacefully in Europe for many decades, but, with Bush/puppet Blair kicking the fuck out of the hornets nest, all hell has broken lose.

I'm not defending any actions here, but, coming from an Irish family living in Britain, i can fully empathize w/the freedom-fighter/terrorist viewpoint schism. Would these people feel the need to create desperate acts of violence if they felt their own homelands werent under seige? A sad situation indeed considering France's correct unwillingness in following Bush/puppet Blair into Iraq initially in 2003 (and thats w/out going on abaaht Algeria).

At the same time, the kids from Cardiff who posted up IS videos of themselves chilling w/their Kalashnikovs in the sun, attended a mosque just behind my work office. SInce then the EDL have been there stirring it up as have other right-wing fringe nutters. What the moderate mosque attendees must think of all this is beyond.

Besides, its only a matter of time before troops will be back in-country in Iraq/Syria & then we could all find ourselves facing far more direct & lethal threats at home.

Hate the despair, not the religion.

Just like how serial killers prob wouldnt find the need to massacre large amounts of innocent people if they were just given more love & attention as kids right?

wrong,

you're confusing untreated mental illness with quasi-fascist violence promoted through religious divisions and absolute nowhere did i indicate that.

next,,,,,,

Post-colonialism seemed to have found a way of supporting large muslims populations peacefully in Europe for many decades, but, with Bush/puppet Blair kicking the fuck out of the hornets nest, all hell has broken lose.

I'm not defending any actions here, but, coming from an Irish family living in Britain, i can fully empathize w/the freedom-fighter/terrorist viewpoint schism. Would these people feel the need to create desperate acts of violence if they felt their own homelands werent under seige? A sad situation indeed considering France's correct unwillingness in following Bush/puppet Blair into Iraq initially in 2003 (and thats w/out going on abaaht Algeria).

At the same time, the kids from Cardiff who posted up IS videos of themselves chilling w/their Kalashnikovs in the sun, attended a mosque just behind my work office. SInce then the EDL have been there stirring it up as have other right-wing fringe nutters. What the moderate mosque attendees must think of all this is beyond.

Besides, its only a matter of time before troops will be back in-country in Iraq/Syria & then we could all find ourselves facing far more direct & lethal threats at home.

Hate the despair, not the religion.

Just like how serial killers prob wouldnt find the need to massacre large amounts of innocent people if they were just given more love & attention as kids right?

wrong,

you're confusing untreated mental illness with quasi-fascist violence promoted through religious divisions and absolute nowhere did i indicate that.

next,,,,,,

good try, Lane will visit his wisdom again shortly though

B7GThC1CQAA6d1a.jpg

I'd be more down with Charlie Hebdo if they viciously caricature serial killer Netanyahu exploiting this tragedy

that's the point. ALL those politics exploiting the tragedy. and the naive masses screaming "liberty" and "freedom of speech" or "France is back"

brace yourself : french/european patriot act incomin'

i've fallen out of love with Greenwald the past few months but I thought his article about it was pretty good (and echoes my own thoughts about it)

That Crumb interview offers some much needed reason and perspective to this i think, over here the US media is basically painting the French muslim population of being hugely supportive of ISIS and mostly totally radicalized and extremist. MSNBC was the only exception in the 24 hour news media coverage, but even they only devoted maybe 30 minutes out of an entire day to give voices to moderate muslim people.

B7GThC1CQAA6d1a.jpg

I'd be more down with Charlie Hebdo if they viciously caricature serial killer Netanyahu exploiting this tragedy

that's the point. ALL those politics exploiting the tragedy. and the naive masses screaming "liberty" and "freedom of speech" or "France is back"

is there any EU body discussion about such a thing? also didn't the UK also pass their own version of the patriot act following the 7/7 tube bombings?

just in case anybody forgot, George W Bush admitted that he ordered the deaths of almost a million people because God told him to do it

George Bush has claimed he was on a mission from God when he launched the invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq, according to a senior Palestinian politician in an interview to be broadcast by the BBC later this month.

Mr Bush revealed the extent of his religious fervour when he met a Palestinian delegation during the Israeli-Palestinian summit at the Egpytian resort of Sharm el-Sheikh, four months after the US-led invasion of Iraq in 2003.

One of the delegates, Nabil Shaath, who was Palestinian foreign minister at the time, said: "President Bush said to all of us: 'I am driven with a mission from God'. God would tell me, 'George go and fight these terrorists in Afghanistan'. And I did. And then God would tell me 'George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq'. And I did."

yeah i know it's easier to see people screaming 'allah akbar' after a beheading/shooting/bombing as terrifyingly crazy, we have to remember even the civilized people with the most advanced weaponry in the world are pretty fucking crazy too.

sit back & watch this fervour get callously manipulated

its all getting a bit "if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear",,,,,,,a lot of the main British press outlets have run editorials with references to Snowden/Assange (sp?) being proven utter fruit-loops in the last few days

not good, not good at all

B7GThC1CQAA6d1a.jpg

I would love to see next Charlie Hebdo's output speaking of that (I mean the not-really-caring-about-liberties-politicians) - would be massive.

I was happy to see one of the remaining writers said something like 'we vomit on you' to all the strangers around the world showing their support.

It's interesting though the way the west (especially America) latches on to controversial groups in places like France or Russia. Because of the lack of context and cultural understanding here, we project this concept of Pussy Riot being some kind of beacon of freedom, or that they believe in american values, etc. I'm sure a lot of people in America, if they spoke French and were familiar with Charlie Hebdo would have a much more reasonable and less base level reaction to the event.

Apparently the police commissioner in charge of investigating the Charlie Hebdo attack committed suicide?

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=ca3_1420860883

Can anyone confirm that its not a hoax? Liveleak isn't exactly a credible source...

I was happy to see one of the remaining writers said something like 'we vomit on you' to all the strangers around the world showing their support.

It's interesting though the way the west (especially America) latches on to controversial groups in places like France or Russia. Because of the lack of context and cultural understanding here, we project this concept of Pussy Riot being some kind of beacon of freedom, or that they believe in american values, etc. I'm sure a lot of people in America, if they spoke French and were familiar with Charlie Hebdo would have a much more reasonable and less base level reaction to the event.

geopolitical and geocultural context is so ridiculously extremely important.

It's so easy to project yourself onto another culture and say "this is wrong/right whatever" but really it depends on what paradigm you exist.

Things aren't always black and white but people don't really understand that...

No, the quote was about people like Geert Wilders who went all "I Am Charlie", a far-right winged anti-islam politician who Charlie Hebdo has always despised and critisized. The way you have written it makes it sound like the man despises the millions of people who show support, but the quote is about opportunistic politicians who Charlie Hebdo disliked, and vice versa, that are now wanting to be "friends".

Sorry to burst your happy bubble.

Guest fiznuthian

Apparently the police commissioner in charge of investigating the Charlie Hebdo attack committed suicide?

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=ca3_1420860883

Can anyone confirm that its not a hoax? Liveleak isn't exactly a credible source...

geopolitical and geocultural context is so ridiculously extremely important.

It's so easy to project yourself onto another culture and say "this is wrong/right whatever" but really it depends on what paradigm you exist.

Things aren't always black and white but people don't really understand that...

CHARLIE HEBADO NEVER FORGET

JANUARY 9, 15

USA_240-animated-flag-gifs.gif

No, the quote was about people like Geert Wilders who went all "I Am Charlie", a far-right winged anti-islam politician who Charlie Hebdo has always despised and critisized. The way you have written it makes it sound like the man despises the millions of people who show support, but the quote is about opportunistic politicians who Charlie Hebdo disliked, and vice versa, that are now wanting to be "friends".

Sorry to burst your happy bubble.

lol, you didn't burst my 'happy bubble', but thanks for correcting me. I like what he had to say overall (reading the interview again).

Archived