IGNORED

French mag Charlie Hebdo attacked by gunmen, 12 dead

Perezvon

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whilst you guys are posting opinion pieces.

One by pepe (it was done perhaps to punish france for supporting palestine & suggesting lifting sanctions off russia, handy that they had the details of who did it ready to go straight away, all this surveillance state apparatus and yet they didn't stop it, was it really those people etc).

One by meyssan (super professional operation, bit strange that they shot the cop in the head when he was already down, why didn't they destroy the office with all the offensive material if they were so incensed etc).

Both suggest that it was a divide and rule operation.

Post-colonialism seemed to have found a way of supporting large muslims populations peacefully in Europe for many decades, but, with Bush/puppet Blair kicking the fuck out of the hornets nest, all hell has broken lose.

I'm not defending any actions here, but, coming from an Irish family living in Britain, i can fully empathize w/the freedom-fighter/terrorist viewpoint schism. Would these people feel the need to create desperate acts of violence if they felt their own homelands werent under seige? A sad situation indeed considering France's correct unwillingness in following Bush/puppet Blair into Iraq initially in 2003 (and thats w/out going on abaaht Algeria).

At the same time, the kids from Cardiff who posted up IS videos of themselves chilling w/their Kalashnikovs in the sun, attended a mosque just behind my work office. SInce then the EDL have been there stirring it up as have other right-wing fringe nutters. What the moderate mosque attendees must think of all this is beyond.

Besides, its only a matter of time before troops will be back in-country in Iraq/Syria & then we could all find ourselves facing far more direct & lethal threats at home.

Hate the despair, not the religion.

I don't understand how they think the can kill them either, but i'm sure they could do a good job tracking them down with the amount of social media terrorists use. I think they meant find em, track em, then send in the expendables to kill em.

I don't understand how they think the can kill them either, but i'm sure they could do a good job tracking them down with the amount of social media terrorists use. I think they meant find em, track em, then send in the expendables to kill em.

I can't imagine they (anonymous) would be doing anything that US intelligence isn't already, or be any more capable for that matter?

Intelligence without a doubt is plugged into social media and is tracking them as best as is possible. Know what I mean? Anything anonymous would do would probably be redundant.

I can't imagine they (anonymous) would be doing anything that US intelligence isn't already, or be any more capable for that matter?

You clearly haven't watched enough generic action films. The government always hook up with a turbonerd basement dweller who outhacks any of their best dudes and uses his 1337 hacking prowess to assist them to glorious victory.

"freedom fighter"

:facepalm:

the full statement said "freedom-fighter/terrorist viewpoint schism".....its a time-honoured concept that every conflict has opposing ideologies, not that i condone such actions in this instance in France or see them directly as the actions of freedom-fighters.

take one emotive word out of context and you can misunderstand any numbers of things in life

The situation still is pretty tense in Paris since yesterday. I've been hearing police sirens pretty much non stop for two days and a whole half of my subway line was closed tonight "for security matters". I hope nothing bad happens tomorrow during the march (that i'm not gonna attend because I won't be in Paris)...

And why do you think it's political propaganda? I would agree if you'd call it a bit hypocritical because there have been numerous reasons (for years) to protest for freedom, but only now, when it comes close and is directed at some institution that's part of the media/public space, it gets big (instead of violence against women for instance). But propaganda?

yes propaganda.

the french governement is totally unpopular. French unemployment reaches unprecedented level. the situation is catastrophic.

and now those fuckers call to "national unity"

the french governement is totally unpopular. French unemployment reaches unprecedented level. the situation is catastrophic.

and now those fuckers call to "national unity"

i completely agree. i think many french would agree with that.

Post-colonialism seemed to have found a way of supporting large muslims populations peacefully in Europe for many decades, but, with Bush/puppet Blair kicking the fuck out of the hornets nest, all hell has broken lose.

I'm not defending any actions here, but, coming from an Irish family living in Britain, i can fully empathize w/the freedom-fighter/terrorist viewpoint schism. Would these people feel the need to create desperate acts of violence if they felt their own homelands werent under seige? A sad situation indeed considering France's correct unwillingness in following Bush/puppet Blair into Iraq initially in 2003 (and thats w/out going on abaaht Algeria).

At the same time, the kids from Cardiff who posted up IS videos of themselves chilling w/their Kalashnikovs in the sun, attended a mosque just behind my work office. SInce then the EDL have been there stirring it up as have other right-wing fringe nutters. What the moderate mosque attendees must think of all this is beyond.

Besides, its only a matter of time before troops will be back in-country in Iraq/Syria & then we could all find ourselves facing far more direct & lethal threats at home.

Hate the despair, not the religion.

Just like how serial killers prob wouldnt find the need to massacre large amounts of innocent people if they were just given more love & attention as kids right?

Archived