IGNORED

Celebrity Deaths

Herr Jan

Comparing him to nickleback is seriously fucking reaching, man...

Puddle of Mudd?

Pearl Jam?

Ed Sheeran?

:shrug:

More like,

Ian Curtis

Bradley Nowell

and, as cliche as it's become,

Kurt Cobain

Closest comparison I can think of for someone who's still living? ... Anthony Kiedis

Edited by impotentwhitecapitalist

this is the only emo trap song I'll ever need

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yYRr-3ViIQ

Span, my man. Lil pain is great!

He collaborated with Peep on 3 occasions, allow me to share those occasions...

https://youtu.be/THl_A6sJRE4

https://youtu.be/G-JprkwcCEk

https://youtu.be/Y-A8oU1LF3c

?

Puddle of Mudd?

Pearl Jam?

Ed Sheeran?

More like,

Ian Curtis

Bradley Nowell

Kurt Cobain

Closest comparison I can think of for someone who's still living? ... Anthony Kiedis

6003d494eca68e28c39d8a0154f6c3f5--commen

Yuppp I'm not talking about how he sounds but vibes and generational infuence. You guys are so disconected from the worlds youth cultures to see hes an icon to a younger generation

Puddle of Mudd?

Pearl Jam?

Ed Sheeran?

More like,

Ian Curtis

Bradley Nowell

Kurt Cobain

6003d494eca68e28c39d8a0154f6c3f5--commen

The correct answer is obviously Layne Staley

Made noise about drugs to make money = capitalizing off it. Doesn't matter if he was talking positive or negative about them.

RE drugs/addiction/depression etc - pretty sure I'd be the last one that needs an education in that lol. 

I have some xanax right here actually, from my doctor. The fentanyl free kind.

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

that's besides the point. You said he didn't capitalize off it, but he did. 

Anyhow I'm far less principled about this whole topic than you are making it out to be - I don't like the shitty shit emo nickleback music, and calling people closed minded for not like it like IWC did, is silly. That's all there is to it really.

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

I don't know enough of his music to make a judgement on that tbh, so in that respect I'm definitely making assumptions based on what I read elsewhere. 

Hopefully his death sent a message to his fan base (which is apparently fairly young?) about street drugs, current opiate crisis and all that. 

I wonder how WATMM would react to the news of a 21-year-old kid dying from fentanyl-laced xanax, if it was just some random kid? Would you crack edgy jokes and say that trashy people deserve to die trashy deaths? Or are you only saying that stuff because he made music that you don’t like and had managed to build an audience? I can see how criticism against his image could be valid, as it could be seen as irresponsible promotion of bad lifestyle choices, but I don’t see how straight up disrespecting the loss of this person's life would ever be even remotely okay. Besides, doesn’t it compensate at all for the potential damage he’s caused that he publicly died of a drug overdose? I understand that similar deaths have become something of an epidemic in the US recently because drugs laced with extremely potent opioids have become more common and people don’t test their drugs. This will almost certainly help promote caution when it comes to that stuff. Just my 0.02 USD. 

EDIT: Didn't point this out originally because its irrelevance was relevant to my point but I don't like his music either, although I've heard worse. I also watched an interview with him and he actually seemed like a pretty comfy guy, despite being into some dumb shit. RIP.

Edited by Pipenik

I understand that there’s been something of an epidemic of similar deaths in the US recently because drugs laced with extremely potent opioids have become more common and people don’t test their drugs.

What's the point of this from a business standpoint, to breed a double addiction in your buyers so that they want more of the drug? 

The price disparity in opiates and street benzos is pretty large, so I guess using a dab of fent in that amount to get them double-hooked gets made up in the added frequency of people buying and turns around to be cost-efficient?

Or are the dealers simply doing it so that their (dirt cheap) drugs are seen as being the most 'potent' around and thus upping their rep?

I'm fine BCM, thanks tho, had a rough 2017 and lil peeps music helped me through. I'm just grateful to his work, and trying to spread the love, cause its a love with his music. 

Edit: ALL LOVE*

<3<3<3 Edited by ManjuShri

I understand that there’s been something of an epidemic of similar deaths in the US recently because drugs laced with extremely potent opioids have become more common and people don’t test their drugs.

What's the point of this from a business standpoint, to breed a double addiction in your buyers so that they want more of the drug? 

The price disparity in opiates and street benzos is pretty large, so I guess using a dab of fent in that amount to get them double-hooked gets made up in the added frequency of people buying and turns around to be cost-efficient?

Or are the dealers simply doing it so that their (dirt cheap) drugs are seen as being the most 'potent' around and thus upping their rep?

Well, this is the first time that I'm properly looking into this matter but apparently fentanyl and its analogues have been more accessible to dealers than genuine heroin recently, they're cheaper and easier to produce. A part of the problem could be just due to improper handling and accidental contaminations because these substances are lethal in such small doses, an amount smaller than a grain of salt of carfentanil for example is enough to kill an adult. Pretty scary stuff. 

OR IT COULD BE THE GOVERNMENT EXERCISING POPULATION CONTROL

lol

I'm trying to feel neutral here, I will forgive someone for almost anything that they do whilst they're young but some of these reactions are jokes. I checked out his music when I heard of his passing and would be genuinely intrigued to see which of his lyrics have been helpful or inspiring. From the handful of tracks I listened to it didn't go deeper than taking pills, getting money and trying it with birds.

Edited by tec

From the handful of tracks I listened to it didn't go deeper than taking pills, getting money and trying it with birds.

Yeah... I know these are kind of the bog-standard hip hop tropes, but if you don't offer anything beyond that then what is the point?