IGNORED

Celebrity Deaths

Herr Jan

truth about peep ( i checked a few tracks out) ... people love the fucked up artist type, like cobain. we don't listen to them because they are into drugs but because they are addicted to drugs their lyrics have a strength to them. i understand 

i think

truth about peep ( i checked a few tracks out) ... people love the fucked up artist type, like cobain. we don't listen to them because they are into drugs but because they are addicted to drugs their lyrics have a strength to them. i understand 

i think

you might understand, but...

do you member?

I understand that there’s been something of an epidemic of similar deaths in the US recently because drugs laced with extremely potent opioids have become more common and people don’t test their drugs.

What's the point of this from a business standpoint, to breed a double addiction in your buyers so that they want more of the drug? 

The price disparity in opiates and street benzos is pretty large, so I guess using a dab of fent in that amount to get them double-hooked gets made up in the added frequency of people buying and turns around to be cost-efficient?

Or are the dealers simply doing it so that their (dirt cheap) drugs are seen as being the most 'potent' around and thus upping their rep?

Well, this is the first time that I'm properly looking into this matter but apparently fentanyl and its analogues have been more accessible to dealers than genuine heroin recently, they're cheaper and easier to produce. A part of the problem could be just due to improper handling and accidental contaminations because these substances are lethal in such small doses, an amount smaller than a grain of salt of carfentanil for example is enough to kill an adult. Pretty scary stuff. 

OR IT COULD BE THE GOVERNMENT EXERCISING POPULATION CONTROL

I suppose it's also because you can obtain fentanyl via prescription fraud etcetera whereas you can't really show up at a pharmacist for prescription heroin, or can you?

Yeah it was stupidly phrased, meant to say that heroin has been scarcer than before and fentanyl has been even more accessible. Most of it has been imported (directly) from China, where it wasn’t a controlled substance until last year. So it seems that the dealers often do it out of necessity rather than as a business strategy, they cut their product with something else and then season it with fent to boost the potency but I guess they’re too lazy to do it properly, even if you used a sensible amount you’d have to make sure it’s evenly distributed.

EDIT: I guess maintaining sales volume that way still is a business strategy. Could be the same story when it comes to mixing it with benzos. Crush them pills, throw in some baby powder with a dab of fent, press new pills and voila, you've got twice as much stuff to sell that's still effective.

Edited by Pipenik

glad you’re ok iwc, sorry to hear you had a shitty 2017. if lil peep’s music helped then that’s excellent imo and he doesn’t deserve all the hate for sure. mostly in jest tho i’d imagine... not listened to a huge amount of his music, but i can dig what i have heard.

I just found this neato site where you can plug in any date and it will list off famous people that died on that day, going back hundreds of years.  

For instance, here's all the deaths from today's date:

https://www.onthisday.com/deaths/january/13

so Wikipedia with an uglier UI

Well goddamn. This is still of the best pop songs ever, of any era, genre, etc. In hindsight Everybody Else Is Doing It, So Why Can't We? was a preview of dream pop that I would get into much, much later.