IGNORED

‘Damogen Furies’ will be released via Warp Records 20 April. Download ‘Rayc Fire 2’ at squarepusher.net

Aphex_Squarepusher_Twin

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He already used the "opening rusty metal gates" sound on 303 scopem hard, both tracks would be better without it.

BTW, in this interview you can see Squarepusher's reaktor ensembles, they look ultra convoluted:

http://www.xlr8r.com/news/2011/06/video-premiere-squarepusher-talks-to-the-creators-project/

He already used the "opening rusty metal gates" sound on 303 scopem hard, both tracks would be better without it.

BTW, in this interview you can see Squarepusher's reaktor ensembles, they look ultra convoluted:

http://www.xlr8r.com/news/2011/06/video-premiere-squarepusher-talks-to-the-creators-project/

that rusty gate sound also appeared on "The Barn (303 kebab mix)", was the opening sound right at the beginning of the track. (edit: if you mean the same sound I'm thinking of)

There were a few other throwback noises on ufab as well, some sounds off of Buzz Caner etc.

that rusty gate sound also appeared on "The Barn (303 kebab mix)", was the opening sound right at the beginning of the track. (edit: if you mean the same sound I'm thinking of)

There were a few other throwback noises on ufab as well, some sounds off of Buzz Caner etc.

you mean guitar at the start of the track? ufabulum had soft/synths, right? or...i don't get it xD

you mean guitar at the start of the track? ufabulum had soft/synths, right? or...i don't get it xD

The sound at the beginning of 303 scopem hard is almost the same as the sound at the beginning of The Barn (303 kebab mix)... slightly modified.

There are other sounds/samples he recycled from his back catalogue into ufab in the same manner but I don't have the album in front of me to point out which ones.

Yeah that one, nice catch haha, how nice of Mr.Pusher to reuse such nice and pleasant sounds on not one but 3 tracks.

Wasn't the track 40.96a off Enstrobia also made almost exclusively from those screech sounds ?

Even if it was really harsh for the ears, I liked how he used those sounds both on Dark Steering and 303 Scopem Hard, because it linked those 2 track together and thus added "narration" to the album.

But it sounds kind of out-of-place on Rayc Fire 2 to me.

Anyway, that track is a real grower :music:

Yeah that one, nice catch haha, how nice of Mr.Pusher to reuse such nice and pleasant sounds on not one but 3 tracks.

Wasn't the track 40.96a off Enstrobia also made almost exclusively from those screech sounds ?

Even if it was really harsh for the ears, I liked how he used those sounds both on Dark Steering and 303 Scopem Hard, because it linked those 2 track together and thus added "narration" to the album.

But it sounds kind of out-of-place on Rayc Fire 2 to me.

Anyway, that track is a real grower :music:

It just sounds like he's trying to be "hard" like a lot of those early 90's IDM artists back then without having any real purpose other than to show he still has it.

Guest trananhhung

Dude who wrote that's favourite band is U2 lol.

Could you rephrase that? I'm actually curious about what you were trying to say.

All that screeching/ringmod just sounds like a gimmick to me, like as if he couldn't think of another way to challenge the listener, to prove that he isn't a sellout, that he's still the daddy than to fill the tracks with that. I understand he has a girlfriend now, he announced it on belgian radio station, so he's probably not up to spending days programming breaks but c'mon there has to be a middle ground.

Also what's with the timid breaks that show up in the Rayc Fire 2 for just a second? Did he include that to remember us how he got his... break?

Guest trananhhung

How one goes from the genius of something like Papalon or Don't Go Plastic to a track like Rayc Fire....

:cerious:

Pretty much. But hey, maybe the rest is ace. There's always, at least, one perfect track from every Squarepusher release:

A Journey To Reedham (7am Mix)

Iambic 5 Poetry

Sarcacid, Pt. 2

Do You Know Squarepusher

Angel Integer

Theme From Ernest Borgnine

Tommib

Beep Street

Welcome to Europe

Quadrature

Song: Our Underwater Torch

You Endless

My Sound

Illegal Dustbin

Square Rave

Into the Blue

seb-1.09

Square Window

Ultravisitor

Tundra 4

Guest trananhhung

I'm already removing all the music from my phone to transfer everything from the Pusher into it. Will be revisiting Tom for the next two months.

How one goes from the genius of something like Papalon or Don't Go Plastic to a track like Rayc Fire....

Pretty much. But hey, maybe the rest is ace. There's always, at least, one perfect track from every Squarepusher release:

Iambic 5 Poetry

Sarcacid, Pt. 2

Do You Know Squarepusher

Angel Integer

Tommib

Beep Street

Welcome to Europe

Quadrature

You Endless

My Sound

Illegal Dustbin

Square Rave

Into the Blue

seb-1.09

Square Window

Ultravisitor

Tundra 4

How could you even choose Tommib as the perfect track from Go Plastic :catnope:

Guest trananhhung

Iambic 5 Poetry

Sarcacid, Pt. 2

Do You Know Squarepusher

Angel Integer

Tommib

Beep Street

Welcome to Europe

Quadrature

You Endless

My Sound

Illegal Dustbin

Square Rave

Into the Blue

seb-1.09

Square Window

Ultravisitor

Tundra 4

How could you even choose Tommib as the perfect track from Go Plastic :catnope:

I love that entire album. It's on my top 5 records FROM THE FOREVER. But that track, it's pretty much a perfect ambient track. Short, simple but only the Pusher could've come up with it. It stands as high as the rest of the planet engulfing monster tracks. That's how I see it. I know nothing though.

just listened to ufabulum again, ecstatic shock is a masterpiece so many little details going on :music:

Indeed.

..hmmm. I am more compelled to listen now at least. If it sounds like what I fear it will sound like though, I hope he does an Aphex and digs deep into his analogue gear on the next one and puts some real feeling back into his music.

Use of analogue gear does not automatically = feeling. Ufabulum used mostly analogue synths (101 and CS80), and everyone was shit talking that because of digitalness and lack of feeling. Judging from the PR blurb this one will be all Reaktor patches, but I doubt most people could genuinely tell the difference between the two.

Where did you hear that ufabulum had any 101 and cs80? Admittedly it's been a while since I listened to it but I don't recall hearing anything like that on it. Even the '303' in scopem was obvs a software patch

Dude who wrote that's favourite band is U2 lol.

Could you rephrase that? I'm actually curious about what you were trying to say.

If you scroll to the bottom of the article, the guy who wrote it lists his favourite bands as U2 and Stone Roses, and favourite album as Achtung Baby.

Minging!

http://www.xsnoize.com/squarepusher-announces-new-album-damogen-furies-out-in-april/

Archived